What's new
I'm not sure if it is real world problem. But measured from Jamma edge, it does spike (and go below 5V) at least when using cheap arcade psu when powering up. I didn't burn any arduinos using it. It just didn't work relay controlled prototype, because 5V line dropped momentarily so low that it reseted arduino when switching board back on.

If you take 5V far from jamma edge, LC type spikes are probably less there.

Since yesterday I have been playing with esp8266s and nodemcu firmware. It would be quite easy to build selector that connects wifi (or sets AP) and is controlled through web page or native mobile app.

Anyone interested?

Since yesterday I have been playing with esp8266s and nodemcu firmware. It would be quite easy to build selector that connects wifi (or sets AP) and is controlled through web page or native mobile app.

Anyone interested?
Sounds interesting. I'm back and received the package but I have not had time to open it yet. I leave work early tomorrow so I hope to open it and see what I need to order for the kits.

Anyone interested?
That sounds good :)
Would it be compatible with the one that I ordered ?!

One option would offer it as add on to the current selector. It would then need daughter board that plugs in under that arduino. In that case, it would need esp8266-01, 3.3V regulator and two caps and some serious programming but its doable. I personally prefer selecting games without need to find where the ..ck did I put my phone, but this would be perfect opportunity for me to learn eLua or direct esp8266 programming. It'll take a while but I'll probably make prototype.

Those esp8266es are beasts...this thing is running wifi access point and serving one dynamic web page right now and costs <$2.5

12976757_10154031947457226_7412280532229807036_o.jpg

Anyone interested?
Sounds interesting. I'm back and received the package but I have not had time to open it yet. I leave work early tomorrow so I hope to open it and see what I need to order for the kits.
I remember opting for such a feature in the Neo Geo Multikit.. :P

Last edited:
Little teaser

fantastic!!! Just a question, on the video you say that you don't have the auto reset firmware on your multicart and then you need to select again the game.
I have the auto reset firmware in my cart (if I use it without the selector (and with the reset point used from darksoft, the multicart automatically reboots after the flashing) but with the selector I need to select the game again. I was thinking that the cause was the fw in the selector and not in the multicard, I'm a bit confused.. :S

Both selector and the cart must be connected to ST-V:s reset to use autoreset and selector.

so i have to use the "old" point and solder it on the stv and use it together with the one used from the selector? Sorry if I ask but I'm scared to fry everything :/

Thats the idea. But maybe I should first do it and measure that its perfectly safe :) I have spare stv :P

I've already made the connection (black wire)
bQcFDJ1.jpg

But I'm not brave enough to power on (and I have only this stv) maybe is better for me to leave it disconnected until we know if it's safe :)

If the muiticarts reset point is normally floating (not connected to 5 or 3.3V) or has very high resistance to them (megaohms), its safe to have them connected same time.

Well I think you only use one of the points on the cart itself and then the pin on the chip on the motherboard. No need for both points on the cart.

Back