What's new
Well, did a double ram clear (all dips down, then hardware test clear page), set to us / arcade and lost sound in about 6:30 mins while in attract.
System is MV1A, with the 200ms EPROM of earlier.

And I then test Magician Lord and I lost sound in like less than 3mins.. Like, 3-4 attract loops.
Now trying Magician Lord US / Console and I have yet to lose sound, after 17min. Note that when in console the Neogeo jingle only happens once at boot.

Last edited:
Thanks for testing, @Ryoandr and for updating with your results. Were you using the US bios?

EDIT: Never mind I see you were using US

Also, can someone please test Metal Slug X? That game was glitching out there on me on US bios after 20 minutes or so of looping attract.

Attachments

• 16FC645C-1E4D-4B8E-883D-9A9802350AC7.jpeg
    16FC645C-1E4D-4B8E-883D-9A9802350AC7.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
For what it's worth, I launched my 161-1 and selected MSX (NOT in picknmix mode), and after about 45mins I lost sound, then shortly after it gliched in the same way as kikaso.
Same setup as before, MV1A, 200ms Uni4, system set to US / Arcade.

For what it's worth, I launched my 161-1 and selected MSX (NOT in picknmix mode), and after about 45mins I lost sound, then shortly after it gliched in the same way as kikaso.
Same setup as before, MV1A, 200ms Uni4, system set to US / Arcade.
Thanks again for testing. I had same issues using a TO multi cart so the audio issues and the glitching aren’t related to games.

Update from Raz. Can someone record Euro region audio drop on video?

I have had a chance to look through things and I had found something that is probably causing the issue in USA region. I really need some video of how the sound drops out in euro region, with original cart, single slot MVS and unibios v4.

Update from Raz. Can someone record Euro region audio drop on video?
So I ran the Euro bios for about an hour and didn’t lose audio. I think @Ryoandr has lost audio on that regions bios.

Edit: it’s @ChrisBEANS who has had issues with euro BIOS. Maybe they can replicate and take video for Raz?

Last edited:
So I ran the Euro bios for about an hour and didn’t lose audio. I think @Ryoandr has lost audio on that regions bios.

Edit: it’s @ChrisBEANS who has had issues with euro BIOS. Maybe they can replicate and take video for Raz?
More than happy to when I get the opportunity. I’m not with the cab though, so can’t make promises as to when that might be…

Edit: Assuming it’s relevant, I’m running the UniBios on a six slot, not a one slot too.

I’ll deffo get to it when I’m back that way 😎

So I did some more testing on the EU bios this weekend.

I had Metal Slug X running for two hours on Saturday and four hours on Sunday and had no issues. I then switched to US bios and it promptly glitched out after 20 mins or so.

Unless someone else is having issues with EU or JP bios, I’m comfortable saying the audio issues affect US only, at least for me.

Sorry, been away and not able to test , but I can tell you what I’m certain of (but it will lack detail and specificity)

Six slot board
UniBios 4.0, set to Arcade and Europe
Loaded with MS1, 2, X, 3, 4, 5
If left unattended, it will always eventually lose sound and require a power cycle to restore it
I cannot be certain how long this takes, but sometimes appears to take longer than ther times.
I can say that when I was grinding MS1 for a 1cc, I would occasionally soft reset the cab via the UniBios in game menu, and sometimes (but definitely not always) this act would cause sound loss and require a power cycle.

All of the issues I’ve had can be pretty easily replicated. Granted, I mostly play on another MVS with original US bios.

Sorry, been away and not able to test , but I can tell you what I’m certain of (but it will lack detail and specificity)

Six slot board
UniBios 4.0, set to Arcade and Europe
Loaded with MS1, 2, X, 3, 4, 5
If left unattended, it will always eventually lose sound and require a power cycle to restore it
I cannot be certain how long this takes, but sometimes appears to take longer than ther times.
I can say that when I was grinding MS1 for a 1cc, I would occasionally soft reset the cab via the UniBios in game menu, and sometimes (but definitely not always) this act would cause sound loss and require a power cycle.
6 slot boards are very finicky with sound. It would be good to test with a stock EU bios before pointing the finger to unibios.

Back