What's new
Ok...I was never gonna run JVS....and I still might not...but with one of those, it would be a heck of a lot easier.

Hello,

this is my current solution to having console i/o and jvs i/o in the same vewlix cab. It sucks that i have to unplug the G harness from 1 i/o to the next but until this brilliant man @Arthrimus come out with that solution this is what i do.

i dont have to remove the power adaptor to the console i/o because it gets power from the usb.

they both fit side by side and i got an angle usb cable for the jvs i/o since a regular straight one wont fit and the board are held by some pcbs legs and double sided tape
Dumb question but for V2 do we need to connect P1? I keep moving the connector over from JVS board but if it's not really needed that would be cool.

Also super excited to have a way for both to coexist. Definitely going to pickup one and the touchpad harnesses I missed.

Dumb question but for V2 do we need to connect P1? I keep moving the connector over from JVS board but if it's not really needed that would be cool.
Also super excited to have a way for both to coexist. Definitely going to pickup one and the touchpad harnesses I missed.
hello,

should be the same as V1 in power wise.

Thanks @KingSopz! Wasn't sure if it was needed. Tried it out last night and it worked, but my noobness wondered if it was indeed needed for something.

It is not necessary to connect P1 to the Console I/O. All P1 does on the console I/O is pass +12v straight through to P2. It's only there in case you have some sort of accessory that needs +12v from P2.

It's only there in case you have some sort of accessory that needs +12v from P2.
Same as the official JVS IO (aka you did it right).
yYUFX7I.png

Thanks guys! I can leave it on my JVS for my nesica reader that does nothing haha. Good to know just utilized as a passthrough.

Something I was wondering is which harness can I buy for 2 player for this? The Vewlix Diamond I got can with a 1 Player panel and I am going to put a 2 Player panel but I don't know what harness to buy for it.

@Crimson Kino if your Diamond is complete working for 1player all you need to do is add a K harness (thats what Taito calls it).
I believe @Lemony Vengeance still makes these for a reasonable price.

You CAN order directly from Taito, but they won't sell you just the K.
You'll be forced to buy the entire harness (J+K but you already have J) and its like 180$ shipped with fees.

Full J+K harness from Taito
UDZwUlT.jpg

Me making a homebrew K only (missing crimp/connector)
FfwZ7tK.jpg

The receiving harness comes with the cab and should already be inside yours (if 1player is complete/working).
4FuVMON.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Arthrimus I was going to buy the touchpad harness but for 2 players, I would need to buy 2, right? Also, for the AUX harness, where would I get that from? I wanted to see if I can get @Lemony Vengeance to make me one, but he hasn't answered to my PM yet about the 2 player K harness

Hi,
I've receive my brook fighting board, but from what I understand, I need to solder pin headers on it so I can connect it to the I/O PCB ?

If you ordered one with the pin headers already on, there's no need. It's the one on the bottom left.

Attachments

• ps4plus-jcc_1024x1024.png
    ps4plus-jcc_1024x1024.png
    211.5 KB · Views: 253
As of today I am announcing that the Vewlix Console I/O V3 is available. With the V3 I have yet again upgraded to a microcontroller with more I/O which allows me to add support for L3 and R3 emulation for player 1 and 2. All other functionality remains the same.

The Touchpad Button cables that I already sell will now also support L3 and R3 with the Console I/O V3. Pricing remains the same as before. You can purchase the V3 Console I/O here.

Last edited:
@Arthrimus I was going to buy the touchpad harness but for 2 players, I would need to buy 2, right? Also, for the AUX harness, where would I get that from? I wanted to see if I can get @Lemony Vengeance to make me one, but he hasn't answered to my PM yet about the 2 player K harness
I've been lazy, and on top of lazy I've been sick with covid-19 :( working on harness restocks now.

I've been lazy, and on top of lazy I've been sick with covid-19 :( working on harness restocks now.
oh no dude. Hope you're okay and feelng better

Back