What's new
I have a MS8-26 tube right now in front of me and the viewable screen on that is 530 x 400 mm (give or take a few mil), so yeah, it's pretty close.

I have a MS8-26 tube right now in front of me and the viewable screen on that is 530 x 400 mm (give or take a few mil), so yeah, it's pretty close.
Thanks for confirming this! Knowing that it is a reasonable candidate for an Astro is helpful. Information like this might help sell these displays.

I'd like to second some photos of this prototype installed in a few cabinets so we can what it looks like. Trying to get interest without seeing the display in situ will be tough.

Thanks for confirming this! Knowing that it is a reasonable candidate for an Astro is helpful. Information like this might help sell these displays.

I'd like to second some photos of this prototype installed in a few cabinets so we can what it looks like. Trying to get interest without seeing the display in situ will be tough.
On the facebook page it looks like they're sending some out to people to demo for others to see, better late than never I guess they really should of done that from the get go. Like you suggest its kind of hard to build hype and interest with just an open frame panel sat on a desk.

It's not, to be clear, it's a reasonable candidate for an Aero. Which is cool too, and not useless, and plenty of other American cabs use that size. But it's not a "general candy" monitor.

Not wanting to go off the main topic too much but LG are actually releasing a 27.6" monitor soon but it's an oddball aspect ratio , 16:18.
The model is 28MQ780 but details are sketchy can't even find it on their website but assuming the active display area is 27.6" that equates to approx 524mm x 466mm.

Ya I did the measurement for all my cabs and it comes up a little over an inch gap to the bezel on all sides. Was very disappointed and why I told them to make the switch to 29s as they are more popular and needed than a 25. They are made to replace 25s really. Let’s face it more WG 25s than you can shake a stick at. You can get like 15 right now on Facebook but good luck finding a 29. When they first started this I started pestering them but they wouldn’t listen and somehow think they know better. Kind of laughable. 19s and 25s are still abundant and so are the flybacks. We need a 29 inch replacement.

Dear SNK MVSX Customers & Fans,

It's unfortunate but we did not meet the goal for the Phoenix Monitor Series ULM26 Arcade CRT Replacement LCD Monitor.

It's with a sad heart we are refunding you your order and we will hopefully manufacturer it in the future.

If you would like we can send you the ULM19 in it's place with a partial refund of the remaining money. The ULM19 will ship in Late April 2022.

Once again we are sorry but the orders just didn't reach what we needed to be able to do the tooling and manufacturer this monitor.

Best Regards,

MVSX Support Team

That's sad but there would have been more preorders if people saw a demonstration in some popular cabs. Kinda hard to gauge something like this without it being in a cab.

It's a bummer, but it seamed sort of limited in use. Now I need to double-down on finding an appropriate replacement CRT for my Astro cab. :)

I still stand my ground their planning team didn't think outside of the box to be a driver for the deal. There's a way to make it happen, just need to broaden the approach. lessons learned, i hope....

I still stand my ground their planning team didn't think outside of the box to be a driver for the deal. There's a way to make it happen, just need to broaden the approach. lessons learned, i hope....
Yeap, even aiming at hobbyists there wasn't much buzz being generated about these. Outside of this thread I had never even heard of these before, on facebook a week ago they said they were sending panels out for people to review which was obviously way too late in the game. They should of generated the hype prior to starting pre-orders it was almost back to front.
Hopefully they re-group and come back with another plan, it is unfortunate they were giving it a shot and it didn't work out.

They already refunded everybody
I dunno, looks like they're still going for it, a reply from Unico an hour ago in resposne to:
"is there an update for the 26” monitor? are you closer to your goal?"

"Getting closer about 70% but not there
1f641.png
We have had to refund some this week so number could be off by as much as 10%"

Still not seeing any videos of it in actual cabinets though, show me this inside a (US) Daytona USA or a suitable size cabinet with some Street Fighter 2/3.

That’s weird. I said I was okay to wait and they refunded me anyway. I figured they pulled the plug on it

I was just refunded it yesterday and I told them that I didn't mind waiting as well.

I don't understand how this is not getting done already. There is clear need...

I don't understand how this is not getting done already. There is clear need...
The problem is (and this is only my take) the marketing has been terrible. As mentioned throughout this thread; a video of a open frame LCD sat on a bench isn't very inspiring no matter how good you tell someone it is and outside of this thread (for me at least) I had no idea these were even in the pipeline.
They should be demonstrating these in actual cabs, sending them out to youtubers etc who have that large retro audience, that will get people talking about them on other forums and generate that buzz/interest.

I think the problem is that they have not yet made the tooling to produce the larger monitor, that’s what the preorders were fundraising for. So they don’t have any actual units to send out for review. They should just move the project to Kickstarter or something and advertise it on a couple of tech blogs, greater transparency and more people will come across it then

Back