What's new
Want To Buy
Making your F have a comparable monitor was what, 18x that?
Well when your right your right...
Damn replacement 1080p LCD was 1600$ shipped (more than the OP is even willing to pay for the entire goddamn cab haha, and he asked me why I found his post funny).

Lol i'm not a baller when it comes to arcade cabs.

Yo Cereth i shot you a pm. Let me know!

Honestly after you get used to buying pinballs everything arcade seems cheaper. I'm out on the new pins, prices are insane now, I can't justify it anymore.

I've thought about adding a couple Vewlixes to my cab collection, but speaking of justify, it's hard when I already have linked low lag gaming monitors and tons of fightsticks. Not to mention the people who come play bring their own sticks, or hit boxes or whatever. I love cabs, but thousands in to basically duplicate what I already have with less flexibility, and taking up a lot more space, has held me back.

With 15khz games I need CRTs, they look assy on modern monitors, I don't care about super crisp OSSC looking graphics, I want the proper feel. With widescreen games an LCD is an LCD.

but speaking of justify, it's hard when I already have linked low lag gaming monitors and tons of fightsticks
You know I kinda feel the same way, even owning 3 cabs now...

The HAS supergun takes up virtually no space when I don't have it setup/active.
My cabs are heavy, and I've got no local friends, so I always just had to pay movers to lug 'em around to whatever apartment I'm renting at the time.
They take up a ton of space in these little city apartments as well.
Also similar to pins, official Taito parts are god damn expensive!

So yea, now that I'm down the rabbit hole so to type... I guess I'm going to keep on going.
But an honest word of caution to anyone new thinking about taking the same leap.
From a logic standpoint, I think I've lost my mind. ;)

Well I bought my first pin, picking it up this weekend. Cheaper than a vewlix :)

I get where Jassin is coming from, CRTs are dead, sure we are doing everything we can to hold onto them, but once our generation is gone, I don’t think anyone else will want to try to keep it CRTs going, all we can do is enjoy what we can for as long as we can.

I have no problem gaming on lcd, sure the old games don’t look as great but it is what it is, gotta work with what’s available to you. And let’s face it, not everyone wants to or can deal with troubleshooting/servicing their own crt/chassis, etc.. once shops like Sharper Image, Jomac, etc...closes up shop I doubt anyone will want to open up shop to service CRTs, same for arcade pcbs, you have a few guys sprinkled around the world still doing this and even they are super difficult to accept new customers, if they do some some have a backlog of like years.

Eventually, it will all most likely have to be perfectly emulated in software or hardware, like fpga, etc....it’s the way things are going unfortunately.

So basically we are going to end up using low lag gaming monitors, OSSC type devices, emulate hardware with fpgas, etc.. to get our gaming on. :) But may real arcade hardware live forever :D

We are diviating from the OP tread but... for me I reached the end of this journey and trying to down size starting with my Cabs and Arcade hardware.

For anyone new -
Go cheap and go emulators -

Option one - pickup a 4K LCD choose your size preference and use retroarch and crt-royale-kurozumi.slangp.. I was introduced to crt-royale-kurozumi.slangp by a tread that is going on at SHMUPS.. I have issues with LCD and scanlines but crt-royale-kurozumi.slangp looks very good with MAME and you have run ahead.

Option two - Pickup a PC crt and run emudriver and retroarc or GroovyMame.

Option three - pickup a TV with S-Video and use the above steps.

Option for RGB monitor - go this route only if you find a good deal and willing to spend more on scart hardware but I really can not recommend this route due to the cost associated with it.

we all have our love console that we just want to play the real hardware and I say go for it.. as far as buying games for those retro consoles go EverDrive because buying the real carts is too expensive and doesn't make sense.

Gonna have to lookup this crt-royale-kurozumi.slangp and see what’s up with that.
Can you post more info about it??

for me I reached the end of this journey and trying to down size starting with my Cabs and Arcade hardware
I'm not looking to downsize, but until/unless I actually buy/own a house I think I need to stop.
It's become a huge hassle to house not only myself and my little dog, but also a increasing in size personal arcade.

I wasn't joking or being dramatic when I said I had no local friends to help, last two times I've moved these machines I had to hire people.
This last move, because I demanded three guys and a company with full coverage insurance (incase they dropped it down two flights of stairs) ran me 1400$.

Before I owned any cabs I thought all I had to do was buy 'em, but now I understand that's not enough if you intend to keep them.

lol moving a Vewlix is easy. Try moving a Sega Twin unit or a DDR cab up and down stairs. :S

hell even a MK/KI cab weighs over 400lbs.

Try moving a Sega Twin unit or a DDR cab up and down stairs.
Oh hell yea man!
You do own your home tho, so a move for you I suspect isn't likely in the next 3~5 years?
I've moved almost every 1.5 years without fail, never by my own choice/preference I'm ashamed to admit...
A crazy life, the divorce of my 1st wife, the death of my 2nd wife, failed relationships and dead end jobs. :S

Sorry to take this off topic but I have to say this. Jassin you're a joke. Just because you're a dumb ass to pay stupid prices for shit doesn't give you the right to be a cunt to someone else.

So next time before laughing at someone think for a second that it might be you everyone else is laughing at when you. I know I am

Just because you're a dumb ass to pay stupid prices for shit doesn't give you the right to be a cunt to someone else.
While true (and I did apologise after @Tw3ek called me out) where do you suggest someone get a "smart" (under 1500$) price on a Vewlix cab?
As that was the entire point of this post, why don't you show us how/where this can be done.

I'm sure the original poster will appreciate this more than pointing out my mistake.
Don't you?

P.S. The down vote was from me, not for being wrong tho... But for being as big of a douchebag as I was.
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
well there is 10 for sale on here for 1400. So maybe there.

You may have "apologized" but you will do this same act next week on another thread.

My statement was as a whole to you and not to do with thread.

This isn’t funny but I literally bust out laughing cuz I thought we all took our shots then hugged and made up. Me and Jassin already made amends. Aurich and Rewrite reeled me in with valid points. I don’t want my first real post to end on a sour note.

Guys I just want my 1st vewlix cab. I haven’t heard from Cereth. KC has several for $1500 that I will most likely snag one from. Wish I could play with you big boy C and F model vewlix owners. But I can’t, I already have and expensive hobby and that’s fast cars

My statement was as a whole to you and not to do with thread.
Corey apparently has a ongoing problem with things I've said across more than just this thread.
I never knew he felt this way until now, and honestly if he really did feel this way, I wish he had PM'd me earlier to express it.

I did PM him... But it seems he has no interest in advancing/continuing the conversation privately.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already have and expensive hobby and that’s fast cars
Man, do I know how expensive cars can get! X/ Its just as in any hobby/collector shit mentality really, nothing wrong with it. Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, we all know that.

I tend to, at times, overpay for quality/nicer/feature rich things. I grew up almost dirt poor (hell I still consider myself poor- I dont qualify as middle class, there is no such thing anyway, Im working class). I appreciate the better things in life only for the sole fact that I am not rich enough to buy garbage that will break easier/not perform as well, etc..cause I cant afford to buy it again, does that make sense?! Well, it does to me. Plus fuck it, its my $$ and Ill spend it how I want. Most rich people buy cheap as fuck shit well because they are afraid of finding themselves not being rich, and because they are fucking cheap, how do you think they became rich :D . I will in no way tell anyone how to spend their money, etc..I didnt earn it so it's not my place to give a fuck about it. I will however give my opinion on something as it relates to me and my needs/wants/etc...

I forgot the other problem with cabs: once you're used to playing linked you never want to share a control panel again, so the only way I'd ever want a Vewlix would be if I got at least two. :P

All my Astro Cities are linked, I couldn't go back. If you're just playing on your own that's one thing, but I host a weekly, my cabs aren't really for me, they're for group play. I often don't bother to turn them on when I'm by myself.
Well I bought my first pin, picking it up this weekend.
Sweet! What did you get? I've been downsizing my pins slowly, from a peak of 11, down to 4 now. Just sold my last EM, a really nice Abra Ca Dabra.

Back