What's new
Want To Buy
Has anyone gotten confirmation lately whether KC's Vewlixes come with JVS IOs in them? I know that used to be a problem
Seems to be luck of the draw. I know two people who bought three cabs total the past couple of months. Two IOs and one without.

I'm still learning what all these arcade parts are. Is this a JVS IO??? If so mine came with one.

IMG_1192.jpg

What is the IO for? And what's is the difference between the regular and the fast IO? I'm pretty set on the Orange Vewlix Diamond and was wondering how easy or hard to have these connect to the factory Orange Vewlix Diamond harness. Good thing I asked and everyone here been extremely helpful. Without all of these information, I'll probably just look at the cabinet and call it a day. Now that I know, I'll check to see if the Orange Vewlix Diamond I'm interested in have any of these stuffs in order to seal the deal. Thank you all once again.

What is the IO for? And what's is the difference between the regular and the fast IO? I'm pretty set on the Orange Vewlix Diamond and was wondering how easy or hard to have these connect to the factory Orange Vewlix Diamond harness. Good thing I asked and everyone here been extremely helpful. Without all of these information, I'll probably just look at the cabinet and call it a day. Now that I know, I'll check to see if the Orange Vewlix Diamond I'm interested in have any of these stuffs in order to seal the deal. Thank you all once again.
Either will fit the Vewlix fine.

What will decide which IO you want is what you intend to play in it. I'll let someone who can explain more concisely cover it. Ideally just buy the one that doesn't come with the cab and be set for whatever it is you feel like putting in there.

Just pick up Orange Vewlix Diamond from KC.
Congrats on the purchase. :thumbup:

Here are my quick notes on the Orange Diamond:

It only comes with a specialized USB based io that only seems to work with the X4 thus far.
The main wire harness is different enough that it wont power the traditional JVS or Fast IO directly, you will need to splice or make an adapter harness with the right connectors.
The RFID card reader is wired completely different (its main pcb is completely different to the standard rfid) so you wont be able to use it either unless create your own harnesses for power and jvs, figure out the pinout, get the right connectors, etc..
The metal plate that holds the IO board is completely different and wont hold the traditional JVS or Fast IO
No JVS PSU
No light up marquee/instruction bar

Those are the main things I noticed. There's a few other things here and there.

Last edited:
It only comes with a specialized USB based io that only seems to work with the X4 thus far.
Seriously... Taito's already abandoned Fast IO for something else?
Possibly, need to see what the capabilities of this new USB IO are, I posted a pic of it somewhere.

Here's the pic of the one I have:

Taito USB IO Board.JPG

The last few years the new I/Os have been USB based. The problem is that they aren't always universal like the JVS I/Os were. For example, there are two types of USB I/O uysed for system 357 games but you cannot interchange them. Also games that do use the same USB I/O often are locked to a certain game. You would need to reprogram the bios of the I/O to accept working with another game.

This doesn't apply to all games/USB I/Os but it certainly makes it harder for home collectors than the JVS era.

Thanks Derick. My come with USB IO but he switch out for the JVS IO as I told him I might want to play SF4. The CP came with Magicians Dead and I made him switch with the one with control and 6 button. My front left stand broke from shipping and I have my friend weld it but still break so I put 2 washers to hold it. I almost get my the FC but since KC gave me a good deal on the Orange Vewlix Diamond, I decided to get it instead. Even he said the FC is more popular, but I had my mind set on the Orange Vewlix Diamond. You are right as the quality of the Orange Vewlix Diamond is not the same as the FC.

Now I got this cabinet put together but at the point of not knowing what to do. I probably going to put PS3 in and try to get what I need to get it running. It's a beautiful cabinet but just like Mitsurugi-w stated, it's not home collectors friendly. I just spent a premium for this cabinet and feel like I have lots more to spend to get it running the way I wanted. For example, the 2 players control panel conversion plus all other accessories like jassin000 used "HAS supergun, OSSC and DVDO iScan VP30". I was wondering if I made the right decision to switch to JVS IO instead of the USB IO. Secondly, I noticed the Orange Vewlix Diamond harness only have wiring for 1 player. If I decided to swap out for 2 players panel, do I have to get new wiring harness?

do I have to get new wiring harness?
If you route around in there there should be a second connector for 2P control harness to plug into (it'll look just like the 1P control harness plug). You just need a single AMP UP connector, some wire, and some time.

To toss a PS3 or something in there is pretty easy. Grab one of the brooks boards per player and call it a day. Oh, and one of those things that pulls audio out of an HDMI signal and disables HDCP. They're like $20 on Amazon.

This seems like a more busy thread so ill post here...

I bought Vewlix Diamond Blue & Vewlix FC from KC. I have a friend picking it up this Wednesday, is there something he should look for? We are both unfamiliar with the new HD cabs nor have i ever dealt with KC.

Thanks

Back