What's new
Ok i have download the pack on archives.org, it's exactly the same than i put on the SD... (Darksoft CPS2 2020-05-24.7z)
So not that too...
I will need to cross check on my other CPS2 multi....:dead:
If someone have an idea before... i take it !

I apologise because this hasn’t been updated for the new kit. Your key writing wires will be wrong if you have the Champion Edition multi kit because the pinout is different.

Can you take a photo of your multi kit to confirm and I can show you which pins go where?

I apologise because this hasn’t been updated for the new kit. Your key writing wires will be wrong if you have the Champion Edition multi kit because the pinout is different.
:D :D:D

I did exactly like the pdf, see attach file

Attachments

• CPS2CE.jpg
    CPS2CE.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Is that your board or is that the image from the PDF?

Can you send a picture of your installation?

@xodaraP Can you give me the right pinout for this version ?
For pictures you can't see, the color don't match, but i check as i told you all connection with multimeters

PIN#5 – CN2 A32
PIN#4 – CN2 A30
PIN#3 – CN2 A31
PIN#2 - CN2 A29

Attachments

• cps2multi.jpg
    cps2multi.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 103
The colour of the wires is completely different on the 2 ends, but as long as it beeps out you should be ok

You’re missing the resistor between A32 and C32 - I would suggest installing that to see if it helps. It’s a 4.7k

I will try with the resistor. But I don't understand, you told me the pinout is different with the new multi champion.
So what is the new pinout?

The pinout is in the manual. As long as you follow that and they beep out in the right locations they should be fine.

Try cleaning the pins on the interconnect board and reseating it making sure all boards are making very firm contact by gently pushing up or down where needed.

Also, there could be a stubborn key on the EXC5. I have had this happen before. Short each of the pins individually for a good amount of time.

Finally. What is your 5v/12v at and what setup are you using? If none of this advice fixes your issue, please take high quality photos of your multi setup showing the clear paths of any connections and wires.

Don’t worry, we’ll get you sorted out.

Hi Squallrs,

Happy to see u here :)

Sometimes EXC5 must be shorted a short time more than 2 minutes and sometimes the issue remain (I’ve this issue one time on the older kit without the key injection, strangly appears after one month..)

Also try to remove power all power from board, leave the board disconnected and short EXC5 for minimum 2min to be sure.

Seems like the keys don’t be injected for me and so the color screen appears, also triple check the CN2 on both side (for bad trace or wrong connection)

For champion edition the correct pinout for mobo v3 follow this according to the champ manual :
ADDITIONAL SOLDERING INSTRUCTIONS
JST(J18(PIN#5(–(CN2(A32(
JST(J18(PIN#4(–(CN2(A30(
JST(JI8(PIN#3(–(CN2(A31(
JST(J18(PIN#2(–(CN2(A29(

@Darksoft : how to be sure the CN2 or key injection is not the root cause ? According to diag steps, multiple issue can be the root cause (bad SD/SD content, remain keys, broken pins etc..).

Nico

Last edited:
Hello Nico :)
Ok really strange, i try on another game board, it's works.
So i put again on the old one, and it's works too...
So just a bad contact...

All it's ok ;)

Hello Nico :)
Ok really strange, i try on another game board, it's works.
So i put again on the old one, and it's works too...
So just a bad contact...

All it's ok ;)
Great, ça marche ! Au Top ;)

I’m having a weird issue… some games flash/boot fine like x-men vs sf, but most others automatically boot into the Test screen (if I exit it just boots right back into it). Any thoughts?

Are you running it in a cab or on a Supergun? Some have a switch instead of a button for the service mode and it might be on?

Could also be a stuck input on the board or Supergun/cab or I know there are sometimes weird issues when buttons 4/5 are connected on the JAMMA edge on CPS2

Are you running it in a cab or on a Supergun? Some have a switch instead of a button for the service mode and it might be on?

Could also be a stuck input on the board or Supergun/cab or I know there are sometimes weird issues when buttons 4/5 are connected on the JAMMA edge on CPS2
button four has to be connected on JAMMA edge on CPS2 for four player titles like the two DND games

Last edited:
button for has to be connected on JAMMA edge on CPS2 for four player titles like the two DND games

Button 4 yes but 5 no, 5 isn’t part of the JAMMA standard and having it connected on some games causes issues on some CPS2 games. Usually related to Darkstalkers and a couple of others

Still having the load/test screen issue. XMEN COTA / XMEN vs SF load fine, but all others go into the load/test screen and I can’t get out of it.

I tried different SD Cards. @Mitsurugi-w

I am using a supergun, but given those couple games work fine and then my other standalone CPS2 + CPS3 boards work I don’t think it’s the supergun. @xodaraP

Any other ideas appreciated. Thanks!

Back