What's new
Could i get on the list Stereo and Kick harness adapter <3<3

Update:

I got my hands on an STV with the stock IO board. I was able to make dual position holes for the female connector to accommodate both STV layouts. I just dropped a replacement board in the mail for @98pacecar who has 2 boards with the stock IO board layout. Once I hear back about the fit I'll start getting orders out again beginning with people who need replacements.

I opted for a bare PCB and supplied the components myself.

I assembled it tonight.

Footprints are spot on, perfect fit.

I really like it. Simple and effective, everything it needs to be and nothing it doesn't.

Great job, I love it, I'm happy and thank you.
104663198_10220774306320537_164040639238519986_n.jpg

And installed.

@everten you did a wonderful job here.

104308897_10220774657529317_830050642375034263_n.jpg

Attachments

• 103725968_10220774657929327_3806300519569448990_n.jpg
    103725968_10220774657929327_3806300519569448990_n.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 130
And tested and sounding beautiful. Stereo all the way!

Tip for people assembling their own, the harness between the two 4 pin JST connectors is reverse pinout. Pin 1 of connector A to pin 4 of connector B and so on.

And tested and sounding beautiful. Stereo all the way!

Tip for people assembling their own, the harness between the two 4 pin JST connectors is reverse pinout. Pin 1 of connector A to pin 4 of connector B and so on.
Nice! Yes, the pins are reversed on the stereo pcb. I think this was intentional, but can't remember why. I should have added markings indicating the pin numbers on the board. I will do that on the next run.

It actually makes sense the way you've done it, re reversed pinout. It keeps the wiring harness straight.

However my mind automatically (and incorrectly) jumped to the pin 1 to pin 1 conclusion and I was greeted by some not so nice sounding audio.

Quick buzz with the multimeter confirmed my error, popped the wires out and re-pinned correctly, problem solved.

Totally my error and fixed in two seconds. That said, I wouldn't argue against silk screening the correct pinout.

With it wired correctly everything is spot on. Left, right audio and grounds. Perfect.

Alignment was also spot on and it mounts perfectly. Placement is convenient and optimal.

Job well done!

This is a cracker of a product and I've already told a few people to buy one. :)

I got the new version of the this board today and it fits on both of my STV mobos perfectly! Looks like it will be easy to swap over to the style that didn't have an IO from the factor as well, so it should work for anybody at this point.

Kudos to @everten for a perfect design and taking care of the minor issue that came up! It was a real treat to play Radiant in stereo glory!!

It was a real treat to play Radiant in stereo glory!!
That was my first stereo test game too! Sounds awesome. MVS, CPS2, Naomi and STV all piping stereo audio in my setups, really makes a difference.

Incidentally, does anyone here know if the IO version plays nicely with a Lion's Plexi case? I'm thinking it should as it docks to the top of the STV motherboard and the Lion's Plexi appears to have adequate spacing.

@Frank_fjs I haven't been able to confirm as I am waiting on my case order, but my understanding is yes. It will sit lower than the large heatsink so should be good.

Would you say the stereo only PCB that sits underneath wouldn't fit the lions case?

Crap, missed that version mounted on the underside. That I don't know.

Incidentally, does anyone here know if the IO version plays nicely with a Lion's Plexi case? I'm thinking it should as it docks to the top of the STV motherboard and the Lion's Plexi appears to have adequate spacing.
The IO board is designed to allow for the case. Although I do not have a lions case to confirm, I'm pretty confident it will be fine. The IO board height is less than the height of the heat sync which is the tallest component on the STV.

The audio-only board would most likely need slightly longer standoffs than the ones provided with the lions case.

In the picture you can see that I designed the board to avoid the area squared off around the screw hole. As long as whatever standoffs are used for the case don't extend outside of that boxed area it should be ok.

50040481746_3e33375ba3.jpg

Last edited:
Back