What's new
Tracing back the weird-looking card with 4 dip-switches, I realized it was connected to the power switch/reset switch pins. So then I traced it to the power switch button and found which pins to short resulting in the machine turning on when it had stopped turning on.

ALSO, I repaired the GPU by replacing its fan because its ball-bearings were really worn down. It sounds silent now and has a fancier look since the fan is from a newer GPU model lol

https://yubi.moe/pics/

Fair warning on these platforms if you're looking to do a hardware upgrade: FastIO does not fully function outside of the X3. There's some control codes the X3 bios sends the FastIO card which preps the JVS portion for the system.

You can get input to work using tools with card emulation but it's 100% impossible to get card readers to function without replaying whatever that bootup data is that preps the IO from a X3. This is true for any non-X3 motherboard and FastIO.

The JVS portion of the card never initializes and won't respond when a game queries the port. You can use the FastIO input but you need the "fixed" solutions that include card emulation otherwise no matter what happens you get IO ERROR in every FastIO game. In a X3 with a card reader hooked up it should turn blue and everything work without external tool assistance.

It "works" but it doesn't work as it should be. The FastIO portion of the IO seems to be handled by the driver.

Im thinking of getting a Taito X4 and want to know some basics of upgrading.

If emulating I’m planning on mostly widescreen content

can I use a 3090 RTX in a X4 build?

What are some tips and warnings for this X4 noob?

Does Anyone know if it is possible to use Jamma connection with X4 , i try a Jamma to USB adapter but when starting my X4 Image on JVS mode it won't reboot .

Does Anyone know if it is possible to use Jamma connection with X4 , i try a Jamma to USB adapter but when starting my X4 Image on JVS mode it won't reboot .

Attachments

• 16774165501687080470943348184750.jpg
    16774165501687080470943348184750.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 111
Tracing back the weird-looking card with 4 dip-switches, I realized it was connected to the power switch/reset switch pins. So then I traced it to the power switch button and found which pins to short resulting in the machine turning on when it had stopped turning on.

ALSO, I repaired the GPU by replacing its fan because its ball-bearings were really worn down. It sounds silent now and has a fancier look since the fan is from a newer GPU model lol

https://yubi.moe/pics/
I have a love live that's stuck in a boot up loop issue. The fans spin up and as soon as that dip switch card green light comes on, the fans all stop and it seems to reboot and repeat the process. Is that similar to your issue and is there something you did with that dip switch card to fix it?

I have a love live that's stuck in a boot up loop issue. The fans spin up and as soon as that dip switch card green light comes on, the fans all stop and it seems to reboot and repeat the process. Is that similar to your issue and is there something you did with that dip switch card to fix it?

This is exactly what I was experiencing. I ended up giving up and switching to manual boot (unplugging the dip switch 'card' and wiring my own jumper cables). My only guess as to what caused this was bios or the hard drive being swapped. I think it's some type of tamper protection. OR it could just be a dip switch issue that I don't fully understand.

If you want, you have 16 different combinations of dip switch combos to try.

Feel free to DM me here and I'll send you my discord contact.

Is the consensus not to get a x4 over a x3 due to the lack of FAST IO + JVS support?

Can you pop a USB IO into a x3 to add native USB IO game support (e.g. SF6)?

Back