What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a dead serious question.
My answer is actually pretty serious despite the emoji.

In all seriousness most people in the community who contribute (outside of the market only) to forums like this are good people.

But there is a massive amount of people in the hobby who could care less about these forums, our communities work, etc., as long as they get teh romz. It's unfortunate but it's been that way forever.

But how do you find who contributes if they are just newbies? And what if Cookie just creates another account and pretends to be a newbie to get answers?

But how do you find who contributes if they are just newbies? And what if Cookie just creates another account and pretends to be a newbie to get answers?
if ur on this forum as often as i am, u can see who is really active and who isnt, pretty much. im still a newbie, but im passionate and it shows. help the ppl who are passionate and they will pay it forward in return. thats how i feel, anyway.

Weeding out people who have been on a forum a long time is easy, it’s the actual people that just signed up is hard, just ignore them all?

We all have our strengths and weaknesses, unfortunately my weakness is this 😆🤣

If you can help without it feeling like a burden, go for it.

You're not legally obligated to ever visit the thread again if you post an informative thread, and nobody here has to answer questions to keep their job. Thankfully lol.

I post here and other forums because I love the hobby, I love learning, and I love sharing information. And those loves actually override my anger or distaste for leeches and profiteers.

Now tomorrow when my Amiga 500 mini arrives I’ll be going back into a time when we all met in clubs and inserted our floppy’s into there drives to get games, such easier more civilised times lol.

Weeding out people who have been on a forum a long time is easy, it’s the actual people that just signed up is hard, just ignore them all?
the ones who truly want to learn will either seek u out, make posts, or ask questions. you can also view members's content in this forum. just look at their profile and u can see the last like 20 things they did/said. theres plenty of ways. look at their intro post if they r that new. U ask them questions.

Most of you guys have some valid points on certain things.

I'll say this, there is no reason for anyone to get pissed off over something that was offered freely. All the info is out there, Murray / @Cookie and a few other guys posted a shit ton of info on what to do with the multi, it is not that difficult, but it is time-consuming. I for one do not mind donating to the core team doing this, fuck Ill sign up for a Patreon if it makes sense. Time is one of the most valuable commodities besides data nowadays. But many forget to factor in time as cost when doing these things, some people willingly give their free time, others dont feel the same way. And then, those that do get jaded over time as requests/demands come in.

What is it that you guys are after in the latest version of the Artax multi? Is it just because you guys want more games?? That you can already play just about anywhere else in other systems you probably already have? No reason to get worked up over that. The info was posted learn to tweak the multi yourselves, and if you cant, link up with someone that will work with you. The only thing I was after are the improvements, and also, tweaking it to run properly on an X4, since I have both systems.

I have done most of the stuff you guys want, and I still have more to do on it. I dont have the time though; not much anyway. Im not talking about just loading more games to the front end, that's easy. Only games I load are the games I want to play and that will work in cab with plain joystick/buttons. What I would like to implement is the improvements with the latest iterations over version 4, that's it. Im happy with the cleaned-up version 4 I have.

Its all a matter of time, just wait until some new multi-system comes out and bootleggers will move onto that and maybe a new X3/X4 multi release will come forth. As long as there is profit to be made these guys will be on the hunt to copy and resell this stuff. Hell, they have copied multis that were created here and are now on Aliexpress/eBay for sale. I get it, it will happen, but it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt that they are profiting off, not acknowledging the creator, and are blatantly calling it their own.

If @Cookie wanted to delete the info/post whatever, its his choice, and should be respected. He has always been cool, so if he got worked up, then probably rightfully so. If he posted a video on youtube showing off whatever, who cares? It his stuff. Just be grateful we have people like on this site doings stuff and sharing info. Some of you guys are just aiding in alienating these guys from releasing stuff.

Also, dont forget that when you signed up ALL the info on here belongs to the site owners, to do as they please. So, if they dont want drama or content related to these newish systems on the site, that is their choice and you should not get worked up about it, it doesn't mean you cant question this, but ultimately its their choice, their site, their rules.

BTW - Im still rocking my X1 multi thanks to @rtw and X2, RE2 multis thanks to @Niko drama free. Now also rocking Artax V4 X3 mutli Nag Screen free :P

Any opinions expressed are solely my own and do not express the views or opinions of anyone else tagged on here, that's it for now :D

PS - Just chill guys, lets get back to gaming/creating stuff/sharing info!

Now tomorrow when my Amiga 500 mini arrives I’ll be going back into a time when we all met in clubs and inserted our floppy’s into there drives to get games, such easier more civilised times lol.

That just sounds so wrong.

the ones who truly want to learn will either seek u out, make posts, or ask questions. you can also view members's content in this forum. just look at their profile and u can see the last like 20 things they did/said. theres plenty of ways. look at their intro post if they r that new. U ask them questions.

But I never even made an intro post on the forum lol

Personally I was enjoying the challenge and it gave me something to do, the last 2 years + I’ve mainly been stuck in bed with a herniated disc, so now I can get in my games room it’s actually taken my mind off the pain for a bit while I’m messing with it, which is why it would be nice to get back to it and all help each other where we can.

Most of you guys have some valid points on certain things.

I'll say this, there is no reason for anyone to get pissed off over something that was offered freely. All the info is out there, Murray / @Cookie and a few other guys posted a shit ton of info on what to do with the multi, it is not that difficult, but it is time-consuming. I for one do not mind donating to the core team doing this, fuck Ill sign up for a Patreon if it makes sense. Time is one of the most valuable commodities besides data nowadays. But many forget to factor in time as cost when doing these things, some people willingly give their free time, others dont feel the same way. And then, those that do get jaded over time as requests/demands come in.

What is it that you guys are after in the latest version of the Artax multi? Is it just because you guys want more games?? That you can already play just about anywhere else in other systems you probably already have? No reason to get worked up over that. The info was posted learn to tweak the multi yourselves, and if you cant, link up with someone that will work with you. The only thing I was after are the improvements, and also, tweaking it to run properly on an X4, since I have both systems.

I have done most of the stuff you guys want, and I still have more to do on it. I dont have the time though; not much anyway. Im not talking about just loading more games to the front end, that's easy. Only games I load are the games I want to play and that will work in cab with plain joystick/buttons. What I would like to implement is the improvements with the latest iterations over version 4, that's it. Im happy with the cleaned-up version 4 I have.

Its all a matter of time, just wait until some new multi-system comes out and bootleggers will move onto that and maybe a new X3/X4 multi release will come forth. As long as there is profit to be made these guys will be on the hunt to copy and resell this stuff. Hell, they have copied multis that were created here and are now on Aliexpress/eBay for sale. I get it, it will happen, but it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt that they are profiting off, not acknowledging the creator, and are blatantly calling it their own.

If @Cookie wanted to delete the info/post whatever, its his choice, and should be respected. He has always been cool, so if he got worked up, then probably rightfully so. If he posted a video on youtube showing off whatever, who cares? It his stuff. Just be grateful we have people like on this site doings stuff and sharing info. Some of you guys are just aiding in alienating these guys from releasing stuff.

Also, dont forget that when you signed up ALL the info on here belongs to the site owners, to do as they please. So, if they dont want drama or content related to these newish systems on the site, that is their choice and you should not get worked up about it, it doesn't mean you cant question this, but ultimately its their choice, their site, their rules.

BTW - Im still rocking my X1 multi thanks to @rtw and X2, RE2 multis thanks to @Niko drama free. Now also rocking Artax V4 X3 mutli Nag Screen free :P

Any opinions expressed are solely my own and do not express the views or opinions of anyone else tagged on here, that's it for now :D

PS - Just chill guys, lets get back to gaming/creating stuff/sharing info!

This is what I tried to say in a simple line. Be happy with the v4, act like nothing else exists. Mod it yourself if you want. Wait around and something else may release one day.

Those were the days :D

We used to meet up and everyone was bringing in their bins of the latest software on floppy and we would copy/play games, etc.. Try and circumvent the latest copy protection schemes at the time, fun days/nights.

What I would like to implement is the improvements with the latest iterations over version 4, that's it. Im happy with the cleaned-up version 4 I have.
This. Plus adding the new ArcCabView and be able to discuss and ask for advise if I get stuck due to lack of skill or knowledge…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back