What's new

Franco23444

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hello everyone, yesterday, I got a Namco System rack c system that came with time crisis 3, I was originally going to use the system with another game but I decided that I would like to keep it the way it is. I want to be able to play time crisis 3 on a crt tv. What components do I need to get in order to be able to play? Thanks!

You need a gun board/gun/gun I/o and some other pcb s . It’s a real pain in the ass to find this all if you don’t have a full set. Also there is loads of wiring involved. I know as I own a complete setup. Best way for you is to play the PlayStation 2 version with a gun plug and play

and use your 246 for something else :)

Dang! That’s really unfortunate! I was hoping to play it, oh well, thanks for the heads up. Just in case, what pcbs might I need?

You need

Gun
Gun pcb
I/o pcb
Video signal pcb
All the wiring
Also the pedal to hide

if you google time crisis 3 arcade pcb you find everything you need and some headache as well haha

Thanks for the reply! I just got one more question, what is the gun pcb, i know how the I/O looks, but what is the gun pcb used for? How does it look like?

@Franco23444

This is the I/o

C60EA72B-9127-4549-A7B3-8928C1CD37F8.jpeg
This is the gun I/o

3F4F9F63-96EE-4D00-A796-18E75E4235C9.jpeg
And you also need a special pcb that goes from the gun I/o to a rgb/vga pass tru and also you need the gun

you need all the interlink wiring

the pedal and also a amp for the sound

so again a pain in the ass and total not with it imho

Once again, thank you for your replies, I see, it does look like a pain in the ass to set up lol! I’ll try to revisit this in the future if I get bored. Thank you!!! :)

Actually, I’m might take this up as a challenge for myself, I’ll try to find most of the parts and set it up, I was hoping to make a racing cabinet for ridge racer v but I’m not sure how I would set it up and if it would run on a Namco system 246 b board. Plus, even though I got the 2x6 multi dongle to get ridge racer v running, I bet the parts for that game are even more expensive 🤔😅

@Franco23444

This is the I/o

C60EA72B-9127-4549-A7B3-8928C1CD37F8.jpeg
This is the gun I/o

3F4F9F63-96EE-4D00-A796-18E75E4235C9.jpeg
And you also need a special pcb that goes from the gun I/o to a rgb/vga pass tru and also you need the gun

you need all the interlink wiring

the pedal and also a amp for the sound

so again a pain in the ass and total not with it imho
Is that I/O board really needed or can I just use the gun i/o pcb to play the game? I plan on using the RGB to ntsc Namco converter and I found someone selling the whole wiring set up but I didn’t see anything about the first I/O board. I also was reviewing the schematics and saw no mention of that I/O pcb. I really want to know :)

Is that I/O board really needed or can I just use the gun i/o pcb to play the game? I plan on using the RGB to ntsc Namco converter and I found someone selling the whole wiring set up but I didn’t see anything about the first I/O board. I also was reviewing the schematics and saw no mention of that I/O pcb. I really want to know :)
You don`t need that i/o board for TC2 or TC3 it is only used in the DX units with the ir emitter guns with the camera for standard guns on a crt monitor you only need the gun i/o board all the wiring diagrams are in the sd manual so not to difficult to put together a TC3 setup

You don`t need that i/o board for TC2 or TC3 it is only used in the DX units with the ir emitter guns with the camera for standard guns on a crt monitor you only need the gun i/o board all the wiring diagrams are in the sd manual so not to difficult to put together a TC3 setup
Thank you for your reply, like I said before, I got a whole wiring set with the I/O board coming today, I’m wondering, since I have the RGB to NTSC SVideo Namco converter, will I be able to hook it up to a crt tv and play it that way? With out a RGB monitor? I really don’t care much for picture quality and even on composite video, it looks really sharp and great on my crt tv.

Thank you for your reply, like I said before, I got a whole wiring set with the I/O board coming today, I’m wondering, since I have the RGB to NTSC SVideo Namco converter, will I be able to hook it up to a crt tv and play it that way? With out a RGB monitor? I really don’t care much for picture quality and even on composite video, it looks really sharp and great on my crt tv.
I have only ever run my TC3 RGB but the NTSC converter should work ok just make sure you have the sync wire also connected to the gun i/o board and you should be good.
Having a complete loom makes hooking it all up so much easier half the battle is already won i did mine the hard way and built the complete loom from scratch

I have only ever run my TC3 RGB but the NTSC converter should work ok just make sure you have the sync wire also connected to the gun i/o board and you should be good.
Having a complete loom makes hooking it all up so much easier half the battle is already won i did mine the hard way and built the complete loom from scratch
Damn, that must have been a pain in the ass, well I just hope everything works when it arrives. Thank you for you help and if I have any more questions , I’ll make sure to ask over here.

Well, I got everything today, hooked it up and it all worked!!!! It worked though composite video on my sad 13” Mini mouse crt tv. That’s the only cheap crt I could find, but hey, my set up is fully functional. :)
DD1784CF-5D42-4D50-ACAC-1A2BB3757899.jpeg

Seriously? They are still giving away tons of free or super cheap CRT TVs on Craigslist near me.

There's someone trashing a Sony Trinitron or CRT rear projection TV almost every day.

Given that almost every house in the civilized world had at least one CRT TV, I'm sure it won't tale long to find one on Craigslist near you. Especially if you only need one with SVideo.

Seriously? They are still giving away tons of free or super cheap CRT TVs on Craigslist near me.

There's someone trashing a Sony Trinitron or CRT rear projection TV almost every day.

Given that almost every house in the civilized world had at least one CRT TV, I'm sure it won't tale long to find one on Craigslist near you. Especially if you only need one with SVideo.
Sadly here in my area in NC, there is nothing. I tried searching and I couldn’t find anything. There are none in pawn shops or at thrift stores and if I do manage to find one, they slap it with the whole vintage retro craze bull crap and want an insane amount of money for it lol! I’ll keep searching though :)

Sadly here in my area in NC, there is nothing. I tried searching and I couldn’t find anything. There are none in pawn shops or at thrift stores and if I do manage to find one, they slap it with the whole vintage retro craze bull crap and want an insane amount of money for it lol! I’ll keep searching though :)
I just had a quick look out of curiosity at Craigslist NC and it took me around 6 seconds to find multiple free Sony Trinitrons.

I don't know what area of NC you're in but I tried 3 different ones on Craigslist and all had free or nearly free CRT TVs.

Forget thrift stores and pawn shops. Nobody can be bothered to drag a 100lb crt TV to a shop for the sake of the $5 they might get for their trouble.

People offer them free on Craigslist because they want somebody to come and dispose of it for them. If they get no response, they literally dump them on the street.

I mean, playing on the actual arcade hardware is a lot cooler in my opinion.
Does a Guncon 2 even work with Time Crisis 3 on a 246? I thought TC3 on the 246 needed the gun I/O to work. I haven't heard of anyone playing it with a guncon 2 connected directly to it's USB port.

I play the game on my PS2 consoles using converted Time Crisis arcade guns and pedals. The game is identical to the arcade which is no surprise as it runs on the same hardware.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D4inp1dGN4

The only advantage to the using the arcade version is that it controls outputs for recoil.

I had to set my gun's recoil up with an Ne555 board to make it recoil once when I tap the trigger and full auto when I hold it down like this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DatfpMFmIcc

It's obviously better if the game controls recoil though. I just decided that, for me, it was worth that compromise to be able to play a bunch of different shooters on the same cab without the hassle of changing PCBs, I/O boards and gun tech every time.

Back