What's new

nismopunch

Professional
Reaction score
Is there a procedure for this like the RE? Tried hunting around but don't see it mentioned anywhere, so possibly not. X3 wont post, so looking for info if there is a procedure to add to my list of stuff to check while I figure this out.

Thanks guys!

I had problems with two X3 not booting which lead me to a wild goose chase:

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/control-pcbs-are-paired-to-their-dongles-on-a-x3.15309/

Remove the RAM, clean the edge connectors and insert them one at a time.
Thanks nem! I tried reseating and trying ram one by one, BUT i did not clean the edge connectors. Will add that to my list. So far the only thing that makes it somewhat boot was removing the battery and putting it back. It will power up but do nothing, so the chase continues!

Cleaned the ram and tried one by one, didn't boot. Tried some spare good ram I had and didn't boot. Put all the original ram back in and removed/put back battery, and it booted! However after entering the bios and watching temps in the hw monitor, it randomly shuts off. It reboots itself and then shuts off again after a minute or two. Tried with a known good PSU and same story. Temps fine, fans fine, but didn't have an SSD plugged in since waiting for that. I highly doubt not having an HDD/SSD would do anything (in my experience), but yeah possible dead motherboard at this point.

I would 100% make sure it's not the RAM. The problem is that if the RAM edge connectors are dirty, the mating connectors on the motherboard are too. Take some rubbing alcohol, clean the edge connectors with that, and while they're still somewhat wet, insert the stick into the motherboard. Do this multiple times. Clean the edge connector every other time, apply new rubbing alcohol.

Then let the motherboard sit and dry.

If it still has issues staying on with just one stick, then sure, it's something else at fault.

I actually did clean the sockets too but my explanation probably sucked haha. Appreciate your help! This mobo is probably busted, since I was able to test the majority of components as well in another old pc and could not reproduce issue.

Reactions: nem
After seeing this X3 shut it self off so many times, seemed like too much of a coincidence it was always the same amount of time. I hooked it up to the JVS in my cabinet and it stays powered on. WTF, seems like the DMAC card is looking for JVS connection or it restarts?

It's sort of alive!!

BUT now my problem is when I shut off my cabinet, the X3 won't power up again without resetting the CMOS. I played without turning it off for hours, but after turning it off, won't turn back on again without CMOS reset. So now not sure if my bios settings are all screwed up, or something is odd with this DMAC card. Tried putting optimized defaults and playing around, but still once shut off will only boot and run after a CMOS reset.

Hi,

I've sent a TTX3 to a friend he experienced almost the same strange rebooting problem
TTX3 unit with security disabled upgraded with a 2GO GTX 760 4x4go ram and I7 2600k
I've tested it several hours with FIO YOKO multi SSD and JVS TATE multi SDD without any issue on a vewilx DB FIO and a vewlix C JVS before shipping.

but when my friend received it he tried it with a supergun on a 4K screen and the TTX3 unit randomly reboots itself...

I thought of a faulty GC/bios or RAM so I shipped him the original GC GTX 660, ram(4x2go) and CPU(I5 2400) to try to find the culprit by elimination.
also sent some standalone SSD to find out if it was a OS issue and a GTX 660 TI as well
the unit still reboots randomly and very frequently with original parts and standalone SSDs...

So he tried with original GC the JVS TATE image on a small computer screen -> it stays on for several hours
then he tried the same config on his 4K screen -> it stays on for several hours

do you know if changing/resetting the CMOS battery will improve something ?
Or is there a way to disable this "watchdog" ?

I may add we don't have re-booting problem after a shutdown like you described
so no need to reset CMOS battery to reboot.

That's a releaf to read that we're not the only ones experiencing this kind of very weird behavior !
I hope we will find a fix to this issue !

Hey guys, the random reboot was solved by hooking up my JVS IO from the cabinet. It no longer reboots, however everytime I shutdown the computer it will not boot again without removing the cmos battery.

I'm booting a yoko image, original game drive was removed but have the dongle so cannot try original. If I remove battery and redo settings (ie security off) it will stay running and play fine. The issue now is when I turn off/shutdown the x3 won't boot without removing the battery and redoing bios settings again. Edit: original cmos battery is toast so replaced as well

I don't think we have the same problem enidz from the description currently.

Last edited:
@Murray thank you for the explanation! The new battery didn't fix it and the board is receiving power after checking pins so it's some hardware issue in retaining bios settings that is beyond me.

Oddly enough when I take out and replace battery then redo the bios and successfully boot it doesn't reset. I had it on for a few hours, but once again that was after I hooked up the JVS IO from my cab. Only really tested with USFIV so as you mentioned could still persist depending on what I load. I even depinned the DMAC front panel connector to remove power pins and reset switch pin (+) to see if I could boot up after a power down manually, didn't help unfortunately.

Two days ago, my TX3 booted (black screen) with no beep. Then, I removed RAM, the result was not better. Btw, I noticed if the graphic card wire touched the graphic card, the TX3 didn't beep ; a kind of security ?
So, I fixed the wire to avoid touching the graphic card, and the TX3 booted and still boots flawlessly, no mess.

Two days ago, my TX3 booted (black screen) with no beep. Then, I removed RAM, the result was not better. Btw, I noticed if the graphic card wire touched the graphic card, the TX3 didn't beep ; a kind of security ?
So, I fixed the wire to avoid touching the graphic card, and the TX3 booted and still boots flawlessly, no mess.
Hi Layer, which wire do you mean?

Ah I see interesting, mine was far enough away other than where it connects so maybe not the same issue you experienced. Maybe some interference but can't say i've run into that before.

There's no effective way to disable the watchdog, not without a hardware modifcation to remove a wire after boot that needs to be replaced before you boot again.
I’m facing random reboots as well, which wire are you talking about ?
Couldn’t we just add an ON/OFF switch on this wire and done ?

Back