What's new

Niko

Champion
Reaction score
So I bought a Type X2 ( no games ) a few weeks ago along with a multi ssd, and BlazBlue. When it arrived it came with a copy of Battle Fantasia and the security dongle which was unexpected. The first thing I did was upgrade the ram to 1.5GB and put the BlazBlue game in to verify everything worked. As expected everything worked great. I then tried Battle Fantasia and whenever it would try to load the system would just reboot. Almost like I didnt have a I/O board connected. It wouldnt give an error or anything. I figured something was probably messed up with the security dongle or the drive and thats why they included it free with the system.

I then tried the multigame ssd and all the games load and work fine except for Battle Fantasia. When I try to load Battle Fantasia it tries to load but then just goes back to the menu. Again with no error message or anything, it just doesnt start.

Anyways, I'm curious if anyone else has issues with Battle Fantasia or knows what the issue might be?

The System is a 208A, with the 7900GS, P4, and 1.5GB of ram. I've tried using both the capcom I/O and Sega Rev. B I/O.

Battle Fantasia runs absolutely great on my rig, strange that its not booting on yours, we even have the same rev mobo.

i was doing some research and wondering if maybe it has to be in 640x480 to run. Can you confirm what your dips are set too?

Mine are set to 640 x 480, running the setup in a NNC. That might be what it is, try running it in 640 x 480 and see if it boots.

Just to confirm I did end up switching the X2 to 480 and Battle Fantasia did work. Too bad the game sucks; needless to say its back on 720p now. :P

Back