What's new

justsomedude

Beginner
Reaction score
I recently purchased this Rastan upright and want to replace the coin door (which currently does not work) with the more traditional red coin slots.

I'm new to upright repairs so any advice/guidance on where to start, including parts, would be appreciated.

Thank you!

1668989237191.png

I would keep the original door and replace the coin mechs, can you take a picture of what's inside?

Unfortunately no key was included (this was disclosed by the seller). Should I drill it out?
No. That's the last resort. I would first try accessing the back panel and then prying up the carriage bolts on the CP.

If you gain access you remove the monitor and remove the tang. I would try to identify the coin box model by first getting a model of your cab. There should be a tag on the back hatch if you can make it in there

No. That's the last resort. I would first try accessing the back panel and then prying up the carriage bolts on the CP.

If you gain access you remove the monitor and remove the tang. I would try to identify the coin box model by first getting a model of your cab. There should be a tag on the back hatch if you can make it in there

OK. Thank you. I will follow up once I get inside the back.

This is clearly not an original Taito cab... Can you tell just by looking at it what it might be from?

Well. Its a woody and has distinctive shape and CP. You will have a much better chance by either googling dynamo or creating a "what is this cab?" thread. Your better off figuring out how to get into than by satisfying that urge by butchering it.

Definitely not a Dynamo. Klov would know for sure what it is

Looks like it’s a Stern (???), with maybe the original coin door…
9E94EB84-477E-44ED-B8D1-4D7E35E739EA.jpeg

4BF12675-BB5D-4168-917B-4489E0BD2B97.jpeg

FDE8B2F2-6BCD-4815-A987-F1E0B85421B4.jpeg

Back