What's new
Oh, you know what, I'm starting to have flashbacks to a time when I had a (dead) mobo that came with a Chase HQ2 drive.

First, it uses an ATI card as I recall, which usually means the drive's custom XP install only has ATI drivers. You can't use the Nvidia cards. You have to use that exact GPU, or it won't work at all. You cannot hack the install unless you run a decrypted version of the game (which might make all of this easier).

Accordingly, I'm reasonably certain that if the game actually does run at 800x600, it won't support 720P out of the box. Fixable with a hacked install/drivers, but, again, requires decrypted game.

The game was released officially in the UK in an upright cabinet with a widescreen LCD. I'm almost sure the aspect ratio was correct and not stretched.

The graphics card in the Chase HQ 2 Type X+ is a Radeon 9800 Pro. No custom firmware needed, works with stock. I know because I had to change mine.

thanks for the information all!

I managed to find a workaround that seems to have done the trick.

I bought a 4 in 1 out HDMI processor that allows me to move the input that the games computer is on to the far left of the screen and fit about 60% of the screen? See attached pic, I put the processor into mode 2. This then allowed me to put the TV into 4:3 mode and then use the tv's built-in tools to dial in the image!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 7.35.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 7.35.40 AM.png
    138 KB · Views: 105
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 7.37.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 7.37.31 AM.png
    183.9 KB · Views: 96
I am currently setting up my TX2 to use in a Vertical Vewlix.

CPU P4 3.4 GHZ
MEM 512MB
GRA X1600PRO

For RAM I would just use the 2x2 GB DDR3 I removed from my TX3

Can I also replace the CPU with a Core i3-2120 I removed from my TX3? (It's only 3.3 GHZ)
As for GPU: On TX3 you could flash the BIOS on the mainboard to use any GPU.
Can this also be done for the TX2? And would it make sense to use the MSI N640 from the TX3?

@Eddie Amsel I don't think you can do any of that.

The TTX2 has a 775 socket, meaning no Core whatever support, you're limited to P4/C2D/C2Q and DDR2, not DDR3. I also don't think you can use that GPU, see startpost for a list of compatible ones. Get a 79xx with flashed bios.

@Eddie Amsel I don't think you can do any of that.

The TTX2 has a 775 socket, meaning no Core whatever support, you're limited to P4/C2D/C2Q and DDR2, not DDR3. I also don't think you can use that GPU, see startpost for a list of compatible ones. Get a 79xx with flashed bios.
I see. Thanks

I am currently setting up my TX2 to use in a Vertical Vewlix.

CPU P4 3.4 GHZ
MEM 512MB
GRA X1600PRO

For RAM I would just use the 2x2 GB DDR3 I removed from my TX3

Can I also replace the CPU with a Core i3-2120 I removed from my TX3? (It's only 3.3 GHZ)
As for GPU: On TX3 you could flash the BIOS on the mainboard to use any GPU.
Can this also be done for the TX2? And would it make sense to use the MSI N640 from the TX3?
Of course, as explained above, almost all the games are optimized for the Elsa Gladiac 7900GS so you can install any 7900GS card as long as it is flashed with the Elsa Gladiac bios. The processor socket is LGA775 so the fastest processor you can install is an Intel Q6600 and the ram has to be DDR2 800 up to 4GB maximum

@Tyson1911 I don't think the Q6600 is the best option, as it's about single core performance. I believe the fastest possible CPU that is also cheap to be had is still the P4 3,4Ghz CPU, but then again I haven't been keeping up with the TTX2 developments that much anymore.

Thanks to @Tyson1911 and @Sp33dFr34k
I have no real need to upgrade the TX2 as I have a fully upgraded TX3.
I am just currently trying to set up the TX2 with Mame for a Vertical CAVE Setup and thought Hardware Upgrade would help some Games but only with the parts laying around. Not keen on dumping more
money on this old machine though.

I'd look at building a separate machine for Mame if you have those parts laying around anyways and leave the TTX2 for what it is, leaves you room for building a more powerful machine without having to worry about TTX2 compatibility :)

@Tyson1911 I don't think the Q6600 is the best option, as it's about single core performance. I believe the fastest possible CPU that is also cheap to be had is still the P4 3,4Ghz CPU, but then again I haven't been keeping up with the TTX2 developments that much anymore.
^^

This! Single core speed is where it counts on X2 (for X2 games obviously), if your main use will be running emulation/Mame on it you might think differently

^^

This! Single core speed is where it counts on X2 (for X2 games obviously), if your main use will be running emulation/Mame on it you might think differently
not really the right thread but since we’re at it, I read the MAME on TX2 thread and got it partially working.(MAME 180 I think it was) Games launching directly from NiKo‘s Multi Menu.

I could not get latest MAME Version to work with either 1.4 or 2.0 Version of Niko‘s Multi. Neither could I get Arccabview implemented.
Aay hints what I am doing wrong or what I should read?
Or even better a full working solution 😜

Last edited:
Of course, an important point is to know what game you are going to use on your X2. if you are going to play the games that are from the platform and not emulation, I recommend you use the processor up to a Core 2 Duo that are very cheap now as they say before if you are going to use an emulator better use the Q6600 I feel that emulator-based games are very slower with 1-core processors compared to a native base than those with 4 cores or two compared to an emulation with 4 cores it works perfectly even with 2 cores they also work super well and tested with a Core 2 Duo E6400 and it works quite well

I think you should really see my post 1 above,

The X2 is a Generic platform, and therefore no spec sheet isnt going to tell you ANYTHING about what the games themself display
It has DVI aka hdmi on it, by that logic I could say it "supports" 2560 x 1600 because thats the maximum resolution a 7900 Nvida GPu can diplay

Fact remains, Yes some very specific games, do use different resolutions but its up to the game, not the system. See the Term its a "generic system with a lot of titles"

So your normal Fighting game inside nikos multi supports and output resolution as i stated of 640x480 and 1280x720 this output will DISPLAY on any screen that supports it, aka if you plugged it into a 4k screen, it would scale the image x4 but the image would display

Or a game like, cyber Diver, used an upgraded GPU to display the game at 1360x768
Or a game like daruis brust that used 2560x720

absolutely nothing you do is going to make a game such as SF4 Render naively at 1080p because the gpu inside the x2 lacks the powerr to do that.
I've tried Borderless Gaming, DGVoodoo and Game Loader All RH on Cyber Diver but still don't know how to play it at 1080p or 1440*1080. I haven't seen any HD patch. Can anyone share any tricks?

I've tried Borderless Gaming, DGVoodoo and Game Loader All RH on Cyber Diver but still don't know how to play it at 1080p or 1440*1080. I haven't seen any HD patch. Can anyone share any tricks?
the TTX2 only works at 480p (31khz) or 720p (HD), I installed another 1080p monitor on my Vewlix and even then it won't let me work at 1080p only at 720p and at 4k it only scales it, the system is like that and I haven't seen a patch that allows you to do it works at 1080p, but I think that the best and most optimized is how it was manufactured, perhaps at a higher resolution the game will slow down where it is not optimized at that resolution

the TTX2 only works at 480p (31khz) or 720p (HD), I installed another 1080p monitor on my Vewlix and even then it won't let me work at 1080p only at 720p and at 4k it only scales it, the system is like that and I haven't seen a patch that allows you to do it works at 1080p, but I think that the best and most optimized is how it was manufactured, perhaps at a higher resolution the game will slow down where it is not optimized at that resolution
Thanks for the reply. I thought so too. It took me a while to figure out that I had to change my monitor resolution to 1366X768 for most games to play at fullscreen except the ones that are patched at 1080p.

Hi, I sold a TTX2 and it worked perfectly fine, after a few sessions the machine stopped booting and is making some alarm beeps,
4x2x3x3. Does anyone here know what this error means?

cheers

Thanks, we have no clue what it is.. The machine was perfect, never had such issues.. he reseated the CPU and GPU and memory

Back