What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
They made 1 single post, in 6 months! It was a post telling you not to pay money for an image, giving you a method to validate if what someone was selling was in fact something they made. That's not" constant updates".
Thank you for the clarification.

I was happy to see updates. Showed me what was possible. I also don’t think the guy was surprised, just disappointed. Imagine having to sift through all those shitty posts.

I’ll be adding pinball tables to my multi this week! I have a dedicated vpin that I put the Pinup Popper Baller Installer on, but it’d be nice to have a few of my favourite tables on the cabinets too
Let me know if you manage to get them working, i've been looking around but not found the tables yet to try.

@Cookie

You are extremely knowledgeable on the X3 platform. You make great discoveries and contribute a ton to the community. Without you, a lot of this would not be possible at all. I wish everyone would stop arguing and just stick to helping one another.

For the people who sell the hard work of others. Let Karma sort it out, we can't save everybody unfortunately.

This is what caused the "kneejerk" reaction and why the emuline thread is gone. These were both public posts:(

If you didn't genuinely want it to happen, then why the fuck say something like that, and lets be VERY VERY CLEAR on this. There is not a single thing on this multi on any version, that isn't available freely to download on the net, or even on the site that this was posted on. It's not 2003 again and the KOF 2013 rom isn't being hoarded and flashed around. Everything on there, is freely available. About as easily available as anything has ever been to get.

If I didn't post for months, come back and made that post, and the first response was this...

I've never once not been appreciative of the work that went into the image.

If this is you being appreciative, man, i'd hate to see what you are like when you don't appreciate something.

gonefull.jpg

Last edited:
So to be on topic, thread was locked because of ttx3 multi talk, which is fine and understandable.

If I create a new thread that is just how to setup attract mode front end with nesicaxlive theme using a pc and fast2kb, is that okay @Darksoft ?

So lets just make this really clear........

This is what he posted about the interaction before the screenshot above was available.

1649257332833.png

YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP......... I'm dead serious, YOU CAN NOT MAKE THIS UP. Complaining about Youtube videos being posted of the multi.

In July 2021, He offered me money to make a video of the multi, in the public thread. I can't make this kind of comedy up.

video.png

I mean, how much of a money hungry grub i am.
You can feel my "what the hell does this guy want a video of it running for?" vibe in that reply right? You need a promo video or something?

1234.png

So to be on topic, thread was locked because of ttx3 multi talk, which is fine and understandable.

If I create a new thread that is just how to setup attract mode front end with nesicaxlive theme using a pc and fast2kb, is that okay @Darksoft ?
please do then we can get back to what we started, which was helping not arguing.

1. I don't have any regrets offering you 20 bucks to make a video about an image I was and am super excited about. I've paid 20 dollars to see terrible movies in a theatre. To see an updated V4 video that was over an hour long was, during the pandemic, my entertainment.

2. I don't post on emuline because I don't really like emuline in general. It was host to a neat image. I was fed up with the "updating a private image" shit. I'm not sure why my inactivity on the site means anything. But okay, in retrospect, I'm sure just not saying anything would have been easier. That I will agree with. It took energy, negative energy, for me to go to a place of irritation which was ultimately wasted time.

3. I have no issue with you (you've been an excellent source of knowledge) and I also have no issue with someone who modifies a V4 in their personal time, gets excited about it and CHOOSES to not share their work with others. None whatsoever. I take issue with creating an image to get to V4 and pulling it back from being public because "this is being sold on ebay and now no one will have access to updated versions" when the real answer is that it was pulled because the wrong person was profiting on something that was, according to others I've talked to, supposed to be non-profit and those who didn't buy it were going to get hosed. Myself included.

Feel like I've been pretty respectful and complimentary of the image and the hard work that went into it. Feel like I've been pretty respectful in this thread even. Sorry my "whining" and sharing of my opinion has locked threads and caused so much upheaval. I will endeavor to comment less frequently on TTX3 stuff in the future so I don't ruin the party for anyone else as that was never my intention. Cheers.

As a new member and one of those who participated the most out of the Multi V6 thread as well as the deleted thread from Murray/ Cookies,
I am a bit confused on how we should continue.
I feel "too new" to this community to comment on anything in particular and additionally I think it leads nowhere...

I can only say that I am very appreciative on the support I received, especially from guys like cookies.
The amount of info that was thrown out not only for the public to read but also on individual request (Begging for s***) was ( I want to say is)
just incredible.
If you're new to this stuff like me it can be a bit hard to get a understanding of not only all the Arcade related- Hardware- and Software- Topics
but also the "political" aspects on not to step on anyones toes, don't ask unallowed questions, whatever...

So where I am going with this is the question on what is allowed to discuss regarding the "V4 Community Multi" let's call it
and if we should open a new thread or not.
I don't want to go out as a newbie and open up a thread which might cause additional trouble, that's why I am respectfully asking.
Especially since I will not be the one who will be able to provide a lot of valuable info. However I am willing to learn and support this community.
S**** I learned so much in two weeks, If I'd follow this board I might be able to support others in the future same way Cookies and a lot of other folks did...

I would love to learn how to implement the new ArcCabView Shader for example. Could I do it myself? - Probably not without messing a lot of stuff up
Would I rather see this in a thread with all the expertise of guys on this Forum to get the full 100% out of it? -Hell yeah
Am I a stranger making demand of anyone's time by asking?- I hope not

I am happy with my Multi and what I recently actually did was PLAYING GAMES AND ENJOYING IT.
I am not looking for adding 1000+ games , instead I rather delete the ones I won't play anyway
but if I would not want to tweak, customize and optimize and learn new stuff I could as well play PS5 in my livingroom without having to worry about anything...

Peace

As a new member and one of those who participated the most out of the Multi V6 thread as well as the deleted thread from Murray/ Cookies,
I am a bit confused on how we should continue.
I feel "too new" to this community to comment on anything in particular and additionally I think it leads nowhere...

I can only say that I am very appreciative on the support I received, especially from guys like cookies.
The amount of info that was thrown out not only for the public to read but also on individual request (Begging for s***) was ( I want to say is)
just incredible.
If you're new to this stuff like me it can be a bit hard to get a understanding of not only all the Arcade related- Hardware- and Software- Topics
but also the "political" aspects on not to step on anyones toes, don't ask unallowed questions, whatever...

So where I am going with this is the question on what is allowed to discuss regarding the "V4 Community Multi" let's call it
and if we should open a new thread or not.
I don't want to go out as a newbie and open up a thread which might cause additional trouble, that's why I am respectfully asking.
Especially since I will not be the one who will be able to provide a lot of valuable info. However I am willing to learn and support this community.
S**** I learned so much in two weeks, If I'd follow this board I might be able to support others in the future same way Cookies and a lot of other folks did...

I would love to learn how to implement the new ArcCabView Shader for example. Could I do it myself? - Probably not without messing a lot of stuff up
Would I rather see this in a thread with all the expertise of guys on this Forum to get the full 100% out of it? -Hell yeah
Am I a stranger making demand of anyone's time by asking?- I hope not

I am happy with my Multi and what I recently actually did was PLAYING GAMES AND ENJOYING IT.
I am not looking for adding 1000+ games , instead I rather delete the ones I won't play anyway
but if I would not want to tweak, customize and optimize and learn new stuff I could as well play PS5 in my livingroom without having to worry about anything...

Peace
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Well said, a few of us are in the same boat, I learnt so much by following cookies guide and enjoyed messing with it even though I got knowhere lol, but with help from other members I have made my multi a little better and would like to take it further.
But as you say, being just a student to the group (even though I’ve been a member for years) it’s better to leave it to someone with more knowledge to lead the way.
I am really appreciative of everything everyone has done so far to help and hope we can start again without all the negativity and make it even better.

Hi all I wish I had not asked about the V6 on YouTube. Guess I got excited after using V4.
After all the work and effort that people had put into it, they should be proud of their efforts and the work they put in to it.
In effect they created a phenomenon that no other work can touch even looking at other systems it really is amazing what they have created. No Frankenstein but a genesis. I totally agree on the greed of people making money out of other peoples hard work is totally wrong,
Perhaps they could build a key system into it and charge for it themselves then their efforts are rewarded, it’s obvious the team are way ahead of many people.

If the guys behind Artax read this please accept my apologies.

Perhaps they could build a key system into it and charge for it themselves then their efforts are rewarded
Saw this when the ringedge boots were new, Chinese multi boots with unnecessarily encrypted drives and keychips glued into the systems (seriously). It's essentially a disservice to the community and profiteering from bootlegging at that point.

Once you start charging you venture we'll into legal liability territory.

Ive been running the v4 image fir a while and was looking for a newer image and found the posts gone, i was watching murray’s input over at emuline, she there are no further releases, the v7 on youtube looks like a for sale version which is a shame, if there is a newer cersion can sombody PM me please?
No disrespect to you at all but this just demonstrates that making it private just leads to more people willing to pay money (not saying you're personally trying to pay).

At this point though as Murray/Cookie has said, the info is now out there if you're willing to do the work. And there isn't anything stopping any one of us from posting a wiki or WP site or whatever with the technical information alone.

Saw this when the ringedge boots were new, Chinese multi boots with unnecessarily encrypted drives and keychips glued into the systems (seriously). It's essentially a disservice to the community and profiteering from bootlegging at that point.

Once you start charging you venture we'll into legal liability territory.

No disrespect to you at all but this just demonstrates that making it private just leads to more people willing to pay money (not saying you're personally trying to pay).

At this point though as Murray/Cookie has said, the info is now out there if you're willing to do the work. And there isn't anything stopping any one of us from posting a wiki or WP site or whatever with the technical information alone.
No I am not trying to pay for it, just feel as though I instigated the whole crap.
I am learning about how the whole thing works myself.
I have put a couple of drives together and tinkering with them myself, to see what I can do.
Guess it’s my way of enjoying old age.
What I Learn or if I get anything good I will share.
It’s bad enough people ripping others off for the price people are charging for the ttx’s. December you could get in in JP for £30-£50 now nearly £200, let alone eBay etc £350 plus

No I am not trying to pay for it, just feel as though I instigated the whole crap.
I am learning about how the whole thing works myself.
If it makes you feel any better, this kind of drama is incredibly precedented 😆

This will wash over like all the rest.

After taking time to process all of this, I wanted to share my thoughts:

The Artax V4 image is amazing, I'm sure most of you will agree. Some VERY talented people knew how to further expand the image into something greater and did. Posting teaser videos on YouTube and announcing that ALL future releases would be PRIVATE ONLY is a crock of shit. It comes off as, look how great I am, but I'm not sharing with you. Especially on a website like Emuline where mostly everything is shared with the public. Is it right to be a greedy piece of shit and sell other peoples hard work? Umm no, never.

Could you imagine if Darksoft knew how to make all of these incredible multi kits, but never offered them up for sale? What if all he did was make YouTube videos about how amazing he was?

At the end of the day, we are a community based on our love of arcade games. I don't expect everyone to get along or see eye to eye all of the time, but the way this all went down was straight up lame.

We are ALL entitled to our opinions. Freedom of speech last time I checked. The world is seriously slowly starting to go to shit. People are so offended and sensitive over the most minor things. It's honestly quite sad.

I had to get that off of my chest. I'm sure others feel the exact same way at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Sorry to start the drama again, but after time to process all of this, I wanted to share my thoughts:

The Artax V4 image is amazing, I'm sure most of you will agree. A few VERY talented people knew how to further expand the image into something greater and did. Posting teaser videos on YouTube and announcing that ALL future releases would be PRIVATE ONLY is a crock of shit. It screams, look how great I am, but I'm not sharing, so don't bother asking. Especially on a website like Emuline where mostly everything is shared with the public. Is it right to be a greedy piece of shit and sell other peoples hard work? Umm no, never.

Could you imagine if Darksoft knew how to make all of these incredible multi kits, but never offered them up for sale to anyone? What if all he did was make YouTube videos about how amazing he was, and never went any further than that?

At the end of the day, we are a community based on our love of arcade games. I don't expect everyone to get along or see eye to eye all of the time, but the way this all went down was straight up lame.

Sorry, not sorry. We are ALL entitled to our opinions. Freedom of speech last time I checked. The world is seriously slowly starting to go to shit. Everyone is so offended and sensitive over the most minor things. It's honestly quite sad.

I had to get that off of my chest. I'm sure others feel the exact same way at the end of the day. Something I WILL NOT do is stroke the ego of someone with serious anger issues.
I take offense that you think we’re all sensitive 😮😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back