What's new
If the games are not booting at all then it's a problem with the program roms which are roms 1, 2, or 3. I'm willing to bet a trace has severed tho.

That's a v1 multi. That design had a flaw where a trace somewhere between rom 1 and 3 would break. All address lines between rom 1, 2, and 3 should connect. ( the same pin on each rom should connect with continuity.)

The v1.5 design does not have this issue.
So I started to track and then I found one trace that was not connecting, so I bridged it, then tested and it was not working.
Then tested again and found another trace that was not connecting anymore (while it was connecting the test before, but I guess by taking the multi out and putting it back in it damaged more the traces).
Bis repetita, bis repetita, I'm now at the fourth trace but now no games are even booting (even the ones that were originally working).

May I ask to return that multi and either you make sure to fix it or to replace it with a working one?

I should have said most data lines should connect between all three proram roms. A16, A17, A18, A19 and A20 should connect between roms 1 and 3 but not 2.

Does anyone have any labels with SEGA & S16 Multi written on them that I can use to cover my S16 multi IC's? If you do, shoot me a PM pls

Does anyone have any labels with SEGA & S16 Multi written on them that I can use to cover my S16 multi IC's? If you do, shoot me a PM pls

Send me a DM, I can send you a PDF with these...

Attachments

• label.jpg
    label.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 12
Back