What's new

kasaski

Student
Reaction score
Hey all,
Having an annoying issue with the chassis in my newly acquired domy theater. works great on a cold boot, image looks good (albeit with some video noise I'm still trying to work out..) but after its warmed up, the chassis will lose sync and the 24khz auto switching relay will begin clicking, as if I've sent the wrong signal to it. If I shut it off than on again it'll continue to click. After waiting a few minutes to cool off it will start up again fine but repeat the issue.

Its pretty easily triggered by neo geo attract screens, Once the attract loop starts over itll trigger immediately. However I've managed to keep the chassis working fine for like 30ish minutes on a still screen like a test grid.

I know its a fairly niche chassis and no one knows much about it but pretty much any advice on how to diagnose this will be greatly appreciated. Otherwise i may just attempt a shotgun approach with caps.

Last edited:
These can be hard to fix.

Easy repair would be reflowing solder joints and replacing caps.

Hard repair will be to find a component that breaks under stress (a transistor or diode).

Ideally you would have and know how to use a scope.

See here for a similar repair on a different chassis:

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/nanao-ms7-18-sync-issue.5257/#post-419580

Personally, I would ask Jomac if they can take a look at it.

thanks for the thread ill have a read through it.

I hit up jomac last night, and unfortuantely not something he can work on, since he has no tube to test it with.

Last edited:
Back