What's new

FrancoB

Champion
Reaction score
One of the Dia Blues I picked up recently was displaying FAN STOP when the cab was switched on and would then proceed to shut down. I fixed mine so thought I would share details here in case any one else has a similar issue.

20220321_202720-L.jpg

Shout out to @Tonybolony for giving me a heads up of where to look.

Remove the monitor from the cab and place on a suitable soft surface so you don't scratch the glass or frame. Comfy slippers are optional.

20220325_114850-L.jpg

Remove 7x M4 posi screws from the bottom and RHS of the outer shield:

20220325_114855_RINGED-L.jpg

Remove 3x M4 posi screws from the LHS of the outer shield:

20220325_114900_RINGED-L.jpg

The outer shield can then be lifted off.

The fan is attached to the under side of the inner shield/monitor mount. Remove the 4x M4 posi screws accessed from the holes above:

20220325_114326_RINGED-L.jpg

The inner shield/monitor mount can then be carefully lifted up and placed on the LHS. Take care as the fan is attached to the underside.

20220325_111146-L.jpg

You can instantly see my problem. One of the vanes has snapped off. I've not powered the cab on with this disassembled but the missing vane has either killed the fan or it's not getting up to speed. Either way the fan isn't getting up to the correct speed and the sense wire/monitor is seeing this and shutting the monitor down.

20220325_111152-L.jpg

This is what I chose as a replacement:

20220325_111415-XL.jpg

Nidec Beta SL 80mm, 24V Fan. D08A-24PU [Ebay Link]

You'll want a 3 pin 24v fan. I chose one with a similar power draw. The original fan was 15mm wide and the replacement is 25mm. There is loads of room under the shield so no problems there, you'll just need some different mounting screws.

The fan is connected at CN4.

Fan replaced. I chopped the connector of the original fan and soldered it onto the new fan:

20220325_113927-L.jpg

You should then just be able to assemble everything in the reverse order.

The monitor in my other Dia Blue was working but I pulled the monitor whilst cleaning the cab so I decided to take a look. This one was pretty filthy:

20220322_211754-L.jpg

I cleaned the outside of the shield/monitor and took it apart for a look inside:

20220322_212407-L.jpg

That one was pretty gunked up but not enough to slow down the fan enough to trigger the error. I just removed the fan, gave it a good clean and reinstalled it.

I think the fan in Tony's cab was dirty enough to give him the FAN STOP error and he just needed to clean his rather than replace it.

No more error :D

i-jkcrX9Q-X2.jpg

glad you got it sorted , its annoying if it happens it refuses to display a picture

Nice to see you back in action and posting again brother, you have been missed. Hope all is well.

Cheers bud! All good here thanks, I hope you're well too. It's nice to have some cabs again to tinker with, just slow going with a 15 month old. Hoping I can contribute more when time allows :thumbup:

Bumping this thread as it's the top entry in search results for this error and because I have something to contribute for any future people encountering it:

When I first got my cab this year I would get this error maybe 1 in 5 times and power cycling or giving the back of the monitor a slap sorted it. It gradually got worse and worse until the cab became unusable.

I finally bit the bullet and took the monitor out, dismantled the frame and pulled out the glass and gave those a clean then took a deep breath and opened up the monitor itself, expecting to find like @FrancoB a dirty or damaged fan. It didn't look very dirty but I stuck my finger in the spokes to stop it spinning (you risk damaging the fan otherwise) and blasted it with compressed air a couple of times over anyway and now it works (for now)!

Basically even if it looks decent enough, clean it anyway, it may be dirty enough to stop it spinning at the RPM the sensors want it to regardless.

Hope this helps someone.

IMG_1064 Large.jpeg

IMG_1070 Large.jpeg

I spoke too soon, the new year has barely begun and back to FAN STOP on every power on. No damage, no gunk, everything firmly seated.

These monitors are rendered junk because of this failsafe that seemingly can't be worked around.

Back