What's new
getting-praised-web.jpg

Please add me as well! I don't mind waiting.

Thank you!
Hey, you sent me private message about this long time ago and you were on the list already. Check the first post, you are almost next in line :)

I did some testing yesterday using jamma adapter to power the selector and relay to reset st-v board so I could build nice jamma adapters for those not wanting to solder anything. As I suspected, there is a problem with voltage spikes when taking out 5V from line that is controlled by the relay. Relay module itself has diode and optocoupler but problem is more in the psus that has momentarily unstable 5V when relay disconnects the line from ST-V (and reconnects), reseting the arduino. Using external psu for selector would work, but I want to make simple solution without it. Using 12V line and regulator to power selector might be good option that will work well with most of the PSUs.

And hey, if you have already installed the selector, post some pics!

TIP of the day:
If you haven't got connections right when using the selector, there is possibility that current flows through other pins and reset line does something weird "bricking" ST-V. What actually happens is probably some sort of corruption in the backup memory. I had that happen few times when testing things and updating the arduino sketch bit too tired and forgot to disconnect and connect wires. Taking out the battery and leave the board alone for few hours (or whole night) will help.

Last edited:
I did something during weekend and today. This is jamma adapter that has 5V line going through relay module that is controlled using the AUX pin of the selector. I first had problem that 5V voltage on jamma edge fluctuates when switched on and this reseted the selector. It is the cheap PSU and all the caps on the board that causes that to happen. So I just took the power for the selector and the relay from 12V line using 7805 regulator turning it to stable 5V. Seems to work fine now, at least with my psu and board.

I'm not yet sure where to go from here, should I draw the whole JAMMA adapter and add all the components there (the nice solution) or just use the finger boards (messy solution). Anyway, I'll probably make prototype by hand and send it to someone brave enough to have longer test with it :)

IMG_1569.jpg

From the selector's manual I see that the reset point on the multicard is different from the one spotted on the darksoft's manual, can the original point be used with the selector?

Just curious

From my own experience, we are talking about different points as reset points.
The one in the Darksoft's manual communicates only with the main board. And the one in miisalo's selector communicates differently with the selector (between arduino and the multicart)
There is no continuity between the pins.
So according to what you are mounting, you have to use the correct manual

thanks for the reply, in effect after posting my question I've checked the continuity between the 2 points and there's not.

Selector uses program connectors reset pin to reset the multicart (and same time resets the board with the other pin). If you are talking about the reset point of the multicarts "autoreset" firmware, that point is actually kind of output used to that resets the ST-V board to start the game.

Use relevant manual.

Btw. I talked with darksoft about how multicart resets the board and it's basically "electric" switch connecting reset line to ground to pull it down. As the selector uses same way to reset the board both connections should be safe to be used same time enabling using autoreset with selector.

So it should be possible to connect selector as in selectors manual + connect the other reset point from the multicart also to the st-v board.

Is it too late to get in on one of these, @miisalo? Somehow I missed this thread for the past God knows how many months....

Still more than 30 pcbs left so rewrite you are in.

Oh and I got lot of Arduinos today and got 4066s yesterday. I'm visiting my parents this weekend and try to take parts with me to build one for everyone in the queue, I have made four boards more ready to be tested and sent.

Last edited:
Don't have an ST-V mobo yet.. wanted to ask you guys if $110 USD (ex shipping) is reasonable for an ST-V A board? Not sure if they underwent a steep price rise lately, wondering if now is a good time to buy, I know it's like stock you never know (unless you rig the system) :) but interested in your opinions.

I have three boards, two of them looks like shit and need repairs. If that $110 board looks good, take it. But be warned, the secondary cpu GPU often needs reflow.

And announcement. All people now in the queue still get the selector for 25 euros, but for next ones I'm going to raise the price to 30 euros. Reason is to have some buffer so I can send replacement boards etc if someone has problems without taking hit. Yesterday I found that one board I build acted weird and one of the 4066 chip had one faulty line. I have tested all the boards I have sent but maybe I missed something or maybe post will destroy them etc and I want to send replacement without any cost to the buyers. Currently I have had one bad PCB, one nonworking arduino and one faulty 4066, that also meant trashed pcb. Not bad, but cost me some money.

Last edited:
Back