What's new
Want To Buy

bgspot

Student
Reaction score
Hello to all. I am looking to buy a vewlix cab within the next 3-4 weeks. No real preference on real vs clone. Figured i'd start my search early and see if anyone has had thoughts of parting with theirs.

Whats your price range? And what do you want to use it for?

Last edited:
Also where are you located?

I've been considering letting go of my F.

Thank you for the replies. I am located in Shreveport, Louisiana. My price range is $1200-1500. This doesn't take into account shipping but it is what is. Depending on the color and condition of the cab i'll gladly bite the bullet on shipping as I've wanted one of these since '09

Also forgot to mention I want to use it for my Capcom/street fighter PCBs

Reach out to @Cereth I think he had some vewlixs in that range, but they are probably sold by now. I havent seen anyone offering a Chewlix.

In Vewlix's you will also need a jamma kit. I dont know what comes in a Chewlix.

Heheh you are funny...
Aside from @Cereth I've never seen ANY real/Taito Vewlix (not even a freak'n L) sell for 1500$ (KC's price was 1800$).
No we aren't even talking about what it's going to be to ship it, thats all extra baby.

You are most likely looking at a Chewlix in that price range (unless you get lucky and C still has some unsold in his November/December container).

As @rewrite said most of the Chewlix cabs sold are going to be configured to work with a PS4 (ie HDMI device without a need for a PSU/IO).
By the time you add these missing components to the cab (achieving real JAMMA/JVS support)... You'll be another 500~700$ deep, trust me.

"maybe one day UNICEF will get into the impound Vewlix business"
9d38c7a5-e45e-480f-a88d-4da0ececa0ec_screenshot.jpg

Personally I'd never sell my Vewlix C, but I'd let my Diamond go tomorrow fully configured with a NetBoot/PiForce Naomi inside.... If you put 5k$ in my hand. ;)

An accurate depiction of Vewlix ownership...
IQyRpJq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't see how that is funny. I asked a simple question, wasn't looking for smart comments. But thanks for your feedback...

I really don't see how that is funny.
Its funny to me when people state the price they are willing to pay.
My price range is $1200-1500
And this is basically less than 95% of all the machines I've ever seen for sale.

Sure you wouldn't like a Cave board to go with your new cab?
Just tell 'em your range is 300$. :rolleyes:

Around here, I don't even need to worry about shipping (could pick this up tomorrow)... But check out that guys price...
eQcLmyc.jpg

BTW just so you know... That machine has no JVS IO in it either (a 240$ PCB new from Taito). :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I'd never sell my Vewlix C, but I'd let my Diamond go tomorrow fully configured with a NetBoot/PiForce Naomi inside.... If you put 5k$ in my hand.
I'd be letting go of my F to get another Diamond. The white and blue just looks so much nicer. And I'd only be out 2-300 out of pocket for the "upgrade".

"Upgrade"?! Dude I soooo wish you lived closer, I think we could work a 1:1 trade!

Heheh you are funny...
Aside from @Cereth I've never seen ANY real/Taito Vewlix (not even a freak'n L) sell for 1500$ (KC's price was 1800$).
No we aren't even talking about what it's going to be to ship it, thats all extra baby.

You are most likely looking at a Chewlix in that price range (unless you get lucky and C still has some unsold in his November/December container).

As @rewrite said most of the Chewlix cabs sold are going to be configured to work with a PS4 (ie HDMI device without a need for a PSU/IO).
By the time you add these missing components to the cab (achieving real JAMMA/JVS support)... You'll be another 500~700$ deep, trust me.

"maybe one day UNICEF will get into the impound Vewlix business"
9d38c7a5-e45e-480f-a88d-4da0ececa0ec_screenshot.jpg

Personally I'd never sell my Vewlix C, but I'd let my Diamond go tomorrow fully configured with a NetBoot/PiForce Naomi inside.... If you put 5k$ in my hand. ;)
An accurate depiction of Vewlix ownership...
IQyRpJq.jpg
Hey, remember when you pitched a fit about other places offering this kinda reception? Yea, keep on being an asshole while convincing yourself others are the problem I guess....

In all seriousness lets all take a deep breath. Jassin your post came across as condescending but i know you mean well. As a noob on this forum even I know you're very knowledgeable when it comes to arcade stuff just from reading posts you've replied to in the past. So for me no harm no foul.

I know REAL vewlix's aint cheap, which is why i titled my post Vewlix/Chewlix. I'm not dumb enough to believe someone on here would sell a real vewlix in my price range. The range i gave was my "ideal" price range. I know shipping cabs ain't cheap, i had my current noir clone shipped to Louisiana from California. Sometimes you have to pay to play. So even if your cab isn't in my ideal price range, i'd still like to know. Once again thanks guys!

Any specific reasons why SNK? We all have things that matter to us when it comes to branding. For me its cars. I don't really care one way or the other when it comes to the vewlix. But it you have legitimate reasons why i should avoid a chewlix i am all ears.

"Upgrade"?! Dude I soooo wish you lived closer, I think we could work a 1:1 trade!
;(

Hey, remember when you pitched a fit about other places offering this kinda reception? Yea, keep on being an asshole while convincing yourself others are the problem I guess....
Hell of a first post. Bold. Dramatic. And making as bad of an impression on this community as Jassin has on you.

for the love of Jebus doesn't buy a chewlix
+1

Jassin your post came across as condescending but i know you mean well.
Jassin has strong opinions and he doesn't mind sharing them. He's a good guy though and he knows his fair share.

As far as shipping cabs not being cheap, you're always better off shipping 2 than 1. It's usually just *barely* more expensive.

I actually took two Vewlix Ls OFF my order because nobody was buying them at $1,500. Probably I'm doing something wrong, idk.

In regards to Cewlix, you just get what you pay for. That's pretty much it when it comes to the difference between them.

About shipping, 2 cabs barely costs more than shipping 1 cab.

Back