What's new
For Sale
Restocked a few boards. I would have added more, but I ran out of some packing materials.

I mixed up an order a few weeks ago. I think one of you received an extra free board :whistling:. Big thanks to @alecutheman for understanding when he only received half of his order... Apologies, but we worked it out. :thumbup:

Aww I hope that one person who received an extra was honest enough to come forward.

Would you make the M92 Stereo set?
I’ve been looking for an M92.

IIRC both the Amp and DAC are mono
This is what I had read as well. There is reference to CN6 regarding stereo, but if hardware doesn’t support it maybe it’s dual mono.

From MAME documentation:
CN6: Connector for 2nd speaker (for stereo output)

it's the M92 mono only? IIRC both the Amp and DAC are mono; unless you know something the rest of us don't
I just see it has an amplifier (the top right corner) and CN6 (seems like stereo output). I thought it can make the RCA stereo (just raise the idea).:D
Attached the pic.
IMG_20210406_203311.jpg

it's possible that this is simply for additional speakers in a 4-player setup.

but a little bit of time with a multimeter should be able to prove it out.

it's possible that this is simply for additional speakers in a 4-player setup.

but a little bit of time with a multimeter should be able to prove it out.
O. The game likes Hook (4-player setup). That makes sense. It needs 2 cabs for 4 players and extra 2 speakers.
Wish it can be made the stereo output for M92 games. If it can, it's the good news for the M92 multi!!!!

Both the amp and the DAC are indeed mono. Just eyeballing the connector and the components it's connected to, the Mame documention has to be wrong, I don't see how CN6 has anything to do with audio. I'll leave the mystery to someone that's smarter than me to figure out its true purpose. One pin is GND, one is +12V, one goes to TR3 and R5, and one goes to RA2.

Hi! everten :)

Will you ever make a Stereo RCA & Jack Output PCB for this MVS Slot Type.

Because really not practical the connection on the side :unsure:

I thought of a simultaneous connection on the Headphone and Speaker output connector for stability and a spacer on a sound amplifier hole with a longer screw.

I know my drawing is not very beautiful :saint:

Tell me what you think :rolleyes:?

20210406-194004.jpg
20210406-194012.jpg
20210406-194033.jpg
20210406-200312.jpg

Last edited:
@chacal231077 if you don't want to wait for what you're proposing, an easy solution already exists which will produce stereo from that board via RCA plugs. Can confirm that this works perfectly - I have the same style MVS 1 slot as pictured. This is relatively simple to build on your own and there's also a vendor on eBay who sells these pre-made if you want to go that route:

s-l400.jpg

Will you ever make a Stereo RCA & Jack Output PCB for this MVS Slot Type.

Not this particular one just yet, but as @BroadwayJose suggested you can do this with easy harness for now.

I was working on something for the MV1FZ(S) models. There would be some soldering with castellated holes and incorporate two boards. I ran into some issues with the prototypes I built. I've either got something wrong with the circuit or bad solder job on these SMD parts. I got discouraged and had to take a break on this project for now, but will revisit it soon. I may need assistance on this one.

I was trying to use the circuit that a few others have used in the past, but it a non-destructive way where the original circuit could be restored with a switch to flip between JAMMA and RCA as needed.

IMG_1880.jpg

IMG_1883.jpg

IMG_1881.JPG

@chacal231077 if you don't want to wait for what you're proposing, an easy solution already exists which will produce stereo from that board via RCA plugs. Can confirm that this works perfectly - I have the same style MVS 1 slot as pictured. This is relatively simple to build on your own and there's also a vendor on eBay who sells these pre-made if you want to go that route:

s-l400.jpg
I have already made this type of cable myself I have the clamps, but I would prefer a more stylish and functional RCA output PCB :thumbup:

A quick update...

I have blank PCBs and a few other parts arriving next week. I'm having a hard time sourcing some parts in the USA, especially JST connectors and pins. I'm going to have to order direct from the manufacturer for a few items. I'm hoping I can have some boards back in stock in about 2 weeks. I apologize to those who have been on the wait list for a few weeks already.

For those that reached out regarding purchasing larger quantities I will try to prioritize your requests.

I've built and sold over 100 boards and shipped to 15 different countries since moving to Tindie just over 3 months ago. Pretty unreal. I appreciate all of the support! Tindie has been a life saver in managing orders, etc.

Some good news - moving forward, the G-NET / ZN-2 stereo add-on will support ZN-1 boards. I've added a slotted screw hole that will accommodate both board types. I had a few others test and confirm a good fit. I don't have any pics at the moment since I gave them all away.

Not so good news - the JST connectors I need are very difficult to find right now. I placed an order directly with JST and half of the parts have a 160-190 day ETA. I followed through on the order for now, but I'm still on the hunt for parts.

Back