What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he kept his mouth shut both threads would probably still be open?
Was he wrong?

Can he just post the info somewhere else?

You're mad that the class is being punished when a kid spoke up, but you're ignoring that the kid was right to begin with.

Wow. That's pretty personally hostile considering the first thread was shut down because someone else made the choice to shut it down and it was barely serving the interest of anyone else. The second thread was locked because I made an honest mistake copy and paste error after midnight when I was tired and just relieved to have been able to help retrieve something I thought MIGHT be valuable.

I've also personally apologized to the forum multiple times, come forward to claim that I was the reason the emuline thread went down AND I apologized to mods for my error with the links. I'm not sure how any of what I've said or done has been whiny but I wouldn't change a thing..aside from being more thoughtful about copy and pasting things onto here.

You're complaining about the people trying to free the info in the 1st place, your energy is probably spent better elsewhere.

I saw the posts in question before the thread got deleted, sometimes a persons recollection of events can be skewed, and when the information's no longer around to prove otherwise, you just have to accept what people say, but you are correct, my energy is probably better spent elsewhere.

The problem is that Cookie is not Cookie. Cookie is Murray from Emuline and this forum. Murray doesn't like me because Murray takes issue with my take on the image being private and then updated. Murray also has a YT channel with V7 updates. I like Murray all the same because, prior to now, I had really neat learning interactions with Murray.

*shrug* It is what it is, I suppose. Though I dare say I'm not the only person who feels how I feel.

For what it's worth, reached out to all four mods. Twisted was kind enough to remove the links for me. Thank you again for that, Twisted. Guess we will see if it will be unlocked now.

The problem is that Cookie is not Cookie. Cookie is Murray from Emuline and this forum. Murray doesn't like me because Murray takes issue with my take on the image being private and then updated. Murray also has a YT channel with V7 updates. I like Murray all the same because, prior to now, I had really neat learning interactions with Murray.

*shrug* It is what it is, I suppose. Though I dare say I'm not the only person who feels how I feel.
OH MY GOD, my disguise is ruined.

gotme.png

I take issue with the way you spin what you said, to make it sound like "poor me", when in fact, your post was a real asshole whiney post crying for warez, and yes i'm annoyed that the original thread got deleted, I put a lot of energy into helping people and posting what i knew on there. But hey, if other people feel the same way, have at it, some of you guys are really good at it.

You (and others) are literally crying about some game frontend, that's freely available, with a bunch of freely available games in it, the information to add everything is available, the scripts are in the other thread, examples are in the other thread, you have an entire iso image of examples to go off, It's all there!!!! But rather than have a crack at adding stuff in there yourself you and others just sit around and complain that they can't have someone elses work that has chosen not to give it to you. I mean, what they did share with you, you are unhappy with that. What fucking world are we living in where you are complaining about what you have available to you on the Artax v4 multi... seriously. HOW ARE YOU NOT HAPPY WITH THAT. In what world is someone who has that much available to them in one menu, not happy with what they have.

If you want to add some games, spend some time playing with it like others did in that thread, and then some of those people even shared that info with you, and made easy to download updates that you can drop in, to make you enjoy what you have more, by removing that annoying ass nag screen, and wait for it,,,,,,,, no seriously,,,, wait for it,,,,,,,,,, THEY DID THAT AND MADE IT AVAILABLE TO YOU FOR FREE, like the original multi image was made available to you. HOLY FUCK, i can't imagine what you assholes would behave like if you actually paid money for it.

If you guys want more stuff added to the multi, and you want to make improvements, then ADD IT YOUR FUCKING SELF until such time as someone else adds it for you and gives it to you., or go and buy the ones available online at aliexpress and ebay, which those people did EXACTLY THAT, they took what was available and ADDED THEIR OWN STUFF TO IT.... oh wait, they don't want to give their time for free, well, pay their fee. Start doing things for the benefit of EVERYONE, not just yourself and your own changes you want to make, do things for the good of this "community", not just yourself.

I guess you can lead a horse to water but holy shit you can't make that stinky cunt drink, no matter how many times you shove it's face in the water.

OH MY GOD, my disguise is ruined.

gotme.png

I take issue with the way you spin what you said, to make it sound like "poor me", when in fact, your post was a real asshole whiney post crying for warez, and yes i'm annoyed that the original thread got deleted, I put a lot of energy into helping people and posting what i knew on there. But hey, if other people feel the same way, have at it, some of you guys are really good at it.

You (and others) are literally crying about some game frontend, that's freely available, with a bunch of freely available games in it, the information to add everything is available, the scripts are in the other thread, examples are in the other thread, you have an entire iso image of examples to go off, It's all there!!!! But rather than have a crack at adding stuff in there yourself you and others just sit around and complain that they can't have someone elses work that has chosen not to give it to you. I mean, what they did share with you, you are unhappy with that. What fucking world are we living in where you are complaining about what you have available to you on the Artax v4 multi... seriously. HOW ARE YOU NOT HAPPY WITH THAT. In what world is someone who has that much available to them in one menu, not happy with what they have.

If you want to add some games, spend some time playing with it like others did in that thread, and then some of those people even shared that info with you, and made easy to download updates that you can drop in, to make you enjoy what you have more, by removing that annoying ass nag screen, and wait for it,,,,,,,, no seriously,,,, wait for it,,,,,,,,,, THEY DID THAT AND MADE IT AVAILABLE TO YOU FOR FREE, like the original multi image was made available to you. HOLY FUCK, i can't imagine what you assholes would behave like if you actually paid money for it.

If you guys want more stuff added to the multi, and you want to make improvements, then ADD IT YOUR FUCKING SELF until such time as someone else adds it for you and gives it to you., or go and buy the ones available online at aliexpress and ebay, which those people did EXACTLY THAT, they took what was available and ADDED THEIR OWN STUFF TO IT.... oh wait, they don't want to give their time for free, well, pay their fee. Start doing things for the benefit of EVERYONE, not just yourself and your own changes you want to make, do things for the good of this "community", not just yourself.

I guess you can lead a horse to water but holy shit you can't make that stinky cunt drink, no matter how many times you shove it's face in the water.

giphy.webp

I've never once not been appreciative of the work that went into the image. I don't care what names you call me. I still rather enjoy the previous interactions we had.

Taking a V4 image and making it a V5, V6 and V7 image and keeping it private but updating a private image with notes online and videos on YT and either holding that image hostage behind your own person paywall OR keeping it to yourself but lording your skillz over everyone is not "doing it for the benefit of everyone." It's gatekeeping. I don't possess the skills to make my own image. Never did. But to pull an image from public to private and say "people are selling this on Ebay and this is why it's now private and other people can't have access to it" is ridiculous if you plan to keep showing off that same image and thumbing your nose at the not-interested-in-monetizing-it community that would appreciate it. There were a lot of good people who value the work that has been done that lost access to updates because of bad apples selling shit on ebay. That's bullshit. I'll die on that hill.

I suppose reasonable minds can disagree.

I've never once not been appreciative of the work that went into the image. I don't care what names you call me. I still rather enjoy the previous interactions we had.

Taking a V4 image and making it a V5, V6 and V7 image and keeping it private but updating a private image with notes online and videos on YT and either holding that image hostage behind your own person paywall OR keeping it to yourself but lording your skillz over everyone is not "doing it for the benefit of everyone." It's gatekeeping. I don't possess the skills to make my own image. Never did. But to pull an image from public to private and say "people are selling this on Ebay and this is why it's now private and other people can't have access to it" is ridiculous if you plan to keep showing off that same image and thumbing your nose at the not-interested-in-monetizing-it community that would appreciate it. There were a lot of good people who value the work that has been done that lost access to updates because of bad apples selling shit on ebay. That's bullshit. I'll die on that hill.

I suppose reasonable minds can disagree.

Yep, that's me, the "skill lorder" that's what I do. I take the things i learn, and i don't share any of it, and i just shove it in people faces. You got me again.
I don't control this multi and if it is public or private. It's not my creation and it's not mine to share or not.

Let's quote someone from the other thread.
"Artax multi is a great proof of concept and is the result of obviously countless hours to put together, but I'd say it's a far, far stretch from being "THE" go-to thing. I feel that people should think of it as such; a stepping stone to something greater, or a stopgap until something cleaner and more streamlined is made."

The collective ability of the members of this forum i'm sure could come up with something far better in a very short time, maybe someone already has! Check out kriss cool mods, he's got you covered. Even has a nice online updates server that pushes updates out to your multi. There are other options, just use them.

I'll die on my hill of "skill lorder", "paywaller" or whatever you want to tell yourself.

Yep, that's me, the "skill lorder" that's what I do. I take the things i learn, and i don't share any of it, and i just shove it in people faces. You got me again.
I don't control this multi and if it is public or private. It's not my creation and it's not mine to share or not.

Let's quote someone from the other thread.
"Artax multi is a great proof of concept and is the result of obviously countless hours to put together, but I'd say it's a far, far stretch from being "THE" go-to thing. I feel that people should think of it as such; a stepping stone to something greater, or a stopgap until something cleaner and more streamlined is made."

The collective ability of the members of this forum i'm sure could come up with something far better in a very short time, maybe someone already has! Check out kriss cool mods, he's got you covered. Even has a nice online updates server that pushes updates out to your multi. There are other options, just use them.

I'll die on my hill of "skill lorder", "paywaller" or whatever you want to tell yourself.
Thank you for all your hard work on the buyers guide, creating image thread, bios update, etc. I think the emuline thread and privatization of the image was bullshit, shady and I wish all of that would have been handled differently. I think you've been an asset to the forum, Murray and helped me personally in the past. So thank you.

And I just want to know why the other thread was locked or if working on a ttx3 multi is not allowed or something.

This is nobody's fault. This is too new and we dont want to see it around.

You can discuss it somewhere else, where these topics are acceptable. I even heard that they have a Discord, for Artax.

Well I think it’s a shame, I’ve spent a lot of hours trying to update this even though I’ve no idea what I’m doing, and this forum has helped a lot and given me a place to learn something new, it would be nice if updates were freely given but as it’s been mentioned several times that isn’t going to happen, so I took the decision to work on it myself with help from the community, now that option has been removed as well ☹️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back