What's new
Want To Buy
This seems like a more busy thread so ill post here...

I bought Vewlix Diamond Blue & Vewlix FC from KC. I have a friend picking it up this Wednesday, is there something he should look for? We are both unfamiliar with the new HD cabs nor have i ever dealt with KC.

Thanks
Whatever you get with the cab, pretty much as is. Mine didn't even come with the locks and I have to buy from him. Even though, the other cab have it with the power cord also but he said that it's not for the one I picked. Before that, I have the choice of either one. The one I picked was better conditions minus the broken left height lever. One other thing I want to add regarding buying HD cabs is that you have to prepare to spend more money on getting either 2 player control panel or all other adapters to make it playable on whatever system you want to use it for. It's not plug and play like older cabinet. Thank God my first cabinet was an Atomiswave SD with 2 player control panel with Jamma harness. That was the reason why I wanted this Vewlix Diamond Orange, but I going to have to spend a lot more money to make it run. As for now, I've spend a premium with this cab and it's no where near playable with anything. :(

This seems like a more busy thread so ill post here...

I bought Vewlix Diamond Blue & Vewlix FC from KC. I have a friend picking it up this Wednesday, is there something he should look for? We are both unfamiliar with the new HD cabs nor have i ever dealt with KC.

Thanks
Whatever you get with the cab, pretty much as is. Mine didn't even come with the locks and I have to buy from him. Even though, the other cab have it with the power cord also but he said that it's not for the one I picked. Before that, I have the choice of either one. The one I picked was better conditions minus the broken left height lever. One other thing I want to add regarding buying HD cabs is that you have to prepare to spend more money on getting either 2 player control panel or all other adapters to make it playable on whatever system you want to use it for. It's not plug and play like older cabinet. Thank God my first cabinet was an Atomiswave SD with 2 player control panel with Jamma harness. That was the reason why I wanted this Vewlix Diamond Orange, but I going to have to spend a lot more money to make it run. As for now, I've spend a premium with this cab and it's no where near playable with anything. :(
I really wanted that Diamond Orange. How was the condition, did it look almost new? Got any pics?

Yeah not planning to put anything jamma in it. Probably a mixture of jvs, console, & maybe a hyperspin.

I'll try to post pictures once I'm home as I'm at work now. As for conditions, the one I picked was pretty new minus the broken left height lever ( probably due from transporting from Japan) and missing locks. I might go with your route hyperspin since the screen is HD, not practical with Jamma games. I might put my fat 60gb PS3 in there since I've seen people hacked it with upgrade hard drives 1tb. As for now, all I have is a beautiful cab that can't play anything. But then again, this hobby requires patience and $$$.

Last edited:
Since i'm in Louisiana, i had him send me pictures of my actual cab from multiple angles. My biggest concern was the monitor must not have scratches and was in good working order and that none of the plastic pieces were cracked in any way. As others pointed out to me, check that:

1. your cab comes with keys/locks (came with the coin drawer dimpled key but not the others. As Dakken pointed out, the other key/lock can be bought off Amazon and they fit perfect)
2. shipping brackets for the CP (mine didn't and its not necessary but who wouldn't want every possible option that should come with the cab?)
3. topper/marquee holder and plexi (mine did)
4. Taito I/O board (mine did)
5. I would also check it has leg levelers. Mine is missing one so i'll just by 2 new ones. Not a huge deal but again, why wouldn't you want every single piece that should come with the cab. Mine sits on carpet so there is no sense of urgency for me

I got an L AMI so mine obviously saw use. I tore mine COMPLETELY apart and cleaned it top to bottom with Citrus degreaser. It was FILTHY inside!!! I also had the control panel powder coated satin black, and the sides of the control panel powder coated royal blue (default color was black) for $65. Dam near looks new now. The rest of the cab has minimal scuff/scratches so no reason to do those. I'm sure the experts will point out other things...

IMG_1200.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1199.jpg
    IMG_1199.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Yes, there's couple things I feel like it's missing and other cab have that I should have include, especially I'm there in person but seem like he didn't want to make me happy. I end up buying but not totally happy with the experience. Maybe I'm too picky but then again, spending $2500 on a candy cabinet, I think I have the right to do so. Anyhow, it's too late now as it's all set and done.

I also gotta shout out Sellsellsell2000 for SF5 artwork. If anyone need the vewlix marquee/control panel/speaker artwork set, check him out. Good quality stuff!

IMO the real problem with the FastIO Vewlix cabs is they also totally lack a power supply.
Meaning you not only need to buy the JVS IO but the JVS PSU as well, officially from Taito direct these parts will run you almost 500$ with shipping.

pick up a Sega Lindbergh PSU. they're pretty cheap, they're reliable and they have great output power.

IMO the real problem with the FastIO Vewlix cabs is they also totally lack a power supply.
Meaning you not only need to buy the JVS IO but the JVS PSU as well, officially from Taito direct these parts will run you almost 500$ with shipping.
Are the JVS IO & JVS PSU the same stuff that is used for Naomi setups?

How much are 2-player vewlix panels from Taito shipped? Do they offer Diamond Blue & FC for sale?

No FC, you might still be able to get a blue one though. Jassin know about how much as he he had to buy one.

You can use any jvs io or psu as long as you are willing to rewire/mount stuff yourself.
For plug and play compatibility, getting the OEM Taito parts is recommended.

Also for resale value, IMO a Vewlix with official Taito parts is worth a lot more than a Vewlix with Chewlix or 3rd party/aftermarket IOs/parts.
How much are 2-player vewlix panels from Taito shipped? Do they offer Diamond Blue & FC for sale?
Here you can see my order from Taito, this is the two player control plate, joystick mounting bracket, 5x LY-1153 locks (Vewlix official) and 2-player NesicaxLive overlay.
PBwu7nQ.jpg

E3102171A CONTROL PLATE(2J14B) 8,400yen
G5500523A CONTROL STICKER(2J14B)VEWLIX NESICA ZB 4,800yen
E3018350A Joystick Bracket 1,800yen (each, a complete setup requires two)
E5000630A Lock LY-1153 1,040yen (each, a complete cab set is 5 locks)

Grand total with shipping, taxes, fees/etc... 30,700yen approx 275$

Not included above is the M4 locking nuts you will need to mount the panel (these can simply be harvested from your current panel provided its real/Taito, a Sega panel won't have enough).
Unfortunately Taito did NOT make a 2-player FC overlay, the best match for the body you can get is the 2-player F overlay.

1-player FC overlay, mirror finish with red.
XGnSWgf.jpg

2-player F overlay, red reflective finish with white (pictured is the complete kit version that is no longer offered).
sNAjaK5.jpg

I refused to order the official 2-player "J/K" harness...
UDZwUlT.jpg

Because this simple piece is worth 200$+ alone!

You can make one yourself with parts ordered from Focus Attack for 1/4th the price.
Are the JVS IO & JVS PSU the same stuff that is used for Naomi setups?
You can use the Taito JVS IO and PSU with a Naomi sure, some Naomi games do not play nice with the IO however, most notably for me Capcom vs SNK2.
For this game you can use @MetalliC 's patch version/code which works just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also for resale value, IMO a Vewlix with official Taito parts is worth a lot more than a Vewlix with Chewlix or 3rd party/aftermarket IOs/parts.
Here you can see my order from Taito, this is the two player control plate, joystick mounting bracket, 5x LY-1153 locks (Vewlix official) and 2-player NesicaxLive overlay.
PBwu7nQ.jpg

E3102171A CONTROL PLATE(2J14B) 8,400yen
G5500523A CONTROL STICKER(2J14B)VEWLIX NESICA ZB 4,800yen
E3018350A Joystick Bracket 1,800yen (each, a complete setup requires two)
E5000630A Lock LY-1153 1,040yen (each, a complete cab set is 5 locks)

Grand total with shipping, taxes, fees/etc... 30,700yen approx 275$

Not included above is the M4 locking nuts you will need to mount the panel (these can simply be harvested from your current panel provided its real/Taito, a Sega panel won't have enough).
Thanks man, might be cheaper if i buy 2 at once to save on shipping. Is there a website i can look at to see the different control sticker?

Also what exactly is the black block on top of the move list overlay? I saw video on youtube and i want to to do something like that but dont want to ruin the original. Can that be easily replace or removed or is that thing standard?

Also what exactly is the black block on top of the move list overlay? I saw video on youtube and i want to to do something like that but dont want to ruin the original. Can that be easily replace or removed or is that thing standard?
These are access holes for card readers to be installed.
Both of my cabs came with card readers, but inside they also included the original blocks/hole covers so I simply switched them back.

In that video he has some kind of homemade device installed into that space.
Its pretty neat, and no something like that wouldn't hurt the value at all because it requires no cab modifications (just swap it back later).

I believe @Derick2k was working on something like this for his cabs.

You know the more I look at that video the more I'm convinced that's not a real Vewlix but rather a Chewlix.
While I can't really see enough of the body a real Vewlix has a black LCD bezel and black speaker separator panel... On that cab its white.
The snob in me can't watch this video any longer. ;)

See black NOT white!
qMpzujg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These are access holes for card readers to be installed.Both of my cabs came with card readers, but inside they also included the original blocks/hole covers so I simply switched them back.

Its pretty neat, and no something like that wouldn't hurt the value at all because it requires no cab modifications (just swap it back later).

You know the more I look at that video the more I'm convinced that's not a real Vewlix but rather a Chewlix.
While I can't really see enough of the body a real Vewlix has a black LCD bezel and black speaker separator panel... On that cab its white.

See black NOT white!
qMpzujg.jpg
oh crap are you for real? The one i just bought from KC is white. im hoping you're wrong as i hate to have paid for a fake diamond.
48379460_369765907117168_7422279232148996096_n.jpg

Last edited:
These are access holes for card readers to be installed.Both of my cabs came with card readers, but inside they also included the original blocks/hole covers so I simply switched them back.

See black NOT white!
qMpzujg.jpg
oh crap are you for real? The one i just bought from KC is white. im hoping you're wrong as i hate to have paid for a fake diamond.
48379460_369765907117168_7422279232148996096_n.jpg
I don't think yours is fake but more of a pre-production model. Here is the link https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27246&start=60

I was in Japan and looked at 100's of them... Never saw a single white bezel/speaker surround Diamond.
See all black on all of 'em, regardless weather its a Diamond or classic Vewlix.
3OAHVYE.jpg

4xN8Nhl.jpg

It might not be a Chewlix, but I've never seen one in white before just FYI.

I think the proof will be in the monitor/LCD branding.
@suprawhite can you remove the back hatch and take a picture of the tag?
This is what's official/should be inside a Diamond cab unless its been replaced with something else...

IPS Alpha
8ZpqTr6.jpg

I don't believe the monitors with white bezels will match/they are something else.
Of course in the picture above I can't actually see the LCD bezel, only the metal bar across the top (that is white yes).

could be those were updated/refreshed at some point to match some game, etc....

If you Google Vewlix Blue Diamond there are a few with white strips under the speakers.
Absolutely. And that AO link shows it nicely if it's the thread I think it is.

There were what, half a dozen of them at least that have been found over the years?

We're almost ten years out now and still can't get blue diamond chewlixes. I know hellfromabove was trying to get some alibaba folks to make them but no luck.

Back