What's new
I haven't had a chance to look at my first one but I put together the third one and it works. I only need one so if anyone wants it just message me and you can have for cost + shipping. I am by no means a pro at soldering but the board looks well enough, lost one of the pin headers so I had to improvise on this last one.

Attachments

• jas.jpg
    jas.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 200
Hi

I am currently using this board inline with the jamma connector and then taking a scart cable into the OSSC - it seems to be working just fine but I am thinking the Jassifier might make it better and safer

https://www.smallcab.net/smallcab-jamma-scart-p-756.html

Is it possible to take the scart out of the above board into the jassifer and then out to the scart on the OSSC?
What cables would u recommend and remember I am in Canada?

That fancy adapter scart end only ships to the USA

Thanks

@jassin000 quick question. If I hook my trisync monitor straight up to the Jammafier, on some games the picture is blown out. If I use the TSH, it makes the games too dark imo.

Do you know if there is a way to dial in the video voltages on a per pcb basis? I'm almost looking for a Jassifier that does DB15 in & DB15 out.

If I hook my trisync monitor straight up to the Jammafier, on some games the picture is blown out.
My device is not intended for this kind of usage, please do not do this... It might be harmful for the CRT I honestly don't know.
The device was designed to use a Jammafier with an OSSC directly, without altering the sync in anyway (TSH will ALWAYS alter the sync making it a less desirable option for use with an OSSC in most cases, the exception being Taito F3).

The official TSH is what you should be using with a trisync monitor, if the image is too dark ask Zim for help with it (he designed it for this purpose).
As for a Jassifier with DB15 (I think you mean HD15/VGA)? Never! At least not from me (I give away the design so you can do whatever you like/want with it).
Again mine is for use with modern scalers, any modern device should be using 8-pin mini din for 15khz-RGBS (if they are not the problem is with that device).

Last edited by a moderator:
So I’ve been waiting for the OSSC pro that’s on the horizon... but retrotink 5x also does 1440p it seems. Looking forward to seeing which works best with my LG and jassifier.

but retrotink 5x also does 1440p it seems. Looking forward to seeing which works best with my LG and jassifier.
Is it a real/full 1440p? or is it that 1600x1200 mode like OSSC uses (ie 1200p)?
I'd guess the image will continue to look better with increased resolutions as nearest neighbor alignment becomes less of a factor.

Seems to be 1440p but we will see when it gets released or announced. It’s just rumors right now.

The Digi-Key BOM list isn't working for me. Any work arounds, or is there a parts list I overlooked elsewhere? I'd also be interested in purchasing a pre-assembled unit if you have one but don't mind putting things together myself. :)

Hey guys 2 questions:

1. What size screws will attach the Jassifier to the Jammafier?

2. Will a Sega Genesis v2 SCART cable work?

1. I'm not 100% sure, I took a VGA cord to Homedepot and found the correct size by matching it.

2. Nope, its a 8 pin mini din wired with the "retro standard" pinout.
6YJGAnD.png

I recommend one of these from etim, it works great with the OSSC.
69m38SG.jpg

The Digi-Key BOM list isn't working for me. Any work arounds, or is there a parts list I overlooked elsewhere? I'd also be interested in purchasing a pre-assembled unit if you have one but don't mind putting things together myself. :)
I've got 4 or 5 of 'em kicking around. I can test one real quick and get it out to you in a few days if you're interested.

Back