What's new
Oh, and fyi for anyone needing a good file joiner, to double up data or otherwise combine onto M27C322's, this one worked perfectly to create my double data files for 11m, 12m, 14m, 16m, 18m and 20m.

Igoware File Joiner

Good work!

You can copy files at the command prompt without using an extra program but if that makes it easier that's good too

Well, i didnt get the point about the GAL. What do i have to burn on it? when make the jumper and where? and when do i have to change it?

Hello, may I ask "how difficult" would be to convert a phoenixed Hyper Street Fighter II Anniversary to SSF2X (or Turbo)?
Would eventually be sufficient an EEPROM swap?

Thank you.

Hello, may I ask "how difficult" would be to convert a phoenixed Hyper Street Fighter II Anniversary to SSF2X (or Turbo)?
Would eventually be sufficient an EEPROM swap?

Thank you.
The difficulty is the same as any conversion. The prerequisite is to have a programmer, an eraser, and enough proper EPROM's. However:

Absolutely insane to convert any HSF2 to anything though. The proper course of action is:
  1. Restore HSF2 to original code operation, using
    • Infinikey
    • or Suicide Free chip
  2. Obtain another CPS2 board and use for conversion

It's not an original HSF2A but it has been yet converted from another CPS2 game (pardon).

Since I have yet HSF2A on PS2, I'd like to convert it to SSF2X and I wonder if there is a way to do this simply swapping the game EEPROMs, without soldering.

Hy everyone,

these are all the rom types:
  • 27C010/1001 - 1mbit for Q Sound program
  • 27C4096 - 4mbit for main program
  • 27C400 - 4mb mask ROM pinout EPROMs for graphics
  • 27C800 - 8mb mask ROM pinout EPROMs for graphics
  • 27C160 - 16mb EPROMs for sound samples and graphics
  • 27C322 - 32mb for sound samples and graphics

do you think these programmers would work for all of them:
  • XGecu T56 ?
  • XGecu TL866II ? maybe not as the 27C322, 27C160 are DIP42 and this programmer is DIP40 only

• XGecu T56 ?
  • XGecu TL866II ? maybe not as the 27C322, 27C160 are DIP42 and this programmer is DIP40 only
yes ... TL 866 II need an adapter for 42 pin eeproms like 322, 160 and 800 ones... the rest of chips can be easly writed with.
With T56 you can do all eeproms existent from what i know and not only

• XGecu T56 ?
yes ... TL 866 II need an adapter for 42 pin eeproms like 322, 160 and 800 ones... the rest of chips can be easly writed with.With T56 you can do all eeproms existent from what i know and not only
I picked up a cheap adapter from somewhere in Europe. Under $20. Works like a charm with those chips

Ok great
Can you share which ?
if you like to solder components ... you can do it by yourself , only thing it's to print that adapter board charted on github page i've attached you there, on jlcpcb or pcbway ...
or if you don't want that ... just write on ebay "tl 866 27c322" ... or this from France

By the way , what programmer did you have on hands for moment ?

Has anyone converted the SIMM data of the CPS2 Puzz Loop 2 daughter board into regular bin data format to burn onto EPROMs for direct use on the main board?

I know this was done with other CPS2 games, like Pro Gear, but am unable to find out if it’s been done for Puzz Loop 2.

I suspect that my Puzz Loop 2 daughter board has failed, and would like to use EPROMs directly on the main board to confirm this.

Hey Guys, need your help here.

I've done several CPS2 Conversions pretty smoothly but this one has me stumped. I'm getting this bad audio:

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/121hJibiSsPSzQeF05-RcPxfUwFy4B9I2/view?usp=sharing

I first was converting a dead Children of the Atom Board. Rev 6 with an F pal, I ran the wire from pin 7 on the Pal to C13, changed jumpers. Burned all the roms and had that bad sound. Triple checked the jumpers, same issue. I suspected maybe a bad board, so I had a friend lend me his phoenixed Rev 7 Marvel vs Capcom. Since it's phoenixed, I transferred the roms from the MVC to the suspect COTA and it fired right up with perfect sound. Tried the Burned SSF2X roms on the empty MVC board and same sound issues. I was hoping it would work and that I could isolate the issue to the COTA board, but I know the MVC has the right jumpers and pal so it should work just fine. It is behaving the exact same way, with that strange garbled sounds.

In summary I have ruled out:

bad board, wrong jumpers, bad or wrong pal.

I have also burned 2 different sets of SSF2X roms and verified every rom at least twice manually and they all verify. I'm truly stumped here. Anybody else recognize this bad audio or can give me any clues what I'm forgetting here?

Last edited:
Hey Guys, need your help here.

I've done several CPS2 Conversions pretty smoothly but this one has me stumped. I'm getting this bad audio:

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/121hJibiSsPSzQeF05-RcPxfUwFy4B9I2/view?usp=sharing

I first was converting a dead Children of the Atom Board. Rev 6 with an F pal, I ran the wire from pin 7 on the Pal to C13, changed jumpers. Burned all the roms and had that bad sound. Triple checked the jumpers, same issue. I suspected maybe a bad board, so I had a friend lend me his phoenixed Rev 7 Marvel vs Capcom. Since it's phoenixed, I transferred the roms from the MVC to the suspect COTA and it fired right up with perfect sound. Tried the Burned SSF2X roms on the empty MVC board and same sound issues. I was hoping it would work and that I could isolate the issue to the COTA board, but I know the MVC has the right jumpers and pal so it should work just fine. It is behaving the exact same way, with that strange garbled sounds.

In summary I have ruled out:

bad board, wrong jumpers, bad or wrong pal.

I have also burned 2 different sets of SSF2X roms and verified every rom at least twice manually and they all verify. I'm truly stumped here. Anybody else recognize this bad audio or can give me any clues what I'm forgetting here?
did you lift the pin so it's not making contact in the socket? Are you running the wire from the actual chip or on the socket?

I believe you have to lift the pin from the socket, then solder a wire on the lifted pin and run it to C13

Also don’t forget the other common audio problem, to verify whether your position 1 and 2 audio roms are JEDEC or NON JEDEC.

Also don’t forget the other common audio problem, to verify whether your position 1 and 2 audio roms are JEDEC or NON JEDEC.
this is probably it. I only recycle roms already removed from the cps2, so I've never really looked at never vs non jedec. I'll look into this a bit! Thanks

@BlinG yea, pin is lifted. MVC roms worked fine

this is probably it. I only recycle roms already removed from the cps2, so I've never really looked at never vs non jedec. I'll look into this a bit! Thanks
@BlinG yea, pin is lifted. MVC roms worked fine
you got pics of the solder work?

@BlinG I don't have them at the moment, but I did rule that out when I transferred over the decrypted Marvel Vs Capcom roms onto the board with the F Pal + Wire. Those roms worked, so I know the F pal plus wire is working, as well as the board.

Using my burned SSF2X roms I placed them on the Native G Pal board and the same audio issues where present, so I'm definitely thinking it's a JEDEC or Non Jedec problem with the Q sound roms....I'm going to try a few different rom combinations and see If i can get that sorted out.

I'm stumped. Tried setting the jumpers to non jedec roms and tried using different roms. I made sure I used the same roms for both qsound rom 1 and 2. Same sound issues.

Board works fine on my darksoft kit, so I know it's good. Gonna leave this one alone for now.

Back