What's new
Tried a friend's stock Zotac GTX 1650 video card tonight on my Figureheads machine and it worked right away.

FYI to anyone that reads this thread. We are pretty sure that the bios version b23 supports UEFI video cards. 300wins has a Figureheads A system that has that bios version and his system supports UEFI video cards by default. I checked all my systems and none of them has bios version 23, they are all earlier, so hopefully ALL Figureheads A systems have this bios version.

I managed to snag one of these from Yahoo Japan a few days after this was discovered... soooo.... hopefully that system has the same bios version, we can get it dumped and come up with a method to re-write the current bios in software on the older systems and this will enable the use of any video card/bios, including newer stuff like 1080/2080 etc series cards. I'm not sure the biso can be properly dumped via a software method, it's a bit out of my league, and the bios i did dump via software was incomplete but we know that it can be done via hardware.

If you happen to have a Figureheads A / Model 407 TTX3 system, and you would be so kind as to boot it up and check the bios version, that would be great... and even better if you have one and have some random newer video cards laying around, and want to test them out in that system, also great. Mine should be here within a week

The aim is to get the newer bios dumped, get the older systems running with newer cards and make it a lot easier to get the video cards upgraded in these things. Hoping that the hardware revisions between the older and newer TTX3 motherboards are identical and it's just the bios software that's different. If it is, we should have no trouble updating the older bioses to the newer version.

E9A46I3E v1.0b13 040512 - NON UEFI VIDEO CARD NEEDED
E9A46I3E v1.0b16 071113 - NON UEFI VIDEO CARD NEEDED
E9A46I3E v1.0b23 092614 - TENTATIVELY WORKS WITH UEFI VIDEO CARDS - ONLY FOUND IN FIGUREHEADS A SO FAR
I think I have a couple of FigureHeads X3s will try to dig them up when I can.

Looking good that if the Figurehead bios can be dumped correctly and if everyone can upgrade their older bios, then any video card can be used.
Here's hoping the dumping goes smoothly.

So I ended up buying a Taito X3, as it was bundled with a Vewlix cabinet I bought and he did not want to sell it without it.

The issue is that it is the weaker i3 model. Is there a multi image for the i3 model that has the games working for it anywhere out there?

Or are all images made specifically for the original configuration? (i5 and gtx660)

It feels like trying to upgrade the i3 model will cost more than just getting the regular model... So not an option.

Just run it, it will run a lot of stuff on there, just some games will either not boot or they will run slow, but a LOT of the games will. Basically TTX2 and anything earlier should run. The GTX640 is still leagues ahead of the video card that was in the TTX2.

Upgrading the CPU to a I5 will only really allow you to run Tekken from a cpu perspective (it requires quad core), but it still won't be playable with a 6540 video card.... but it won't make much difference at all with any other games i3 vs i5. GPU will make a big difference. You can't run the 3* series I5 you asked about in the other thread. Different motherboard required. You only need more than 4GB ram for some of the ES3 games, but without a 680 video card you can't play them anyways.
Thank you for the informative reply.

Is there any recommendations on what multi image to use, if one does not care about added name games etc. Sorry if it’s a type of question not allowed here

So i'm going to dump the bios from one of my TTX3 units. I don't really have much clue what i'm doing here, so i'll wing it a bit and hope i dont break stuff.

Step 1. Desolder the chip using my rework station that i purchased around 2 years ago and have NEVER used. = Success. Easier than it thought it would be, heat it to 300c and the bios chip just fell off. I'm doing a test run on a non working TTX3 board first to make sure i can do this properly before I destroy the only Figureheads TTX3 unit i have.
mb.jpg

Step 2. Stick the chip into the programming adaptor. = Success it seems to fit.
chip.jpg

Step 3. Load up TOP3100 programming software and see if the chip number is supported. = Success, it supports this chip!
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg

Step 4. Load chip with adaptor correct way.
top.jpg

Step 5. Read. = SUCCESS
Untitled-4.jpg

Step 6. Open in AMIBCP 4.55 to see what I really got.
HAPPY DAYS.
Untitled-5.jpg

Phase 1 success. Remove bios chip from the motherboard to see if I can get a full bios dump with the hardware I have.
Next up i need to put one of my TTX3 units up for sacrifice to see if I can solder the b13 bios onto a board that has the B16 bios on it from the factory. If nothing else, I know i can desolder and dump the bios now.

This is awesome stuff @Murray! Hopefully it can be upgraded which could hopefully mean opening up the ttx3 to all UFEI based gfx cards!

Oh no :(

I wouldn't even know where to start, not sure if you could jump a wire from the broken area and try and solder it to the point of the chip reader

That's a real shame! How did it happen? Pull on the chip before the solder melted?

Sounds like maybe a hot air station would be good here, but maybe that is what you are using already?

OMG
Solder a tulip support on the motherboard so you can swip the chips to test them.

Back