What's new

Frequensie

Student
Reaction score
Just to preface, I picked up a Lindbergh cab and of course wanted to give it an appropriate theme to match Tekken on a Noir or Street Fighter on a Vewlix; unfortunately the cabinet I bought came with Guilty Gear art instead, and I couldn't find anyone selling Final Showdown art sets, nor any high-resolution scans online. On top of that, the APM3 cabinets that run VF eSports commercially don't use horizontal instruction sheets to begin with. So instead, I went ahead and put together a set based on the assets for Ultimate Showdown / eSports, which are much more readily available in high-resolution.

Given I had a hard time finding anything ready to print, I figured I would share it with the community as well.

So to start, the marquee looks like this:
VF5US_Lindbergh_Marquee_final.jpg
VFeS_Lindbergh_Marquee_final.jpg

The easiest part by far, just involved upscaling the key art since it was already very high-resolution, and applying the logos used on the official poster (APM3 marquees are more square and tend to have less logos, I find). I've already done a print of this myself for my own machine, and it looks great.

Much harder then was the instruction sheet; for this I pulled all of the assets and move notation/formatting from the online manual for the game, and then added a simple drop shadow for contrast. I also saved a version without the drop shadow if you prefer the flatter look.
VF5US_Instruction_Card_final.jpg

All moves listed are the same as the ones on an official Final Showdown instruction sheet--while I don't own one myself, I went to a local arcade that had some still active and took photos.

Only other piece of the puzzle is the smaller guide sheet that sits on the panel above the controls. I couldn't find any good samples for this online, so I've ordered a few pieces from a vanilla VF5 cabinet since the fundamentals don't change much. Once I scan and re-size that, if it turns out nicely I'll share it here too.

If anyone would like to print a copy for themselves, both files are available at full-resolution at Archive.org

It occured to me this thread would be more appropriate for the artwork section, and I have another image resource to add, so I'll cross-post it there. To round out this thread though, here's a photo of what the finished marquee looks like when printed.

4gnccv.jpg

Turned out well, I'd say.

Excellent work !

I'm not really a marquee person but that looks great !

Last edited:
Back