What's new
OK, with help from my wife and no interruptions! All tests are with game in AirDrive test mode, the hex display showed LL and none of the cables to the rear cabinet attached, so should be like when you first tested your setup? (Driver board attached to game board & power)

table-chart163&164INPUT.png

table-chart163&164OUTPUT.png

table-chart3&4INPUT.png

table-chart3&4OUTPUT.png

Looks like signal 8 is the problem? Should be low? I've triple checked the result and it is 100% high for all tests. I've not re-attached the rear cabinet to see if that changes anything.

Hi sega_man,
now after Christmas and a little break from work, let's check on your delux mashine again.

In the meantime you have prepared useful tables and I have studied some documents.

So the signal 8 on the gameboard behaves correctly, but it doesn't fit on the driveboard. Somewhere in between there seems to be a problem, an interruption would be possible.
You take a few more measurements with the logic tester.
You always use the Airdrive test menu.

At the moment it is enough if you only stay for one test, e.g. on Test No.1.
You always do the control measurement on GB IC163 pin 10 and on DB PC3 pin 2.

Currently, according to your tables, we start at the GB with the LOW level and arrive at the DB with the High level.
The signal 8 should be exactly the same on the DB as on the GB.

Start with the measurement and note the level in each case:
> gameboard IC163 pin10
> 26-pin gameboard connector [CNC] pin 17
> 16-pin filterboard connector pin 8
> 8-pin filterboard connector (brown) pin 8
> 50-pin driveboard connector pin B4 (signal 8)
> driveboard PC3 pin 2

Ok. Will do these tests ASAP. Is pin 1 marked on the connectors? I can't remember! Just want to make sure I measure the correct pins!!! Thanks

Here are some pictures:

Gameboard pin17
GB_.JPG

Filtzerboard Pin 8 / Pin 8
FB_.JPG

I saw in your picture that you have two 16-pin plugs on the filter board, I can't find the designation. Just follow the black cable from the gameboard to the filter board and on the back of the filter board the opposite cable then continues to the drive board.

Driveboard B4
DB_.JPG

Ok. The problem is on the game board :(

IC163 pin 10 LOW
CNC pin 17 HIGH
16 pin filter board pin 8 HIGH
50 pin driveboard B4 HIGH
PC3 pin 2 HIGH

I would suspect IC163 (ULN 2003) as being partially faulty. There's not much between pin 10 of IC163 and pin 17 of connector C except for a resistor array and some filter capacitors. It's possible that part of the resistor array may have failed or one of the filter capacitors has died, but it's more likely to be IC163 I think.

Yeah that's what I've found! RA41 seems about the only thing between the 2 points.

Yep. Thought that would be it....but no 😞

The HEX display is all correct now, the only test that seems to work is handle reverse.

This game will be the death of me!!!

Great, the driveboard works!
Do You hear the valves during the further Airdrive tests?
Do you have compressed air in the back where the valves for the seat are?

If everything fits, then you can measure on the SSR board whether the valves are getting power.
Use my table where the test number, the hex display and the controlled valves are listed.

No, only some tests make the valves operate. I know for sure they were all working when I tested with pins 2 & 3 shorted. I've swapped the PC chips around and get different results. I don't have spares so I'm desoldering some off my old board to test with.

SSR board?

Did I understand that correctly, you swapped the PC chips 3 and 4 again today? What has changed there?

Yes. Test 4 was spinning the steering wheel, this seemed to change when swapping the PC chips. I've swapped all 4 from my old board. I still get no seat movement. I guess I'll need to check the outputs on the drive board to make sure the solenoids are getting voltage?

This was the broken track I found btw, RA41 > CNC. I think it must be correct as the HEX values are all correct now.
20221226_133645.jpg

The legs on the filters aren't shorting, it was the angle of the picture.

hmm, I don't understand why you changed the PC chips, PC 3 and 4 were fine.
I try to help you, with various tests and measurements I assess which areas are okay and in which direction we could look further.
Unfortunately, I constantly lose track of things this way.

From experience I have also made these mistakes and always quickly exchanged and soldered components.
As a result, I ended up with even more errors and then it became even more difficult to find the error...

Ok, let's start again
With the replacement of the chips, I now do not know whether the signals 1-8 are still ok in all 10 Airdrive tests at the outputs of PC3 and PC4 and whether the HEX display corresponds to my table.
> The last table (PC3&4 output) and info of the HEX display would now have to be measured and listed again.
> Was the connection to Filter 29 broken on the gameboard?
> The SSR board should be installed somewhere in the cabinet, take a picture it looks like this:

SSR.JPG

The HEX display and outputs are all as per your table. The track on the game board was broken, fixed as per my pic. Compared to my other board that seems correct. The SSR board is next to the driver board, what should I measure on that board? It's in sn awkward place so testing won't be easy :(

Ok. SSR = Solid State Relay! I probed the white connector block on the SSR board. The only signals that toggle are the steering wheel ones (which I can hear working). So, I need to work out what switches the signals on the driver board as that seems to now be the problem....

Back