What's new
I do not have any disc so I'm probably going toward a software solution. I'm trying to understand the material needed. let say I go with the IDE emulator then the memory card files will be. on the pi? right ? so what is the use of the SYS2X6???
The SYS2X6 multi selector is the multi selector pcb designed by @BladeZX that makes selecting games easier using the ODE, multi dongle and Raspberry pi 3. There’s a thread around here explaining how it works. At the moment only CD and DVD games work with the ODE, not hard drive games. The creator of the ODE @electric_monk is figuring out a way to add hard drive game support which is awesome!
The CHD files are available here in a MEGA folder and you can convert them to the appropriate media (CD,DVD,HDD) using command prompt if you want to play now using the dvd drive.

Last edited:
Every System 246/256 arcade system games requires two components:

1.) Dongle (SYS2X6 USB Dongle)
2.) Media (CD-R/DVD-R/HDD)

Here is a list of games and the media and possible i/o board that is needed: https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Namco_System_246/256

Optionally, you can buy two more components made by other people:

1.) ODE (optical drive emulator) -- this makes it so you do not have to swap cd/dvd when changing games.
2.) SYS2X6-Pi Multi Selector -- this is a game selector connected to a raspberry pi, which in turn re-programs the usb dongle and tells the ODE to switch between cd/dvd images

I do not have any disc so I'm probably going toward a software solution. I'm trying to understand the material needed. let say I go with the IDE emulator then the memory card files will be. on the pi? right ? so what is the use of the SYS2X6???
the memory card files are on the Pi image yes , however they have to be written to the memory card dongle , which is why you need a programable memory card dongle , which is a SYS2X6

Hi
original namco donngle are different for each game or it's the same for all ?
Because i've a mother board with one hdd game but without the dongle ?
Can i use one from another game ?
Also i'm interested by your product sys2x6 usb dongle.
One for me please.
Thank you

Hi
original namco donngle are different for each game or it's the same for all ?
Because i've a mother board with one hdd game but without the dongle ?
Can i use one from another game ?
Also i'm interested by your product sys2x6 usb dongle.
One for me please.
Thank you
Each disc or HDD game has its own dongle (per game title not per actual unit of each game). This one however can be programmed for any of them.

hi
thank you Mrhide

Can i use the multi dongle for this original game on a system256 without modification ? (reset)

Hey @marcos - yep, that is what it's designed for. You just program the right security dongle in with a windows computer, and then you are good to go - you just plug it into your system and you are good.

hi mathew :)

Thank you for your fast answer.
It's really a great product

I'll try soon to play on a multi

I tried my system the other day with a DVD. it gets stuck at the loading screen. I think the DVD drive may be bad. Can yall help me find a proper replacement? I did some research but got confused.

I tried my system the other day with a DVD. it gets stuck at the loading screen. I think the DVD drive may be bad. Can yall help me find a proper replacement? I did some research but got confused.

Are you in the US? I have a number of DVD drives and am willing to part with one. PM me if interested.

Matt

Back