What's new
@undamned Is there any way to tell if a decoder is bricked? I busted out my supergun yesterday at a local and both of my decoders were completely dead (no lights, no inputs registered). Luckily another person had two extra decoders (what are the odds) and we were able to use the setup for the tournament. Both of my decoders had been sitting in a box unused for months, so not sure what could have killed them.
Which decoders do you have, the block ones or the ones with the enclosure?

Which decoders do you have, the block ones or the ones with the enclosure?
Mine are the ones with the enclosure and we’re working fine for the last 4-5 years I’ve had them. Strange that they’re both having issues at the same time.

Did you happen to have any wonky voltages they hit the adapters by chance? Does seem strange but they are powered devices so that would be the first assumption.

Both of mine seemed dead on arrival, but started working after a firmware update. Weird thing is I ordered them earlier this year, long after the last firmware update.

Yeah I thought about the firmware not working. Just got a USB male to male cable to try it and they're still both dead. Plug them into my PC and get no lights, can't enter bootloader mode, they don't appear in Device Manager, just nothing. So unless they require some sort of special non-standard usb cable I don't know wtf to do other than buy two more lol. I popped one of them open and there is no visible damage that I can see.

Yeah I thought about the firmware not working. Just got a USB male to male cable to try it and they're still both dead. Plug them into my PC and get no lights, can't enter bootloader mode, they don't appear in Device Manager, just nothing. So unless they require some sort of special non-standard usb cable I don't know wtf to do other than buy two more lol. I popped one of them open and there is no visible damage that I can see.
To update the firmware, you have to power it with a supergun.
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/ud-usb-decoders.3450/page-32

Does anyone know if the USB Decoder supports the Astro City Mini Arcade Stick ?

https://www.play-asia.com/astro-city-mini-arcade-stick/13/70dptj

edit:
It's detected like this in Linux.

[769836.738319] usb 1-1.3: new full-speed USB device number 8 using dwc_otg
[769836.877251] usb 1-1.3: New USB device found, idVendor=0ca3, idProduct=0028, bcdDevice= 4.01
[769836.877260] usb 1-1.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[769836.877268] usb 1-1.3: Product: Astro city mini Arcade stick

Ah, I misinterpreted those lines in the instructions (it just says "Power up the UD-USB", doesn't mention specifically how to do that). I'll cross my fingers and try that this afternoon.
Welp, this was it. Got the supergun out and was able to flash the firmware back onto them. Working fine now. Thanks for the help everyone.

So idk if im missing something in the thread, but im trying to update the firmware on my undamned decoder (pcb with the terminal blocks) without a supergun. Is that possible?

You need to power it externally. It's not powered by usb.

As long as you power the 5v rail it should work. But plugging it in to a powered db15 port would be easier for sure.

As long as you power the 5v rail it should work. But plugging it in to a powered db15 port would be easier for sure.
Ok, and once theres power the pc should see it? I dont have a supergun to use with this so the only time i get the LED to turn on, is when a controller it can recognize is plugged in. Im just using the 5 volt terminal to send power to it.

Going to go over the old posts in this giant thread at some point but figured I'd ask in case anyone could point me in the right direction:

I have a UD-USB TB Plus with a single button not working (K3). Has anyone had a similar experience? Any known fixes or troubleshooting steps? I've swapped the problematic one with another and everything is working great, which seems to scope the problem to the decoder.

Also I’m looking for 2-4 more TB Plus (the ones with the 20 pin connector); if anyone has some to sell or sees them in stock somewhere please let me know :)

I ran into an odd one recently. I recently bought an enclosed Undamnded Decoder Paradise Arcade. It does not show any LEDs when I plug it into a minigun I recently bought ebay. It also does not show any color LEDs when I plug my PS4 controller in.

I decided I would try to update the firmware and see if that makes it work. I used an USB 3.0 A type to A type male wire from my PC. It did not do anything when I held the button under the decoder. After I turned off the power, I noticed I was getting 4.5 volts from the USB 3.0 to the decoder to the minigun. I hope I did not fry anything and I am waiting on an order of USB 2.0 cables.

Has anyone had something similar to happen? Also do you guys think I should exchange the decoder if it should be working out the box without an update?

Back