What's new
We really should coordinate these things, because I was another bidder in that auction.
im really glad now i didn't get involved in the bidding now

But yes we should try to organize these things. hell ill even throw money towards the person buying it if its not something i want/need.

Agree. Let's wait for @rtw to open a conversation with interested parties only.

Dose "hoarding" really mean anything, anymore? I mean you could say having more than the game you are currently playing is "hoarding".
By "hoarding" I mean obtaining a game or a version of a game and refusing to share/dump it but teasing with pictures.
I'm still shocked when I hear people doing that. They are not collectors but rather speculators.

Thank you for the recommendation @Darksoft, but I would propose another "leader" . I don't follow YJ that much, I am happy to be a member though and advise on what is needed and what is already dumped.

Thank you for the recommendation @Darksoft, but I would propose another "leader" . I don't follow YJ that much, I am happy to be a member though and advise on what is needed and what is already dumped.
Sorry, I meant @Niko :whistling:
I need an extra coffee.

I think the dibs list would really just be useful on an item that we feel many people are going to be bidding on. If there's a cp that multiple people want, nothing anyone can do about that. If everything is going towards the same cause (such as being dumped) then it would make sense.

You can even pool resources and get stuff for dumping, then everyone can play on their machine. Then everyone wins!

Totally agree with this, I think most of you guys know my position when it comes to this topic. A shared PM convo would be the best thing to do for now.

I knew KOF Climax was gonna sell high because several people were gonna go for it, so I went for it as I truly believed someone was going to hoard it since this game has been sought after. I did not want it to be lost like that STV game Twisted has spotted. I consider this my gift to the community and the wonderful people I have met here on this site which I consider them as friends and some are more like family.

Now, some dont agree with my methods, some guys will say I am doing it wrong, well I am doing it the way I think I should, there is no guidebook/rule set for this and its hard to tell who the key people that can be trusted are sometimes, but I am learning who I can. I am open to suggestions if anyone thinks I am doing things wrong :P , the only way to learn is by trying.

We really should coordinate these things, because I was another bidder in that auction... :|

http://page22.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l363126977

If we had all backed off, it would have sold for ~15k...

bids.JPG

37500 would have been me -.-

Maybe you should list the nicknames used in the auctions, so you can recognise thrusted people and contact them...

Maybe you should list the nicknames used in the auctions, so you can recognise thrusted people and contact them...
I have to bid through a proxy, so I dont think that would work.

Anyone up for donating to help purchase some of these marquees that need to be acquired for the marquee collaboration?

You can even pool resources and get stuff for dumping, then everyone can play on their machine. Then everyone wins!
I'd definitely be willing to pitch in. Not much interest in trolling YAJ each day/week to find things, much less spearhead anything, but if we're pooling funds to buy and dump things, I'd like to contribute regularly.

Maybe we can get someone in Japan to source certain games, might be easier than waiting for something to pop up on YAJ and/or have that person bid on games, would help curtail some of the fees and if they can dump the games or get them to someone in Japan that can do it, it would further reduce costs, just a suggestion.

So who's going to start the PM train? (or maybe it's already started and I wasn't invited :P )

@twistedsymphony you can do the honors if you want. I'm not sure who should be invited, what I know for sure is that we need to ask to all the members here NOT TO BID for undumped stuff if they want to see it available and for free. It's in everyone's interest to keep it that way. Unfortunately some a**holes like to buy those things to hoard them.

Just tried to create a PM group, but it looks like there is a 10 person limit. Is this something we can adjust??

Back