What's new
No chance. Sorry. Menus are harder to do than you think. The Neo multi would be done if not for the menu.

Think its of for this platform and lcd is already way better than jumpers. :)

No chance. Sorry. Menus are harder to do than you think. The Neo multi would be done if not for the menu.
I know, just felt like making the joke for the inevitable complaints from people about the separate screen rather than on screen menu.

Personally I find the external LCD perfectly fine for the CPS2 and I have no doubt it'll be perfectly fine here too.

The Neo given the different motherboard revisions (for any potential auto reset wire attachment) and the lack of space inside a typical Neo cart (especially as from what I remember the boards were pretty well fully populated already) for attaching the ribbon cable, plus the large number of games on the platform, an on screen menu is really the only option there

I know, just felt like making the joke for the inevitable complaints from people about the separate screen rather than on screen menu.

Personally I find the external LCD perfectly fine for the CPS2 and I have no doubt it'll be perfectly fine here too.

The Neo given the different motherboard revisions (for any potential auto reset wire attachment) and the lack of space inside a typical Neo cart (especially as from what I remember the boards were pretty well fully populated already) for attaching the ribbon cable, plus the large number of games on the platform, an on screen menu is really the only option there
An on-screen menu would've been a bad idea anyway given the Taito F3's finicky nature when it comes to recognizing cart changes and its need for specific voltages. If things aren't exactly how the Taito F3 wants them, you're going to be starring at a blank screen with a board that seems to be on. An LCD seems like the perfect solution here.

Just to look ahead - will it be PCB only or is there a shell planned? I guess the F3 volume will be lower than MVS/AES (based on demand) and probably is not worth the effort to do the plastics.

I'm good either way though :D

the case in the f3 is only worth it if you switch carts often. For a permanently mounted multi, you don't really need it.

the case in the f3 is only worth it if you switch carts often. For a permanently mounted multi, you don't really need it.
Agree, but for the visual aspect it would be nice. Though I have a spare shell ready, so bare PCB is fine for me.

Agree, but for the visual aspect it would be nice. Though I have a spare shell ready, so bare PCB is fine for me.
so what you are trying to say is:

my-body-is-ready-my-shell-is-ready.jpg

Ah yes, stuff is happening finally :) I know it's been all about the NG/D for the last while, and that has been most entertaining to follow, but *this* is the one that has me fired up.. Have my board on the shelf waiting :)

Good lord, you're too good to be true. I'm almost more excited for this than I am the Neo, F3 games are trickier to find..

Back