What's new
Double check in input test under the test menu?

Button 4 yes but 5 no, 5 isn’t part of the JAMMA standard and having it connected on some games causes issues on some CPS2 games.

Technically, button 4 isn't part of the jamma standard either. Besides, is button 5 even connected to anything on the CPS2?

I believe the issue with the games is that if you have button 4 connected both on the jamma edge and the kick harness, that can lead to problems. That's why some people tape over pin 25 on the jamma edge.

Not my day… I was able to fix the test/load screen issue (seems there was some extra solder on the load button area causing the issue) but now the sound isn’t working (it was working before) :-/

In the test menu it’s showing max volume (39) despite no sound coming out and the up/down volume are not changing the volume level (stays at 39).

That’s a common issue, you need to reset the volume settings. Press and hold the volume down button while powering up the board until the splash screen appears

Hey everyone !

I've got a weird issue :

My cps2 darksoft works fine with Street Fighter 2, 2x but when i load an other game and reboot the board, i can see the new game but with some glitches (pics below).
When i reload SF2 it's ok again.
The voltage is tested at 12v,5v.

I was thinking about the EXC5 and shorted it many times without success.
The romset is decrypted (avalaunch and also tested the one from archives.org), tested it with 4 differents sd cards, but the loading process seems ok.

I've seen that we could shorted the capacitor pin by pin, how does it work please?
And do i have to short EXC 1,2 3 ,4 also ?

My kit was bought on savesyourgames in August 2019, i guess it's the version before the actual edition, it worked well before this (i've let it unplayed like 4 or 5 months also, perhaps it has not helped).

I've made a topic on that but perhaps it have not been seen by someone who had this case or an idea about this.

Attachments

• img_2010.jpg
    img_2010.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 95
  • img_2011.jpg
    img_2011.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 94
  • img_2012.jpg
    img_2012.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 94
  • img_2013.jpg
    img_2013.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Try reseating your multi kit on the B board and your A and B boards

Thanks for your answer xodaraP.

Reseating consists in reload the firmware by the sd port or disasembling the multi kit and reinstalling it on the B Board ?

Last edited:
That’s a common issue, you need to reset the volume settings. Press and hold the volume down button while powering up the board until the splash screen appears
Thanks - first thing I tried, but unsuccessful.

Disassembling the multi and reinstalling

I've entirely disassembled and reinstalled it with the same result : SF2 is ok but when i load others games i can play on the background but half the sprite are ok...

Could the PAL G be corrupted ? I've tried with a modified PAL F but it was not better..

Last edited:
Are you lifting a pin the PAL as indicated in the instructions?
First, thanks for your answer to all !

The pin on the PAL G is not lifted, only the former PAL F was, do i need also for the PAL G ?

If i need also for G do i just lift it or with a wire to the darksoft also ?

The thing i don't understand is that all was working well before in this configuration.

I don’t think rev 6 would need the PAL jumper.

It’s even more strange that Super SF2 and Turbo both work. Super SF2 uses the no letter PAL and Turbo uses a…. B? I think?

If Super Turbo runs correctly could you please try one or more of the other B PAL games and see what they do:

Dungeons and Dragons Tower of Doom
Alien vs Predator
Super Puzzle Fighter

Are you running the original multi kit or the Champion Edition?

I don’t think rev 6 would need the PAL jumper.

It’s even more strange that Super SF2 and Turbo both work. Super SF2 uses the no letter PAL and Turbo uses a…. B? I think?

If Super Turbo runs correctly could you please try one or more of the other B PAL games and see what they do:

Dungeons and Dragons Tower of Doom
Alien vs Predator
Super Puzzle Fighter

Are you running the original multi kit or the Champion Edition?

My edition is not a Champion, it's the last before the champion (bought on 08/2019) .

I've tried Alien Vs Predator and Super Puzzle Fighter but they didn't run better than the others.

SSF2X and Turbo are OK, HyperFighting is not.

The strange thing is that we can hear and play at the games between the jaibars...

May be i can reprogram the PAL G or something in this type ?

Thanks Darksoft

Does somebody have the "rom" for a PAL G, or a place to download it ?
I've got a dumper.

Or maybe someby can send me one, I'm in France, i've seen some PAL G for 6$ or something, but don't remember who offers that ?

Maybe @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES can help on that.

I know there is a company in China that sells the PAL/GAL programmed with whatever content you send them. Can't remember the name now :(

Back