What's new
Logos looked different and it says system 246 on it so was not sure it was 100% compatible with 256
Sorry for noob question again
It will work, that is what I’m using in my video. Totally works and is compatible with both the 246 and 256.

Andddd just found this thread as well. So the dongle requires you have the game DVD you want to play to be inserted in the drive? And if so, does it have to be authentic or can it be a rip?

Yes. You need the DVD in the drive or use the IDE emulator. DVD-R discs work fine.

Thank you sir. And as a follow up, can you find game files somewhere, burn them to a disc and have them work? Does either method allow for easier switching of games? I'm guessing IDE but I figured I'd ask.

Thank you sir. And as a follow up, can you find game files somewhere, burn them to a disc and have them work? Does either method allow for easier switching of games? I'm guessing IDE but I figured I'd ask.
You could try to find the original pressed disc or burn them, the folder for the images are here on this site, but they are in CHD format, you’ll need to convert them to iso format for dvd or .cue/.bin format for cd and of course, burn them to the appropriate media format. There is a ide emulator and you can just put the files on SD card and be done with the whole burning process.

i just got this very cheap. can it be used with the multi?

Attachments

• namco.jpg
    namco.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 211
I'm sure guys with way more skill than I have asked, or attempted to answer this question already but...
Is it possible/known if PlayStation 2 games/images could be adapted/patched to work on the 2x6 hardware?

We have so many home systems with arcade hardware big brothers, this new Alec64 find/work demonstrates that perfectly (ie can play retail N64 ROMs with patching).

I'm sure guys with way more skill than I have asked, or attempted to answer this question already but...
Is it possible/known if PlayStation 2 games/images could be adapted/patched to work on the 2x6 hardware?

We have so many home systems with arcade hardware big brothers, this new Alec64 find/work demonstrates that perfectly (ie can play retail N64 ROMs with patching).
Now that's a concept I could really get behind.

I'm interested in getting one in an upcoming batch. Hit me up when they're ready.

The more I look at that ODE the less I like it, first I bitched about the price (200$)...
Now I'm noticing the PCB lacks any type of mounting/screw holes? How are we to attach this to the inside of the 2x6 with double sided tape?
For 200$! Fuck that scrubby shit. Premium price requires premium features (and mount/screw holes are basic bitch pathetic).

I bought both a 246 and 256
I plan to use the 246 for tekken 4 and bloody roar 3
Yes I want tekken 4 and bloody roar 3. Then there's the exclusive stuff on the 256, think a tekken? I'll have to end up buying both eventually I guess. $$$$

Back