What's new

Kujako

Grand Master
Reaction score
So looking at JAMMA options for the Vewlix I have on it's way, thinking that my best bet is to use one of my superguns that output YpBpR. But I'm stumped as to an adapter to run the Vewlix control panel to a DB15 controller port.

I have never done this, so there may be a more elegant solution someone can suggest. But if I was going to tackle it right now what I would do is get a JST connector to plug into the control panel harness and wire it to a standard DB15 adapter board. Like you see here:

https://www.retrorgb.com/direct-controller-input-mod.html

This is essentially what I did with my Vewlixes, except instead of wiring to a DB15 I wired them to Brook boards to interface with my PC instead of a supergun. But same idea, standard JST connector for the stock wiring harness, so swapping one plug goes from stock Fast IO to Brook. Nothing hacked, easy to return to stock or swap around as needed.

Yeah, kind of what I was thinking but hopped someone out there had a more elegant solution.

Here's what I ended up doing.

DB15
1625282519413.png

to JST YLP-15V
1 - Start2 - Up3 - Down4 - Left5 - Right
6 - Button 17 - Button 28 - Button 39 - Button 410 - Button 5
11 - Button 612 - Ground13 - N/C14 - N/C15 - N/C

First janky prototype.
IMG_0913.jpg

My "final" build.
IMG_0909.jpg

Installed.
IMG_0910.jpg

Connected to a supergun.
IMG_0911.jpg

Running Street Fighter II.
IMG_0912.jpg

Still have to wire in the coin button, but otherwise working well and easy to switch back to JVS if I need to.

Back