What's new
Just wondering, would a project such as this work with OpenJVS and F-Zero AX so I could use my original disc that wont boot without FBB present instead of having to net boot the hacked image that removed the FBB? If that would work I could go for this.

There is definitely a need of a clear and simple documentation, and that does not really exists as far as I know.
It's still a little bit "how did you do mate?" and trying (and praying) it will somehow work the same for you. But once it works, it actually works well.
As for the SSD you are mentioning, I do not have it myself and cannot really help on that.
The documentation is almost a full size book. Sebarcade spent quite a long time to put everything together. However it's only in french. He includes it when buying the pre-configured drives that have the 200 games already setup and tweaked to perfection.

Just wondering, would a project such as this work with OpenJVS and F-Zero AX so I could use my original disc that wont boot without FBB present instead of having to net boot the hacked image that removed the FBB? If that would work I could go for this.
Probably not the right project for that, the main purpose of the io is to run a custom PC and play all the racing games (from classics to the latest ones). You can use some of the adapters, like on an initial D s3 to convert to the newer version, or run a triforce etc. However its quite rare people use them for this purpose.

Probably not the right project for that, the main purpose of the io is to run a custom PC and play all the racing games (from classics to the latest ones). You can use some of the adapters, like on an initial D s3 to convert to the newer version, or run a triforce etc. However its quite rare people use them for this purpose.
On the official github he does make mention that this OpenFBB project can be Paired with OpenJVS and used on an arcade board. Alternatively, it can run on an arcade cabinet or by using pc hardware. I was just wondering if anyone has tested the OpenFBB and see if F-Zero AX works with it, as this game will not boot from its original disc unless proper FBB is present.

The documentation is almost a full size book. Sebarcade spent quite a long time to put everything together. However it's only in french. He includes it when buying the pre-configured drives that have the 200 games already setup and tweaked to perfection.
Indeed I think SebArcade documented everything as far as I know.

On my side I managed to make things work pretty well, but it required really quite some work, and I would highly encourage to take the pro version of the pcb, this helps to speed things quite drastically.

Also I did not update that thread, because I was lacking of time at first, then I honestly forgot about it, but now I might even lack the motivation as I will list my Initial D8 pair for sale in the coming days. Maybe we can revamp that thread with someone that is motivated to refresh to document their experience, especially with using the pro board.
I was actually browsing the forum to remember how to properly list something for sale, and then saw the notification about this thread.

I still haven’t set up my driving cab with these boards. Gonna have to hunt down the instructions

Back