What's new
Does anyone know if razoola still patches/updates?
Really curious about this too.
I've been lurking in this thread to see what fix you've come up with, because my 1FZ does the same thing with the audio after playing the attract mode for a little while.

Really curious about this too.
I've been lurking in this thread to see what fix you've come up with, because my 1FZ does the same thing with the audio after playing the attract mode for a little while.
I pinged razoola. It doesn't sound like he patches unibios anymore, but he thinks this could be related to the EPROM used.

Side note, the 1fz always crashed when running pick n mix (unibios 4) on my board. There must be something off or different in this revision. Same exact rom chip in a MV-4 board works 100%

he thinks this could be related to the EPROM used.
Faulty EPROM or too slow?

Side note, the 1fz always crashed when running pick n mix (unibios 4) on my board. There must be something off or different in this revision. Same exact rom chip in a MV-4 board works 100%
For what it’s worth, UniBIOS 4.0 caused the same audio issues and crashes on my MV1F single slot.

Faulty EPROM or too slow?
He didn't mention, just said he would need to know when the audio cutoff happens exactly to understand more. I will try to do some testing on my board. I believe I have an eprom chip directly from razoola with 4.0 on it.

I'm lucky I have a Metal Slug right now that I have repaired, so I did 2 1-hour demo runs, 1 on an MV1A, 1 on a MV1FZ, and both never glitched or crashed in any way. Using the same unibios 4 chip for both.

I'm lucky I have a Metal Slug right now that I have repaired, so I did 2 1-hour demo runs, 1 on an MV1A, 1 on a MV1FZ, and both never glitched or crashed in any way. Using the same unibios 4 chip for both.
What eprom is your unibios’ on?

Good information. Thanks for the posts here.

I'm still running 3.3 on my primary systems. Never bothered upgrading. My 4-slot big red has 4.0 and has never been on long enough in atteact mode for anything but Pick'n Mix so I haven't noticed anything.

I think EU region as well but I’ll do some more testing tonight
100% on Europe too

I have a six slot cab with all six MS games loaded up, and UniBios 4.0 set to MVS and Europe. (Original carts, if it’s relevant?)

It will occasionally lose all sound if left in attract mode, OR occasionally if soft rebooted via the in game UniBios menu.

Only comes back after a full power off and back on again.

This has been a fascinating read so far. Good to hear that my issue is replicated elsewhere.

@kikaso raz is asking to test regions. Does it only happen in USA attract mode?
Strangely enough, I didn’t lose audio when set to Japan region even after one hour. I’ll keep testing this weekend and update the thread.

Did some more uniBIOS 4.0 testing;
  • the US bios is the worst in terms of audio issues. Sometimes I lose audio after 25 minutes, other times as soon as eight. No real rhyme or reason.
  • The EU bios is more reliable but not 100%. Sometimes I’ll lose audio after 25 minutes, other times it maintains audio after two hours.
  • The JP bios hasn’t given me any issues this far. No audio problems as far as I can tell.
The audio issues only happen while looping in attract. When testing the different bios, I reset the backup ram each time; not sure if that matters.

Just confirming I can reproduce the same thing on my MV1FZS. I erased, burned and verified the latest unibios on a ST M27C1024-10F1. I ran Metal Slug 1 in attract mode and the audio dropped at around the 25 minute mark in USA MVS region. I ran Euro MVS for 45 minutes and didn't lose audio. I captured the audio drop on video as requested by Raz, uploading to him now.

I did notice something odd when testing USA MVS. I lost audio at around 12 minutes twice and the attract looped 2-3 more times and audio came back.

I did notice something odd when testing USA MVS. I lost audio at around 12 minutes twice and the attract looped 2-3 more times and audio came back.
Oh this is odd behavior. I haven’t had this happen to me but then again, I haven’t left it on that long after losing audio.

Thanks for your help sorting this out with Raz.

Back