What's new
Got it to work, I had to pull everything out and reseat!

Now I gotta figure out how to get the controls to work. I have a Gbalance, do we know if that works with this multi image? I enabled JVS controls but it still doesn't work. Do I have to set them?

So the disk I initially got was just not imaged correctly. Getting a new disk and things boot up. Now I will just need to find where to turn on JVS support :)

I'm not a TTX3 owner just yet but I'm pretty hyped seeing all these images but I do have one question.. how does one stick an SSD in there? It looks like it's just IDE?

Got it to work, I had to pull everything out and reseat!

Now I gotta figure out how to get the controls to work. I have a Gbalance, do we know if that works with this multi image? I enabled JVS controls but it still doesn't work. Do I have to set them?
Did you get your controls to work? I was using a Arduino Pro Micro programmed as a PS4 controller. I was able to navigate the menu, and assign buttons, but it would not work once I booted a game. Are you able to move anything at all?

Hey awesome Type x3 community!
I need help. I bought a taito type x3 from Japan, supposedly working condition. I can't get any image from it, however. It is a nesica live2, i5, 4gbs of ram, and 660 twin frozer ii. The symptoms are when it gets power, all the fans ramp up and then they turn off, with the exception of the case fan which goes to 50% speed. The I/O board lights red. I have it HDMI out to my TV, although even an DVI to HDMI doesn't work. I tried to reseat everything, cleaned the cpu heatsink, booting it with just some of the ram, changed the PSU, and changed the CMOS battery. This is the second taito type x3 I bought, and the first one has the same symptoms. (That one is the same specs, but it's Lord of Vermilion) I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Thanks in advance, I appreciate it!

Ram is usually the first culprit. Try changing out the ram (and not just reseating it). Maybe just put in 1 stick of ram to see if it works or not.

RAM was the issue with my unit with a similar issue.
Red light is power, green is HDD activity. No green light means you aren't getting that far...

If you disassemble your machine, make sure you reconnect these RS1 and FP1 cables correctly on both the motherboard and Fast I/O side. If you don’t, the system won’t power on and you’ll waste time chasing non-existent PSU issues.

Ask me how I know…

8B10CDDD-C720-4ECC-8041-0E2F3AC3B6E0.jpeg

You all are amazing! I ordered new ram. I'll see if that's the problem. I'll report back. Thank you so much again everyone!

Update on my situation; got both Taito Type x3s working! TLDR: One had a bad GPU (660) and one had a bad stick of ram.

Complete update:
Replaced the ram in the Nesica Livex2 with Corsair XM3 2x4gb @2000mhz. Worked flawlessly, so I flashed the non-uefi bios to an old nvidia Gtx 780, put it in with a new evga 750w power supply and an i7-2600. Works great and runs SFV flawlessly @1080p 60!

The Lord of Vermillion machine had the bad GPU. Put the 660 from the Nesica in it, and it booted! Replaced the GPU with an MSI Twin Frozr III 680 and it worked right out of the box (didn't have to flash the GPU bios). Now it's working perfect.

Thank you all for the help; I'm excited to have 2 taito type x3s working! Now I have to figure out how to get co-op with them with both on the multi!

Can anyone help me identify this video card? Came in my Theaterhythm and I believe it has died. :(

Attachments

• 8996D7A7-4F20-411C-B721-8C5D34B4CC4F.jpeg
    8996D7A7-4F20-411C-B721-8C5D34B4CC4F.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 87
It will have to be a non UEFI video card, so most of those cards won't work.

Put up a want to buy ad for the 640 video card from the lower spec TTX3 unit. I can almost guarantee you there are a bunch of them floating around on this forum. I've got 2, but the postage from where i am will be 4x the cost of a new card.

WANTED: Nvidia TTX3 640 Video Card From I3 TTX3 Model

There you go, i wrote the title of the post for you. Just say it has to be the original card from the lower spec I3 TTX3 model as you want it for an original game.
Thank you!

One of them is a NXL2 unit, which i won't touch from factory state... i'm hopeful that some day that network allows non paying customers to connect (but doubt it)..... Teknoparrot will have theirs up and running soon hopefully, so they're gonna steal your moneys away to Patreon anyways.
um.. well.. there's a few NxL2 private networks out there..

So I pulled the factory 640 video card and the memory, cleaned the contacts with isopropyl and the slots. Still won’t boot off the card but will boot off the main board video. Video struggles but that’s normal. I pulled the card and out it in one of my desktop PC’s. When it boots, the fan spins for 2 seconds and then nothing but I do get into windows and video is fine. When the fans go on these cards, does the Taito board shut down the card slot like manufacturers like Dell do when a case fan goes out? Seems like the fans were terrible in these.

I have this available but not sure it would be supported. It appears to support UEFI.

Attachments

• A4BE4AC2-F356-4D3E-A5FA-06A86B537752.jpeg
    A4BE4AC2-F356-4D3E-A5FA-06A86B537752.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Back