What's new
All this feedback has been fab! Thx folks!

So on the Sanwa wire topic, I think tops has wire even cheaper than akishop?
https://www.tops-game.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=3278

Also this looks interesting... Don't think this is Sanwa, but a complete set to wire a jamma harness?
https://www.tops-game.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=5282
1629946188265.png

I love the unique solid/stripes colors for each non-power based wire!

Anyone placed an order with Akishop recently? I vaguely recall something about something mumble mumble, but can't remember the details. Are they still shipping?

Anyone placed an order with Akishop recently? I vaguely recall something about something mumble mumble, but can't remember the details. Are they still shipping?
How recently? I ordered from there in February and it worked well, but took them like 2 weeks to ship out the stuff (some connectors).

Also, any recommendation for wires in EU?

I have a partially shipped order from Nov '21 that took months
Normally I have had amazing experiences with them, but recently not so much. 1st part of my Nov '21 order took about 2 months to ship and I still have not received the rest. To make matters worse, they are not replying to my emails.

:(

Haven't ordered within the last year but they've always, ALWAYS been slow to ship. If you're okay waiting a few months, they're the cheapest around, but I find you're not saving tons unless you're spending hundreds on parts and may as well buy from someone else that will ship faster. Also hope akishop doesn't forget or ship wrong parts because that's even longer (speaking from experience).

I stopped buying from Akishop after they took two months to send me an order for a 2P panel fit out *AND* when it arrived the sticks were missing…

Tops have a wide range of parts with a slightly higher shipping cost. Maybe worth looking into as an alternative if you want to source straight from Japan.

You don’t need an account. You just select one of the items you want to buy. Then send the list of goods through in the order details.

Tops' recent shipping charges are goddamn outrageous and it feels like they're trying to make up for the weak yen vs the dollar or something. When Buyee of all sites is charging half for the same size box and same speed you're doing something wrong. I asked for an alternative quote for a recent order and they offered me DHL at double the price of the EMS they had quoted me.

EMS from Japan is not available for many countries at the moment.

Tops have always charged me exactly what is written on the package plus PayPal fees. They’ve even gone to the hassle of refunding me 50 yen one time because they overcharged me for post.

Kuroneko Yamoto underwritten by DHL is the best “bang for buck” service but unsure if they use it. Flat rate boxes from them are very reasonable and time efficient.

You could always use @Joko3 as a proxy from Tops when he gets up and running again.

Maybe it's just EMS that's crazy lately then, most of my ordering from Japan lately has been with other shipping services. I really don't order from Tops much (and definitely not wire) but yeah I have @Joko3 in mind if I ever need something again.

Tops' recent shipping charges are goddamn outrageous and it feels like they're trying to make up for the weak yen vs the dollar or something. When Buyee of all sites is charging half for the same size box and same speed you're doing something wrong. I asked for an alternative quote for a recent order and they offered me DHL at double the price of the EMS they had quoted me.
Buyee gets a MASSIVE discount because of the volume they ship. More than just niche arcade games are bought using them. Tops is doing nothing wrong; they are a very small business. Shipping at a low volume means you pay full price.

Maybe it's just EMS that's crazy lately then, most of my ordering from Japan lately has been with other shipping services. I really don't order from Tops much (and definitely not wire) but yeah I have @Joko3 in mind if I ever need something again.
All rates from Japan Post have gone up because of the yen. It's currently 135 yen to $1. Yamato Express has gone up as well; their current rates online are not accurate.

Any package that comes from me always comes with pictures of the receipt. I will never overcharge for shipping. Everyone pays exactly what I paid.

Yeah that makes sense, I just had sticker shock I think because thanks to the dollar/yen situation I finally felt like I was getting a deal at Tops and then the shipping price hit and I had that "oh..." moment. The Buyee volume discount thing makes total sense though, I'm really no longer a prolific orderer of stuff from Japan so it's hard to know what's normal.

Is EMS to the US even available? The last few orders I've had from Murder Channel and other labels have all been via SAL because EMS wasn't available, last one was in March.

Is EMS to the US even available? The last few orders I've had from Murder Channel and other labels have all been via SAL because EMS wasn't available, last one was in March.
Yes, it's available. It opened back up about a year ago. Almost everything I've shipped this year to the US has been via EMS unless it's something really heavy in which case Yamato Express is cheaper. There was a very brief period EMS wasn't available, but it was very short. Regular airmail is not available, however.

Yes, it's available. It opened back up about a year ago. Almost everything I've shipped this year to the US has been via EMS unless it's something really heavy in which case Yamato Express is cheaper. There was a very brief period EMS wasn't available, but it was very short. Regular airmail is not available, however.
Well wtf, I wonder why they would only ship via SAL. Took like 3-4 months each time.

They are still around, but ridiculously slow. I once waited six weeks for some buttons, and I live 20km away lol. Now I use Mak, I get my items in two days, sometimes the next day.

Back