What's new
That's how it seems, I also tried a patched ROM that wouldn't require the security wires with no change.

Should I try swapping PAL chips or look at the jumpers like the old version?

EDIT- I put the phoenix Roms back on and the board works fine that way

Last edited:
Any suggestions?
My board revision is 93646B-7
Jumpers are
1- closed
2- open
3- open
4- closed
5- closed
6- open
8- open
9- closed
10- open
11- closed
12- open
13- closed
14- closed
15- open
16- closed
17- open
18- closed
19- open
20- closed
21- open

All connections verified with my meter.
PAL is labeled BGSB3G

You dont need to touch the jumpers anymore. Just make sure that they are really open, some may have a small blob of solder or track making it a close, but if you verified with the meter, then I guess you're good.

Try swapping the PALs from one PCB to the other.
Also, try running only Phoenixed versions of games, to discard the key writing as the source of your problem.

Okay, I bought a new A&B board, this time an Asia (Grey) board.
Tested and working before, throw the cps2 kit in and it loads
Thing is, I get no sound and theres speckled horizontal lines in the graphics.
Pulled and reseated everything with no change.
Any ideas?

Are you using the new version of the multi or the old? Can you see any jumper wires going in the B board? Check above and below, please.

How does the kit and the B board look? Please throw some pictures here.

Cheers.

Okay, I bought a new A&B board, this time an Asia (Grey) board.
Tested and working before, throw the cps2 kit in and it loads
Thing is, I get no sound and theres speckled horizontal lines in the graphics.
Pulled and reseated everything with no change.
Any ideas?

Was it running a battery prior to you installing the multi kit? It may need to have keys cleared, short the EXC5 cap and see if that helps

Okay, I pulled and reseated everything and the issue persists.

I am using the new version multi, security key wires verified with my meter on the PCB side for both
As suggested above, I shorted the ceramic cap EXC5 near the battery just in case.
The lines-
IMG_20220505_173421.jpg

Board top-
IMG_20220505_173001.jpg

Board bottom-
IMG_20220505_172948.jpg

Small horizontal lines like that are usually caused by a bad connection between A and B or bent pins - check your interconnects

I've not heard of the horizontal lines being caused by bad connection, I thought that was vertical?

Regardless, I've reseated everything again and even cased up the cps2 and used clips, still no change

Okay, I'm seriously confused now.
I put the marvel vs SF roms back and the horizontal lines immediately went away.
But now sound is all wrong. Its playing incorrect sounds all over

EDIT -
Kinda concerned, this is exactly what happened with my other B board.
board worked fine, threw the multi in and had issues, took it out and suddenly I had the same sound issues.
Could my multi be bad?

Last edited:
My CPS2 board has no sound. When I go into the test menu the volume is set at max (39) and I can’t lower it. Any ideas what it might be?

Followup-
Swapped the control board (the one with the SD slot) from my good working multi and everything worked first try.
Could the multi be bad?

EDIT-
I moved the multi from the board with issues to my working setup, the lines now show on that board

Last edited:
It could be the multi. I'm not sure how available @Mitsurugi-w is. Pinging him. If not, you can always send to me the main PCB to check that it's actually the issue and fix it.

Getting ready to install my kit, which still has a battery. After I remove the battery, when I short EXC5 on the CPS2 board, does it have to be powered on?

Anyone know someone in the lower 48 states that could use some side money and can help me fix both of my CPS2 setups (boards + cases + Darksoft board)? I’m time strapped, lack the knowledge/skills to fix it and have a wife that’s not too happy about my pile of arcade items :)

Issues:
1. No sound, video works fine.
2. No sound, video works but lots of sprite issues

For both, the wires from the cases to up/down/test and to jamma connector and to Darksoft board all need to be cleaned up as I suck at soldering.

Thanks!

Getting ready to install my kit, which still has a battery. After I remove the battery, when I short EXC5 on the CPS2 board, does it have to be powered on?
No. Keep it off. Ground the legs of the EXC5 in groups of two to discharge them. Give it some time too as the written keys can be stubborn.

Back