What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. Haven’t really had a chance to dig in deep. I did manage to kill the startup nag vid, but only by replacing it with a 0.1s silent black video. I’m sure there’s a more elegant solution.

Between that and some bios tweaks, I have my X4 booting to the multi menu in 37 seconds with an SSD and… around 57 seconds with a HDD.
It’s shelled to multiboot.exe in the c folder I believe. You can create a new one that just boots AM or whatever you want it to do. Or you can shell it straight to AM as far as I know, not sure if the multiboot script is doing anything special. I think it just loads the video then closes it and launches AM after.

I tried and gave up, I’m too old to start learning new stuff, now forgetting stuff I’m getting really good at 😂

I would like more information about the previously mentioned USBIO support.

They just made that up, or someone made something up somewhere. There's no USBIO support mentioned, just ttx4 system drivers added.

USBIO is a bit of a pig and not. They're USBHID devices, so they don't require a driver for the hardware to work, but they require a program to communicate with the device. All USBIO boards are not equal. It appears the hardware is equal, but the firmware which is on the FPGA is different for all games. So effectively there's a USBIO specific version per game. The only way you can tell them apart as far as i know, is the sticker on the sd card slot. Which is removed on most of the ones you see. Becuase they all have the exact same part numbers otherwise.

Then with different versions, some of those firmware don't even have close to enough digital inputs for a 1 player 6 button cab, they're a heap of analogue inputs and various custom stuff. The pinouts are different on all of them, and some of them in their current firmware state just wouldn't be able to be used for digital inputs. AFAIK no one has worked out or cares to work out how to dump and reprogram the firmware. The info and software to do it is freely available online, just look at the chip model, search it and you'll find the programming tools, but you need to have a clue because it's for smart people to do, not consumers.

Add to this, the only 2 that will work on Windows 10 (the rest only work on Windows 8) with their current firmware are the SF5 and Love Live USBIO revision. They just work when you plug them in. You can talk to the device as a USBHIB device

So if you're buying a USBIO, you have no idea what version game it's from or if it will work on Win 10 or not, unless it still has the sticker on the SD card slot(which most don't). Even if it does work on Windows 10, it's just a dormant device until you write a software application/dll to interface it.

Here's some info on how the hardware sends it's inputs
https://github.com/641i130/ttx4-usbio
If you want a version that works on Windows 10, sticker M9009153A - That's Love Live.

Feel free to correct any of the above if it's wrong.

i-img1200x740-1646962782kpxdte15.jpg

To keep it behind closed doors is just pissing the community off, the Chinese bootleggers have already figured out how to add games to version four, so keeping it locked up doesn't make much sense now
Pissing off what community? This community?

1647911323850.png

There's not really anything to work out, the script base was released originally on the arcade hustle multi. If you download that, you have access to probably 1/3 of the script base examples from artax v4. It's no secret at all how these multi game images are made. It's been public for ages now. Or even easier, just use google on how to get the info from artax v4. It's really not that hard if you just look around.

I wrote you a guide for adding games (link earlier in the thread). No really, i wrote a step by step guide that you can quickly pull the info out of to add your own games. It can't be made much easier for you to do it yourself.

The person who posted those Artax V6 videos on YouTube is a member here. I won't say who, so please don't ask me.

Not really sure what the motive was behind posting those videos. It's like, "hey everyone look how freaking awesome this multi is, oh btw you can't have it".
That's me, and that's one way a certain type of person might interpret it, yes.

Another person might interpret it as a really big hint on some things that you can do or how some things are done, and then use that information to save themselves time because they don't need to figure certain things out for themselves, and get to work on adding the things that they so badly seem to want.

But I guess we're all different.

1647911323850.png

I tried, sadly they weren't willing to help.

You got me, i'm just an unhelpful, showboating asshole. I'll do what i can to be less helpful in the future.

I didn’t know the script bases came from arcade hustle to make artax v4. That’s helpful info too.

They just made that up, or someone made something up somewhere. There's no USBIO support mentioned, just ttx4 system drivers added.

USBIO is a bit of a pig and not. They're USBHID devices, so they don't require a driver for the hardware to work, but they require a program to communicate with the device. All USBIO boards are not equal. It appears the hardware is equal, but the firmware which is on the FPGA is different for all games. So effectively there's a USBIO specific version per game. The only way you can tell them apart as far as i know, is the sticker on the sd card slot. Which is removed on most of the ones you see. Becuase they all have the exact same part numbers otherwise.

Then with different versions, some of those firmware don't even have close to enough digital inputs for a 1 player 6 button cab, they're a heap of analogue inputs and various custom stuff. The pinouts are different on all of them, and some of them in their current firmware state just wouldn't be able to be used for digital inputs. AFAIK no one has worked out or cares to work out how to dump and reprogram the firmware. The info and software to do it is freely available online, just look at the chip model, search it and you'll find the programming tools, but you need to have a clue because it's for smart people to do, not consumers.

Add to this, the only 2 that will work on Windows 10 (the rest only work on Windows 8) with their current firmware are the SF5 and Love Live USBIO revision. They just work when you plug them in. You can talk to the device as a USBHIB device

So if you're buying a USBIO, you have no idea what version game it's from or if it will work on Win 10 or not, unless it still has the sticker on the SD card slot(which most don't). Even if it does work on Windows 10, it's just a dormant device until you write a software application/dll to interface it.

Here's some info on how the hardware sends it's inputs
https://github.com/641i130/ttx4-usbio
If you want a version that works on Windows 10, sticker M9009153A - That's Love Live.

Feel free to correct any of the above if it's wrong.

i-img1200x740-1646962782kpxdte15.jpg
This is fantastic info! And stuff I had no prior knowledge about, thank you!

I didn’t know the script bases came from arcade hustle to make artax v4. That’s helpful info too.

Decompile a few of the scripts, you'll see v4 has remnants of those scripts in them, there's still references to nesysoffline and a bunch of other stuff that isn't used on this multi in some of the scripts. Those are from the original AH multi.

Not that it matters, but every script was rewritten from scratch in the newer version, so all the legacy stuff was removed. I'd post the exact changelog... but it'll just piss people off so.... I summarised it in the previous post. Just know... you can make everything run a shit load faster than it currently does, but yes, you gotta redo every single script on there, 1 by 1.

I'm not going to post any more info about this stuff, it's all there, in this and the other thread. For those of you who care to spend an hour of your time having a look at your multi, you can very easily add stuff and undesrstand what's going on. It' really not that difficult.

For anyone looking for artax v6, try this.
https://mega.nz/file/eZZXjThb#wra5oeKnXwLy6MaL0AsF-WpUZYBNyOs5Ur92jbrWgP8

This is fantastic info! And stuff I had no prior knowledge about, thank you!
(you just have to power the TTX4 IO or it won't be detected by Windows when you connect it. 5v/gnd/24v and i'm pretty sure 12v will suffice on the 24v line, so you pull power from your pc atx molex connector)

Decompile a few of the scripts, you'll see v4 has remnants of those scripts in them, there's still references to nesysoffline and a bunch of other stuff that isn't used on this multi in some of the scripts. Those are from the original AH multi.

Not that it matters, but every script was rewritten from scratch in the newer version, so all the legacy stuff was removed. I'd post the exact changelog... but it'll just piss people off so.... I summarised it in the previous post. Just know... you can make everything run a shit load faster than it currently does, but yes, you gotta redo every single script on there, 1 by 1.

I'm not going to post any more info about this stuff, it's all there, in this and the other thread. For those of you who care to spend an hour of your time having a look at your multi, you can very easily add stuff and undesrstand what's going on. It' really not that difficult.

For anyone looking for artax v6, try this.
https://mega.nz/file/eZZXjThb#wra5oeKnXwLy6MaL0AsF-WpUZYBNyOs5Ur92jbrWgP8
That’s pretty good, I was just expecting to get rickrolled.

I’m going to scrub through v4 as much as I can. Hopefully I can ping you if I run into something I don’t understand.

where in version 4 is the nag screen located? cant seem to find it

If you mean the one shown as every game loads, it's inside the compiled .ax3 (though can be decompiled...) files used to load each game

If you mean the one shown as every game loads, it's inside the compiled .ax3 (though can be decompiled...) files used to load each game
Sounds like it's beyond my skill, what's needed to decompile?

Search decompile a3x. Then you write a new script to replace it.

You can remove them easily from CPS1,2,3,NEOGEO,F3 titles easily if you change the emulator config files in the attract mode folder to open directly using MAME via .zip instead of .a3x

This will drastically reduce your workload.

So I have the same goal

Search decompile a3x. Then you write a new script to replace it.
done. But too noob to touch it

You can remove them easily from CPS1,2,3,NEOGEO,F3 titles easily if you change the emulator config files in the attract mode folder to open directly using MAME via .zip instead of .a3x

This will drastically reduce your workload.

Ok but being as familiar with Scripting as I am with Mandarin Chinese, is there a way for me to still get this working?
Or should I better leave it?

I read through all the posts here and especially the epic tutorial from @Murray give all info you need to have I guess
but hope it's OK to request further support since it's not easy for beginners without proper skills
That being said what I have learned here within about one week is amazing, all thanks to you guys, especially murray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back