What's new
Seems to me it's the supergun mapping. @Zektor if you're using the HAS, then remember that you can remap the button layout.
Yes, I'm using the HAS. When I use the HAS remapping feature it works like I want, so I will continue to use that to remap my buttons.

Thanks for the help.

And also thanks to @undamned for the awesome UD-USB decoders!!!

Reactions: RGB
Just to chime in @yuro so you're not left wondering. I had someone try a Victrix Pro FS on my UD-CPS2 the other day, it did not work either. IIRC I think the UD's green LED light turned on but the stick was unresponsive?
Yep. Exactly the same here.
Does the Victrix work on multiple platforms?

You might have to press a button to force it into a specific platform while connecting it to the UD-USB - multi platform sticks will usually have this option
Victrix stick is either ps4 or xbox 1, not both. I have the ps4 varient.

@undamned I can confirm that the Hori Fighting Edge PS4 does not work with the decoder. I was hoping it would, but alas.
For more info, this was the hardware used to test:

Supergun: HAS 3.1
Power Supply: Meanwell 606
Boards: CPS2 STjp, VSAVjp

Mine has arrived today and it works flawlessly.

Thank you Undamed.

hello is it run switch/PC stick like HRAP. I try in PC position but dont run.
nintendo_switch_fight_stick.jpg

Sorry stupid question. :S

Last edited:
maaaaaaaan, got an update regarding the decoders were in stock at PAS and POOF all gone LOL, @undamned any chance can i snag a couple off you?

Last edited:
Is there any possibility to purchase 2 of these?

I recently purchased a consolized CPS2 that uses DB15 and would love to play 6 button fighting games on this. Fell down the rabbit hole pretty hard, 3 weeks ago I wanted a Chewlix for emulation. Today I have two Sony PVMs and a bunch more stuff on my to-buy list :)

Does anyone here have pics of how they wired up the usb decoder to an arcade cabinet.
this device is really meant to do the reverse, wire up a usb based joystick so that it can interface with an arcade pcb (usually via a supergun)

So you normally wouldn’t find a usb decoder inside of an arcade cabinet unless the controls were replaced with, I guess, a game-pad based joystick for some reason — and all the other wiring was gutted and replaced likewise.

What are you trying to connect? Maybe we can point you in a suitable direction.

Does anyone here have pics of how they wired up the usb decoder to an arcade cabinet.
this device is really meant to do the reverse, wire up a usb based joystick so that it can interface with an arcade pcb (usually via a supergun)
So you normally wouldn’t find a usb decoder inside of an arcade cabinet unless the controls were replaced with, I guess, a game-pad based joystick for some reason — and all the other wiring was gutted and replaced likewise.

What are you trying to connect? Maybe we can point you in a suitable direction.
I have arcade cabinets but i have friends who like to use their own stick/pads/hitboxes to play the jamma games. I thought this device allowed you to plug in most usb controllers.. Are these not the same thing you would do w/UD-CPS2?

These are designed to plug into a DB15 connector which is commonly found on Supergun devices.

Cabs are wired directly from the sticks to the JAMMA edge connector. It's possible for you to install a pair of DB15s to achieve what you're trying to do but it's not going to work the way you think.

Here are 3 options:

1) Disconnect existing controls and connect wiring to DB15s - but then original controls won't work

2) Wire up DB15s alongside the existing wiring, I would suggest with a switch to enable cab or external devices based on need

3) Install sticks and buttons that everyone likes in your cabs so they don't feel the need to use their own

UD-CPS2 has 2 DB-15 connectors installed because as its name suggests, @undamned consolized these A boards to work outside of a cab

@baklakiller these are what are in a udcps2 but those are designed again for not-arcade-cab use.

Best I can think for what you describe is to get undamned usb decoder with the breakout terminals, then wire that to a jamma breakout board. Sit that into your actual jamma harness before the pcb. Maybe you can even put a switch on the jamma adapter to kill the control panel’s inputs when you plug in a stick.

(Breakout link https://paradisearcadeshop.com/home...491_undamned-usb-decoder-plus-by-ud-game-tech) otherwise you have to add a db15 breakout anyway somewhere, or build some junction box to keep it clean).

yes im talking about the usb decoder plus, not the one with the db15.

Doesnt this device allow you to play arcade pcbs w usb controllers?

Its the same concept as a supergun, instead of playing on arcade monitor you play it on tv but controls should be the same.

Cant you use a terminal strip/block to connect both jamma and this usb decoder plus to play the arcade games?

yes im talking about the usb decoder plus, not the one with the db15.

Doesnt this device allow you to play arcade pcbs w usb controllers?

Its the same concept as a supergun, instead of playing on arcade monitor you play it on tv but controls should be the same.

Cant you use a terminal strip/block to connect both jamma and this usb decoder plus to play the arcade games?
you’d leave your power and video stuff running though jamma, and then yes you’re just solving for the controls between your usb input and your normal control panel inputs.

The undamned device will reduce the usb inputs to normal analog. Just getting them from there into the pcb, well, that’s custom wiring dependent on the cab and it’s harness (and to some degree the pcb involved, for stuff like kicks on a cps1 board)

But yeah i’d think it’s very solvable.

I’d go for wiring the usb decoders into something like this (as well as a separate cps2 kick harness adapter for the buttons 4/5/6). Wire all the rest to pass through. Plug it in when you want to use it

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/151552965719

Last edited:
Back