What's new
What are the recommended monitors?
I've got my eye on this...
  • Freesync (should work with all modes of the OSSC)
  • 4K (should work with 1600x1200 5x mode of the OSSC)
  • IPS (not as good as OLED but should have a better viewing angle than LCD)
  • HDR 4:4:4 Color space

Update:

Just waiting for prototype shipment to appear on my door step...

Half the battle is just waiting indeed. lol
what is your website url? I'm looking to also get one of these for my L.
Thank you and keep staying awesome.

Has anyone thought about a design that would make it easy to switch the monitor from horizontal to Tate and back? I think I would easily drop a fair amount of cash on that if it existed.

Has anyone thought about a design that would make it easy to switch the monitor from horizontal to Tate and back?
Geddon you clearly don't understand how it works/fits together.

Turning the screen inside the bezel would do no good, the bezel would still be 16:9...
Rather the entire monitor would need to rotate (9:16) including the bezel, and you can't do that without removing the plastic side panels/speaker panels first/anyway.

So this suggesting is totally out to lunch bro... Take a look sometime about how its rotated and you'll see/understand what I'm saying.
6yJTdXk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m sure someone could figure it out. Rotate it all and modify some things. Surely not impossible.

Has anyone thought about a design that would make it easy to switch the monitor from horizontal to Tate and back? I think I would easily drop a fair amount of cash on that if it existed.
You would still need to dis- and assemble the side strips, speakers and some other small stuff in order to do this. Which is already easy enough to do anyway. So it is a bit of a mood point to make it rotatable like an Egret. ;)

You would still need to dis- and assemble the side strips, speakers and some other small stuff in order to do this. Which is already easy enough to do anyway. So it is a bit of a mood point to make it rotatable like an Egret. ;)
I’ll just disagree. If someone came up with a good looking solution where I could easily rotate the monitor in less than a minute I would easily drop $500 for it right now. The idea in my head is some sort of spring loaded latching for the monitor and the pieces between the speakers. You can easily pop off those and spring the monitor out, rotate it, click it back in and easily move the pieces between the speakers. I’m assuming this would require a monitor with a very thin bezel, and yeah I’ve never even rotated one of these things myself so I don’t know all the mechanics but I absolutely would like a feature like this and would be willing to pay for it.

I’ll just disagree. If someone came up with a good looking solution where I could easily rotate the monitor in less than a minute I would easily drop $500 for it right now. The idea in my head is some sort of spring loaded latching for the monitor and the pieces between the speakers. You can easily pop off those and spring the monitor out, rotate it, click it back in and easily move the pieces between the speakers. I’m assuming this would require a monitor with a very thin bezel, and yeah I’ve never even rotated one of these things myself so I don’t know all the mechanics but I absolutely would like a feature like this and would be willing to pay for it.
Please just do it, or take a really good look at the picture I posted so you can see how silly this sounds to us.
It has NOTHING to do with the monitor's bezel and everything to do with the housing/bezel the LCD panel must sit inside.
Its a compartment, a metal box/shell, that can't rotate (square edges bro in what world do square wheels roll) unless other components are removed.

Please just do it, or take a really good look at the picture I posted so you can see how silly this sounds to us.It has NOTHING to do with the monitor's bezel and everything to do with the housing/bezel the LCD panel must sit inside.
Its a compartment, a metal box/shell, that can't rotate (square edges bro in what world do square wheels roll) unless other components are removed.
Who says we can’t get rid of that housing bro? And why so mean. Just chill out it’s an idea and a lot of us would like something like this.

Sorry, wasn't trying to come off like a douche.
Np, I’ll probably take a stab at it for fun with a new monitor. I have a buddy who is pretty ingenious with things like this, so you never know. Can’t be done oh well, just my ideal cab would do this.

I can imagine a few ways of doing what you are thinking which while easier at home would be impractical in an actual arcade for which they are made for.

It can't be done you better of just making a whole new cab with this in mind.

There's already a cab with that functionality. It's called a River Service New Delta. Those have rotateable monitors. It literally takes under a minute to rotate one. It's a pretty nice cab too. I would guess they're pretty uncommon at this point though.

https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/img/gmw/docs/332/330/html/32.jpg.html
That’s cool. I might end up just mounting an lcd vert on a wall somewhere. I’m also assuming there are some decent options for a sturdy rotatable wall mount these days.

Back