What's new

GumGum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got bunch of cabs but to my surprise only handful of cabs have buttons glowing under UV black blue light.
Neon green glows for sure but the pink balltop + push buttons are not glowing at all.
Just wondering if anyone have the list of colors for Sanwa/Seimitsu buttons that will glow under UV Black Blue Light.\?

The Seimitsu Keikou buttons and balltops do.

4C095EAF-2BB2-4A02-A98C-D54B9364CE25.jpeg

I have black lights in my game room and I also am constantly looking for things that react. Whether it be ball tops, buttons, or posters and figures for the game room. Things you would think react many times don't. And things you wouldn't sometimes will surprise you!

I'm in between moves atm so everything is in storage, but off the top off top my head, Seimitsu Keikou series like DJSheep said, Sanwa Translucent yellow buttons also glow as they are not really yellow but a weird greenish yellow. Seimitsu makes a ball top that matches these Sanwa buttons, SEIMITSU LB-39 Clear BUBBLE TOP - CLEAR GREEN YELLOW. Also the new Qanba Gravity buttons have one that react, QANBA GRAVITY TRANSLUCENT 30mm Mechanical Pushbutton - TRANSLUCENT YELLOW GREEN. Also Paradise Arcade shop has some no name clear bubble ball tops. It's like a lottery with them, some will glow, and some will not.

Last edited:
anyone know if there is any WHITE button that glow under UV light?

I know what I'm buying if I get my Arcade Shock refund. :)!

@xb74 has been checking his inventory from his store for glowing buttons and stuff. I’ll get him to chime in on this thread…

I just purchased Keikou buttons, balltops, and some ls-32's thanks to this thread :D. I also purchased some Seimitsu 24mm buttons in yellow. Once I have those in-hand, I'll post back in this thread with a photo of all the buttons I have under UV light. As I purchase even more buttons I'll make sure to come back and update with my findings.

Nice one!

Would also be interested in finding out about other things that glow under UV light. I've had some minor successes taking random things into the arcade and noting the results. Day Glo / Fluro stuff looks really great in there.

I'm waiting on the Marvel Black Light Posters Portfolio to arrive to deck out the walls:

9781419756221_IN04.jpg

Also thinking of using Uranium Glass ashtrays which intrigue me, and are ironically cheaper than repro plastic ashtrays:

1*pc-BFDsxcUyQCvWjjUMgJg.png

I knew a dude with a bong that glowed in the dark. 🤔
What a legend... the head shops back in the day used to have all that cool black light stuff...

My arcade room has a wet-bar and I'm needing to refinish the front of it. I'm trying to find some paint that looks 'normal' or even invisible in normal light and then fluorescent in UV. I'd like it to be a navy blue or grey and then with UV have some cool 90's designs, lol. I hope I can figure it out because that would be fun and it'll be fun to share the project here.

My arcade room has a wet-bar and I'm needing to refinish the front of it. I'm trying to find some paint that looks 'normal' or even invisible in normal light and then fluorescent in UV. I'd like it to be a navy blue or grey and then with UV have some cool 90's designs, lol. I hope I can figure it out because that would be fun and it'll be fun to share the project here.
Some clubs still use UV ink for stamps... you could use or experiment with that.

Fluro markers and paint will come up really good under UV light too.

There's some really impressive looking Funko Pop figurines that react great under UV light. I just don't like the look of those figures whatsoever... someone recently called them the NFT's of figurine collecting, lol. I might still buy some for the hell of it.

Those stars were definitly a thing growing up @64MK - I may or may not have had them on my celing ;) I did have these erasers though:

il_570xN.1158845067_7coo.jpg

Some clubs still use UV ink for stamps... you could use or experiment with that.

Fluro markers and paint will come up really good under UV light too.
Sweet. I'll buy different inks and see what I can come up with. My other half wasn't too stoked on my idea to paint the bar fluorescent green, lol. Probably has to do with the fact that it's one of the first rooms you see when entering the house.

Hey lads, I aim to catalogue most of my stock with their UV suitability for considerations in your mancaves and gaming rooms. I too am quite intrigued as to the results possible.
It is quite a decent undertaking and real life has snapped up all my time for the moment. I will update this thread though, thanks for pinging me on this 👍

Back