What's new
So... How up to date is the op now? I'm struggling a bit to find a pair of 512mb sticks for a 1gb netdimm.

Hi, could anyone help, I have a sega netdimm with 256mb memory all works , if I run the dimm test it says all slots good even though only one slot is populated. I have been trying to upgrade to 512mb if I add another 256 it says all good in test then when I load a game it says not enough memory, so I tried a 512 stick in slot 0 it says bad slot 1 and good in slot 0 but when I try to load a game it says board not recognized I have tried multiple configurations changing slots etc to no avail. I noticed jumpers on the ram board do they need to be set for 512 if so which ones and how, its driving me nuts. It will work if I put in the original 256 stick and only in slot 0 if I move it to slot 1 it says not enough memory. (May got slot one and zero backwords but you get the idea)

two questions.
1. have you tried running with just thew NEW 256 RAM stick alone to confirm it works?

2. which game are you trying to load when it give you the not enough memory error?

256mb runs fine all games work except Melty blood Actress Again, if I add another 256 it says not enough memory on anything I try, if I take 256 out and move it to another slot it says not enough memory if I take out the 256 and replace it with a 512 it says good in one slot bad in the other and not enough memory if I try to load a game, the only thing I can think of is maybe one slot is defective.

I'm not asking about all of those other scenarios, I'm asking about this specific scenario:
1. have you tried running with just thew NEW 256 RAM stick alone to confirm it works?

Lets call the 256mb stick that works the "OLD stick" and the new extra stick you got to expand the memory the new "NEW stick"

if you put the "NEW stick" in slot 0 and leave slot 1 empty, does it work?

No, just tried it New stick on its own says bad, so probably a defective stick, but you would have thought a single 512 would have worked unless thats knackered to. I have no way to check then as I dont have any hardware that old.

The jumpers must be set correctly for the amount of memory installed. If you have 2 256MB sdram's, they should be set to 512.
It should work with one 512MB stick and with 2 256MB sticks.

I have no idea if you only use one stick of sdram, if you can plug it in any of the 2 available slots or just one of the 2.

The jumpers must be set correctly for the amount of memory installed. If you have 2 256MB sdram's, they should be set to 512.
It should work with one 512MB stick and with 2 256MB sticks.

I have no idea if you only use one stick of sdram, if you can plug it in any of the 2 available slots or just one of the 2.
Hi thanks for the reply could you tell me were these jumpers are and how to set them, I have looked all-over the Internet and can find no reference.

i second that,
i didnt know you had to config the ram size with jumpers - i thought it was autodetected from the eeproms on the ram?

I know you have to set the memory size on Chihiro Type 3 but I don't recall ever having to do that on a NAOMI Net-DIMM setup.

Back