What's new

ArcSys101

Professional
Reaction score
I have an used tru rated power supply a 250watt , will it be safe to run my naomi1 and naomi2 motherboards?

rancor

Professional
Reaction score
I saw I got a mention. I've been using Dreamcast PSUs for over 10 years now. They're cheap, plentiful, easy to wire up, and ultra-reliable:

zombie343

Student
Reaction score
@rancor just to clarify, will a dreamcast PSU like the one shown in your picture, also work in Naomi+Netdimm+Netboot situation? (I ask because your picture doesn't shown any game cart or netdimm).

zombie343

Student
Reaction score
As others have said, there is a NetDIMM in there. See the red/white "512mb" sticker and the silver ethernet jack? No problems whatsoever.
My apologies, I quickly mistook the opening for a missing netdimm altogether. Appreciate the second pair of eyes.

nonosto

Grand Master
Reaction score
Can we use an ATX for NUC/NNC cabinet? All cable adpter I saw missing the third plug for the screen? Does exist a good ATX PSU with 5 V adjustable?

Hydreigon

Student
Reaction score
Going to make a quick reply. Would there be an ATX psu that is good for being left on in an arcade environment (around 12 hours a day continuous)? This would be useful for operating those later games running on location (Crazy Taxi, 18 Wheeler, Initial D, House of the Dead 2, Ghost Squad).

nonosto

Grand Master
Reaction score
some of PC run 20h per day 700 W required or more know with last GPU.

RandomRetro

Professional
Reaction score
@rancor Are the grey wires off the Dreamcast PSU powering a Pi in the setup? If so what connector are you using if you don't mind me asking?

nem

Enlightened
Reaction score
@rancor Are the grey wires off the Dreamcast PSU powering a Pi in the setup? If so what connector are you using if you don't mind me asking?
The grey wires are for the power button.

You could power a Pi from the CN12 header on the Naomi. The connector series is JST NH. Here's an adapter made by Mitsurugi-w if you don't want to build one yourself:

Naomi-2-RasPi power harness

Marvabetic

Beginner
Reaction score
Just by any chance, does anyone know if the stock Sega NNC PSU would be enough to power a Naomi NetBoot setup?