What's new
I've always wanted to add usb controller functionality to an arcade cabinet. Recently I have been working on an astro city cabinet and have plans to wire in UD USB Screw Terminal Decoders into the harness to have a dual action control system. I'd like to keep the original Astro CP controls but add the ability to plug in your own stick for those that are very picky of the controls that they play on.

As I get closer to the project I'm left thinking I really don't know what would be best way to tap the controls.

Do I just splice the leads into the wiring at the button? At the jamma harness? at the AMP connectors on the control?

What do you guys think?
my friend and I did this recently, he has an astro and I have a blast.

He tapped his decoder into the controls.

I made a AMP harness splitter. Comes out from the cab. One goes to original controls. And the other goes to the 20 pin or whatever connector on the UD board.

They both worked out just fine. Just depends on what you have the ability to do. Overall pretty easy.

Hi @undamned are there any DB15 UD-USB Decoders for sale? I would like to buy 4 of them. I will also send you a PM.

I'm also interested. Depends if RGB sells his wonderful HAS once again but either way, I might buy 2 if you get back to make more.

@undamned

I have the original ps360, not ps360+ and it is not working with the decoder.

When I plug it in, I have a blinking green and red light.

Any way to get around this?

HI guys. Wanna ask about the DB15 UD-USB Decoders. I am using a DualShock 3 with a Usb decoder and it shows a flashing red light. the same controller and usb cable is working on my other usb decoder. is the decoder faulty?

Hi @undamned are there any DB15 UD-USB Decoders for sale? I would like to buy 4 of them. I will also send you a PM.
I'm also interested.
Ok, I have a few on hand. Still need to dig through loads of old PMs to find out how many I have left. Need to get another batch going.

I have the original ps360, not ps360+ and it is not working with the decoder.

When I plug it in, I have a blinking green and red light.

Any way to get around this?
Have you used any other controllers with the decoder?

I am using a DualShock 3 with a Usb decoder and it shows a flashing red light. the same controller and usb cable is working on my other usb decoder. is the decoder faulty?
Have you ever updated the firmware in either of them?
-ud

no i didnt. i saw the firmware available on your website is 1.4d beta from july 2019 and it's before i bought it so i assume my adapters have the latest firmware.
do i need to update them to troubleshoot?

I've added the DB15 version to my wishlist over at Paradise Arcade Shop, but if these only ever become available again here, I'm ready to buy 2.

My HAS will arrive to Japan in 2 days and I'm still without your sexy USB decoders... please, be merciful!!

Hi Undamned,

Would love to grab 4x of these if and when they’re available again!

Thanks

Last edited:
Great tag team or greatest tag team? Undamned’s USB decoders x RGB’s SAT2JAMMA adapters.

Attachments

• 501E9E4D-77A7-4CB2-9C00-1334B43B7497.jpeg
    501E9E4D-77A7-4CB2-9C00-1334B43B7497.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 7E3447EE-7B9A-4782-AEDE-AEAF04438425.jpeg
    7E3447EE-7B9A-4782-AEDE-AEAF04438425.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 164
Hey, guys, I'm not dead :D Just been trying to get some stuff off my plate. Here's the status:

I don't have a new "big" batch ready (I'm waiting on literally 1 last part to give to my assembler), but I have 50 or so units left from the previous batch I had made a while back. I am going back through posts in this thread, PMs, wall posts, Twitter DMs, and e-mails from the last year to make sure to give priority to earliest interest. I know some of you wanted more than 2x, but with limited stock on hand, I'm going to limit orders to 2x.

Once the "big" batch is done, distribution will be the same as usual where Paradise Arcade will handle USA stuff and I'll handle the few international orders.

no i didnt. i saw the firmware available on your website is 1.4d beta from july 2019 and it's before i bought it so i assume my adapters have the latest firmware.
do i need to update them to troubleshoot?
It's not a bad idea. One thing I've noticed on my Dual Shock 3 pad is sometimes (I don't know if it's because I hit a button before plugging in or what), but the front LEDs on the pad are flashing (like it's trying to connect to the PS3) and in that mode, it does not connect to the Decoder. I have to wait for the pad LEDs to stop flashing and then plug in and it works. Maybe verify if that's going on.

Do these only work with PS3/4/Xbox360 controllers or will they also work with a PC USB gamepad?
No PC USB gamepad support. That's been on my "to do" list for years, esp. as that would allow people to use those cheapo "zero delay" PCBs :D
-ud

hi i updated the ud usb and it still flashes red when i power on my arcade board. i think something is wrong with the decoder itself. i didnt press anything on the controller when i power on my board.
to be clear, my other decoder is working fine. i power on my board and it goes solid green instantly and the controller works. i didnt press anything before switching on my board too.
i want to clarify something on the manual when flashing the decoder.i have to connect the decoder to the supergun to power it up when it's connected to the pc right?
otherwise it wont power up when i just connect only the decoder to the pc with a usb cable. i destroyed my picopsu after i flashed the decoder. luckily i have a spare picopsu. thought i destroyed my supergun. almost got a fright. had to calm down and test things one by one to diagnose the problem.
guess i have to send the decoder back to you to have a look at what's wrong?

Back