What's new
Actaully thats not true. The X2 version is capable of running in windowed mode and on a single monitor right out of the box. It supports resolutions all the way down to 320x200

Actaully thats not true. The X2 version is capable of running in windowed mode and on a single monitor right out of the box. It supports resolutions all the way down to 320x200
Interesting. When I'd chatted with a guy on Shmups who was selling his kit on eBay he said he couldn't get it to work in any way outside of two HD monitors.

Awesome to know, though.

Interesting. When I'd chatted with a guy on Shmups who was selling his kit on eBay he said he couldn't get it to work in any way outside of two HD monitors.
Awesome to know, though.
Yea, you can only control the screen size, etc. If you have access to the config file. Which you would need to be using the dumped game to use ( unless you know how to reencrypt the virtual disks ;) ).

Also one other thing I want to clarify. The 320x200 resolution is per monitor, so in windowed mode ( to get it to run on one monitor ), the resolution would probably be 640x200.

He has a workaround to run the TTX in a 15khz cab. But it cost extra.
What I meant was that I don't think that the arcade version of Dariustburst can be run in anything lower than 2x 1024x768. The game isn't built to support single monitor nor 31/24/15kHz.
That's why he is using the Steam version, it can run on one monitor in ultrawidescreen plus the Chronicle mode uses one screen and 720 and up.
I think you may be mistaken, kidpanda. You can't enable credits in the Steam version anywhere I can find...

Interesting. When I'd chatted with a guy on Shmups who was selling his kit on eBay he said he couldn't get it to work in any way outside of two HD monitors.Awesome to know, though.
Yea, you can only control the screen size, etc. If you have access to the config file. Which you would need to be using the dumped game to use ( unless you know how to reencrypt the virtual disks ;) ).
Also one other thing I want to clarify. The 320x200 resolution is per monitor, so in windowed mode ( to get it to run on one monitor ), the resolution would probably be 640x200.
That's interesting indeed. Thanks for clarifying :).

Last edited:
Crimzon Clover doesn't use credits either, it's always on free play. Another Steam version he is using on the Multi. Jamestown and Ikaruga are Steam versions as well on the drive.

Crimzon Clover doesn't use credits either, it's always on free play. Another Steam version he is using on the Multi. Jamestown and Ikaruga are Steam versions as well on the drive.
No, my point is that his version /does/ use credits and the Steam version does not.

I dug out my Type X2 last night and was able to get TGM3 working. You don't need a multi and can build a drive using a donor Type X2 image from MAME.

You use the TTXLoader version of TGM3, drop it into a folder and add the missing OpenGL and GLU32 DLL files in there.

At this point if you run GAME.exe you'll get a strange crash. The final key to the puzzle is disabling EWF temporarily, installing the latest Gladiac 979 drivers, then re-enabling EWF. The game then works fine.

You can also add the game to Joerg's multi by dropping it into a subfolder of the GAMES folder, so you can use his menu to select it with JVS controls.

Do the other games still load fine after this? If so there really is no reason to not do it, huh?

At this point if you run GAME.exe you'll get a strange crash. The final key to the puzzle is disabling EWF temporarily, installing the latest Gladiac 979 drivers, then re-enabling EWF. The game then works fine.

You can also add the game to Joerg's multi by dropping it into a subfolder of the GAMES folder, so you can use his menu to select it with JVS controls.
The game crash is as far as I've made it. Already had it showing up in the multi. Thanks for the info, I'll give it a shot this afternoon :).

What's the best way to change games on the multi game other than pulling the power cable?

What's the best way to change games on the multi game other than pulling the power cable?
I'd assume if you have a keyboard attached you could alt F4 out.

FWIW, did not get to try it out today as it turns out I don't actually own a PS/2 keyboard...

ah PS/2 keyboard. I have a USB keyboard plugged in and it does nothing.

Hit the service button and goto the "save & exit" or "save & reset" option.

I just keep getting errors when trying to update the drivers...

Update: SampleHunter sent me the proper drivers, I'd had the wrong ones. Tetris works, as does Homura, Jamestown, Otomedius, and Spica Adventure.

Last edited:
I just keep getting errors when trying to update the drivers...
Update: SampleHunter sent me the proper drivers, I'd had the wrong ones. Tetris works, as does Homura, Jamestown, Otomedius, and Spica Adventure.
Cool, glad to hear you got it working.

If anyone else is looking for them, the drivers can be downloaded at this link.

Cool, glad to hear you got it working.
If anyone else is looking for them, the drivers can be downloaded at this link.
I wasn't sure if I should post it since I'd been given a mega link. Thanks for pointing to the official download location.

And thank you for helping me get it up and running. It's very much appreciated.

Back