What's new
Maybe @Arthrimus can make an adapter pcb to go from the G1 to G connections.
I was not aware that the USB IO uses a pinout for the G harness. Does Taito not make some sort of adapter kit for operators running JVS/Fast IO setups in the Diamond Orange?

I was not aware that the USB IO uses a pinout for the G harness. Does Taito not make some sort of adapter kit for operators running JVS/Fast IO setups in the Diamond Orange?
Not sure if Taito does have one, most likely not since they moved on from the vewlix it seems. If they do release any games going forward for use in the vewlix orange/back it will probably be USB IO based.

One issue with the G1 while using the USB IO is that its pinout only shows support for P1 only, the pinout doesn't have details for a P2 hookup, which makes sense since they also use the USB control panel PCB to add controller support.

Might not be worthwhile after all to pursue making an adapter for the G1 harness.

Not sure if Taito does have one, most likely not since they moved on from the vewlix it seems. If they do release any games going forward for use in the vewlix orange/back it will probably be USB IO based.

One issue with the G1 while using the USB IO is that its pinout only shows support for P1 only, the pinout doesn't have details for a P2 hookup, which makes sense since they also use the USB control panel PCB to add controller support.

Might not be worthwhile after all to pursue making an adapter for the G1 harness.
Interesting. Does this only affect the Vewlix Diamond Orange, or are there other variants that have this G1 harness?

And all Vewlix updated to SFV. My Vewlix F came with the control panel update, the most modern LCD monitor with HDMI and all the necessary wiring for USB i/o like the G1.
Wow, some nice updates they did there.

I believe its only the orange that has the G1 harness.

And all Vewlix updated to SFV. My Vewlix F came with the control panel update, the most modern LCD monitor with HDMI and all the necessary wiring for USB i/o like the G1.

I see. Well I think that my stance on this will be that the Console I/O is designed for Vewlix models that are fitted with the original G harness. If a user has a SFV converted Vewlix or a Daimond Orange then the Console I/O is not supported unless the user replaces the G1 harness with a traditional G harness. I don't think it would be worthwhile for me to design an adapter or a different variant of the Console I/O for such a limited use case.

I see. Well I think that my stance on this will be that the Console I/O is designed for Vewlix models that are fitted with the original G harness. If a user has a SFV converted Vewlix or a Daimond Orange then the Console I/O is not supported unless the user replaces the G1 harness with a traditional G harness. I don't think it would be worthwhile for me to design an adapter or a different variant of the Console I/O for such a limited use case.
Agree. Better to get the G harness and be done with it.

@Arthrimus the bug in the firmware you found? Is it only when coupled with your other hardware? Or in general? Because I don’t have any thing to update it with (need some hardware for that I guess)

@Arthrimus the bug in the firmware you found? Is it only when coupled with your other hardware? Or in general? Because I don’t have any thing to update it with (need some hardware for that I guess)
The bug was introduced by the changes that I made to support the RMAF, so none of the boards that I have shipped are affected.

My G connector is missing wires for buttons 7 and 8, guessing this is normal. Are most people pinning them or wiring direct to Brooks or Arthrimus IO? I'd prefer to pin them if someone can point me to the part numbers.

IMG_4921.jpeg

I ordered these 2P x 8 button harnesses that have separate connectors for buttons 7 and 8 that I'll also need to fine the matching connector for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173864002976

1713360381413.png

My G connector is missing wires for buttons 7 and 8, guessing this is normal. Are most people pinning them or wiring direct to Brooks or Arthrimus IO? I'd prefer to pin them if someone can point me to the part numbers.

IMG_4921.jpeg
You have a few options. You could pin the G harness for button 7 and 8, you could pin a JST XH connector for Auxiliary Harness 2 which has buttons 7 and 8 on it, or you could connect button 7 and 8 directly to your Brook boards. Whatever option is most convenient for you.

IMG_4921.jpeg

I ordered these 2P x 8 button harnesses that have separate connectors for buttons 7 and 8 that I'll also need to fine the matching connector for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173864002976

1713360381413.png
They're JST-YL: https://order.jst-mfg.com/InternetShop/app/pdf_show?kbn=1&key=eYL.pdf

You have a few options. You could pin the G harness for button 7 and 8, you could pin a JST XH connector for Auxiliary Harness 2 which has buttons 7 and 8 on it, or you could connect button 7 and 8 directly to your Brook boards. Whatever option is most convenient for you.
What is pinout for Auxiliary 1 and 2 on the IO board? I couldn't find it documented.

Does anyone have some extra RA-SC1290 pins they can sell me? I can only find them in huge quantities.

Back